Windows 10: Starting Task Bar tasks fail to execute

Discus and support Starting Task Bar tasks fail to execute in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the last monthly Winows10 update, all my task bar icons fail to execute and give the errmsg '....\identity_helper.exe not found'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BjørnÅlvik, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Starting Task Bar tasks fail to execute

After the last monthly Winows10 update, all my task bar icons fail to execute and give the errmsg '....\identity_helper.exe not found'

:)

BjørnÅlvik, Feb 23, 2021

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 23, 2021
  3. johnes39 Win User
    Task Bar and Alphabetized List

Hello:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Desktop

I updated an program.

Afterward the entry for the program disappeared from the alphabetized list of the Start Menu.

I searched for the executable and then right clicked and added to the task bar.

An icon for the executable now shows up in the Start Menu icon area but does not appear in the Start Menu alphabetized list.

Question: How to produce an entry for this executable file in the Start Menu alphabetized list?

Thank you...

John S.

johnes39, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Starting Task Bar tasks fail to execute

task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Starting Task Bar tasks fail to execute

1. Starting Task Bar tasks fail to execute - Similar Threads - Starting Task Bar

2. Task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar: My task bar is blank. There are no icons. Also, I cannot access the Start Menu. Pressing the Windows Logo key does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/68a70005-5422-42d7-a6d2-296378708c58
  3. Task Bar & Start Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar & Start Button: After installing firmware updates and others for Windows 11, everything at the bottom of the page including the task bar, start buttons, clock, wifi, speaker volume, all disappeared....
  4. Task Bar & Start Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar & Start Button: After installing firmware updates and others for Windows 11, everything at the bottom of the page including the task bar, start buttons, clock, wifi, speaker volume, all disappeared....
  5. Task bar and Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar and Start Menu not opening: Hi I have a Windows 10. When I try to type anything in the Search box the screen freezes Until I open Task Manager, and none of the right bottom keys on the taskbar works. When I try to open the start menu- It opens and closes and leaves a black screen where it opened after...
  6. task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task bar: how can i merge cortana to search bar and how to customise the startmenu when i click on windows button and change the task view button . i have windows 10 pro but still my icons are of home.[ATTACH]...
  7. Task bar & task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar & task view: The task view I get is all the pages I visited the size of business cards dont like that how do I change it . Hope some one gets what I'm saying Microsoft did an update as usual all that I was used to got changed...
  8. Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working: Hello, I got a new lenovo idea centre and it worked find the first day, then on the 2nd day the start menu wouldn't open, the task bar does not work and things like the control panel do not open! I keep getting the error C:\\windows\system32\ptionalfeatures.exe. This...
  9. Task bar & task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar & task view: The task view I get is all the pages I visited the size of business cards dont like that how do I change it . Hope some one gets what I'm saying Microsoft did an update as usual all that I was used to got changed...
  10. Task bar, and start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task bar, and start: can't find my task bar or start menu. Not very computer savvy make it as simple as possible. Thanks, Toom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/task-bar-and-start/80fe8b4a-d7cc-4679-9739-7816ebf4b969