Windows 10: starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

Discus and support starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; pretty much the title. My PC used to take 30 secs to start and now it takes at least 2 mins (i actually timed it), most of this time is spent on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kak2a2, Feb 9, 2019.

1. kak2a2 Win User

starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

pretty much the title.

My PC used to take 30 secs to start and now it takes at least 2 mins (i actually timed it), most of this time is spent on the windows logo loading screen.

it's been 2 months. last thing i remember doing was installing Samsung SSD Magician and Samsung Nvme SSD Driver and ACE stream. since then, i uninstalled all of them but nothing helped. i also tried uninstalling apps and games i'm not using, nothing happened. also tried unplugging everything connected but the mouse and keyboard, didn't help.

i have 800 GB free on my 1 TB SSD, as most things are installed on my HDD. finally, i wanted to note that the slow start up happened suddenly, and not gradually and/or overtime.

it's also important to note that my PC is only slower when starting up, everything else seems to be fine.

pc specs :

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Intel Core i7 7700K

32 gb RAM

STRIX Z270E GAMING

GTX 1080 Ti

SSD 960 PRO NVMe M.2 1TB

WD black 4tb HDD

:)

kak2a2, Feb 9, 2019

2. I started my upgrade with 8 min 31 secs on the countdown. Update failed, marked 7/30/2016. Any recourse?

I started my upgrade with 8 min 31 secs on the countdown. I am running Win 7. Update failed, marked 7/30/2016. Any recourse?

MikePorzio, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Why Live Tile is updated in Windows Phone @ 30 Mins interval?

Hi Jay..

Thanks for response!!!

I tried as per suggested steps, unfortunalty does not help.

I think it is Windows OS Limitation to have tile update on every 30 mins.

Shrikrishna Khupasangikar, Feb 9, 2019
  4. starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

1. starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins - Similar Threads - starting used secs

2. Ssd take long time to start up 30 min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd take long time to start up 30 min: Hello A month ago I installed ssd After installing Windows updates, and after two days, it suddenly became very slow and took half an hour to start. I tried all the methods on the Internet and YouTube. I checked the health of ssd and files but there is no error please help...
  3. Ssd take long time to start up 30 min

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd take long time to start up 30 min: Hello A month ago I installed ssd After installing Windows updates, and after two days, it suddenly became very slow and took half an hour to start. I tried all the methods on the Internet and YouTube. I checked the health of ssd and files but there is no error please help...
  4. Ssd take long time to start up 30 min

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open.: New PC w/Win 11 and Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open unless network disabled. A search revealed the same problem reported for a couple of years. As reported, disable network and Wordpad opens instantly. Why hasn't MS fixed it? Same with AutoPlay which hasn't worked for several...
  6. Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open.: New PC w/Win 11 and Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open unless network disabled. A search revealed the same problem reported for a couple of years. As reported, disable network and Wordpad opens instantly. Why hasn't MS fixed it? Same with AutoPlay which hasn't worked for several...
  7. why does my computer take about 30 sec to boot if i leave the monitor off, but about 3 min...

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my computer take about 30 sec to boot if i leave the monitor off, but about 3 min...: computer takes about 3 min to boot with monitor on. spends alot of time on black hp screen before circling leading to welcome screen and desktop. with monitor off boots to desktop in about 30 sec. lcd monitor using hdmi...
  8. starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

in Windows 10 Support
    starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins: pretty much the title. My PC used to take 30 secs to start and now it takes at least 2 mins (i actually timed it), most of this time is spent on the windows logo loading screen. it's been 2 months. last thing i remember doing was installing Samsung SSD Magician and...
  9. Windows 10 Booting taking more than 30 mins everytime

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Booting taking more than 30 mins everytime: Windows 10 boot time is taking more than 30 mins,also after the boot is done the application's are not working as quick as expected and i get an error like " Microsoft Windows The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end...
  10. windows take 30 minute for start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows take 30 minute for start-up: Hi my pc tack up 30 minute for start I have i7 7700 + h110+hdd 750g+hdd 1t +gtx650 -- i install another windows and download new windows iso + update windows+update bios and delete all partition and check disk andThe problem still exists i open "Event...