Windows 10: Starting over

Discus and support Starting over in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Win 10 and did something that wasn't too bright. I did the SFC / scannow in the prompt and got the "corrupt files but wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tornadohunter006, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Starting over

I recently upgraded to Win 10 and did something that wasn't too bright. I did the SFC / scannow in the prompt and got the "corrupt files but wasn't able to fix them all" after it was finished. I looked into doing the advanced restart to fix it but thought better about doing it until I knew a bit more about it. I believe I do have a recovery partition, but I'm not going there - YET. I'm very "new" at trying to do this but could use a bit of help. I would have just restored it but all my restore points took a permanent vacation (don't know what happened there). I do have 1 restore point but it doesn't go back far enough. What would be the best way for a fix? I could really use the help. Thanks in advance. Starting over :eek:)

:)

tornadohunter006, Aug 26, 2019

2. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Aug 26, 2019
  3. How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 26, 2019
  4. a111087 Win User

Starting over

3d gamestudio

dark basic comes with built in help that includes a tutorial and all kinds of help to get you started and even offers a step by step guide to creating your first game

a111087, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Starting over

1. Starting over - Similar Threads - Starting

2. Start, taskbar and action centre

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start, taskbar and action centre: Since latest update for Windows 10 the Above features are greyed out. I have tried changing to Custom under Personalisation>Colours>Chose your Colour, but this does not work anymore. It did a couple of weeks ago. I really do not like having the Task Bar and Start menu in...
  3. Automatic Repair : Your PC did not start correctly Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair : Your PC did not start correctly Windows 10: it have restart options which lead to boot loop.I also try advance options -> troubleshoot -> advanced options -> startup repair and get another problem C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt and I try orther ways but it seem like everytime I restart , shutdown it run...
  4. UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch: Hi guys! I have a 2016 i5 with Nvidia GPU Surface Book since launch and it has not given me any trouble until recently. So I first notice that my Photos App is not starting and I started using a third party photo viewer so I don't think it's much of a problem. Just now,...
  5. Defender Offline scan starts and then immediately reboots

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Offline scan starts and then immediately reboots: I am unable to run windows defender offline scan. I have seen many matches for this same problem but they were for older versions of windows 10. I am running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 One unusual thing about this machine is it uses a m.2 ssd drive as...
  6. Can't Click on Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Click on Start Menu Apps: When I open the start menu and try to search for something/click on something it doesn't do anything. After restarting, sometimes it doesn't even let me click on the windows button at all (I can still open it with the windows key.) I've seen a lot of threads on this but...
  7. Problem with system starting after update to win 10 from win 8

Problem with system starting after update to win 10 from win 8: After upgrading from windows 8 to windows 10 i have a problem. When I turn on the laptop there is a system loading screen, then a black screen is displayed for one to two minutes and only then it turns on. I have updated drivers. And everything in task manager in autostart is...
  8. Photos App 'The App didn't start.'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App 'The App didn't start.': 'Photos' gives me the source and address of the image but simply states, 'The App didn't start.' I have used Powershell to uninstall and reinstall the app. I have uninstalled the app and downloaded it again from the Microsoft Store. But still no joy. What can I do next?...
  9. "Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows

"Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows: [ATTACH] Recently (probably after I installed Xbox app) I have been getting this popup every time I open my computer. After pressing Cancel 4 times, it goes away but it's annoying. When I connect my smart card reader it does detect it but it wants me to insert my card,...
  10. Right clicking on start menu items now has tons of options.

Right clicking on start menu items now has tons of options.: Is this from a recent update? Any way to disable it? See picture below for context -- this is the selection list from right-clicking on a Steam chat window. https://imgur.com/Fam18RT I thought it might be Steam-specific, but if I right-click on a Chrome window it now has...