Windows 10: Starting the computer from sleep mode, or shutoff takes 20 to 40 minutes, flickering screen...

Discus and support Starting the computer from sleep mode, or shutoff takes 20 to 40 minutes, flickering screen... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dell Inspiron 3670Device name DESKTOP-KPDIBUH Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.8 GB usable Device ID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SMJ517, Jan 13, 2022.

1. SMJ517 Win User

Starting the computer from sleep mode, or shutoff takes 20 to 40 minutes, flickering screen...

Dell Inspiron 3670Device name DESKTOP-KPDIBUH Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.8 GB usable Device ID A315F779-3AF1-46FA-A7D1-87CA84735E87 Product ID 00325-80165-69252-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Windows 10About 3 weeks ago my computer started taking a long time for the screen to turn on after being in sleep mode. I turned off the computer and let it reboot. Same thing happened, takes 10 to 40 minutes for the screen/computer to work. The

:)

SMJ517, Jan 13, 2022

2. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Jan 13, 2022
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jan 13, 2022
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Starting the computer from sleep mode, or shutoff takes 20 to 40 minutes, flickering screen...

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Starting the computer from sleep mode, or shutoff takes 20 to 40 minutes, flickering screen... - Similar Threads - Starting computer sleep

2. lock screen flickering in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock screen flickering in sleep mode: I have ASUS vivo book x16 windows 11 . everything is working fine but a small issue is whenever I kept my laptop in sleep mode then screen start flickering and never get turn off . It's like someone is pressing any key continuously. if anyone of you face this same issue,...
  3. Screen flicker after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flicker after sleep mode: When my laptop goes into sleep mode and I go back to move around the cursor the screen starts flashing on and off. The work around that I'm using right now is just turning it off but the problem it's self hasn't fixedI have a HP laptop that is on windows 11.The problem...
  4. Starting the computer from sleep mode, or shutoff takes 20 to 40 minutes, flickering screen...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Starting the computer from sleep mode, or shutoff takes 20 to 40 minutes, flickering screen...: Dell Inspiron 3670Device name DESKTOP-KPDIBUH Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.8 GB usable Device ID A315F779-3AF1-46FA-A7D1-87CA84735E87 Product ID 00325-80165-69252-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  5. Starting the computer from sleep mode, or shutoff takes 20 to 40 minutes, flickering screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Starting the computer from sleep mode, or shutoff takes 20 to 40 minutes, flickering screen...: Dell Inspiron 3670Device name DESKTOP-KPDIBUH Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.8 GB usable Device ID A315F779-3AF1-46FA-A7D1-87CA84735E87 Product ID 00325-80165-69252-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  6. Windows 10 freezes after 20 - 40 minutes after starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after 20 - 40 minutes after starting: Recently, my computer has been freezing up. Whenever this happens, all open programs refuse to respond, I cannot open any other files/folders/ etc., and I cannot use anything on the task bar, however I can still move my mouse. If I play a game and have a few firefox or egde...
  7. Notebook start screen for 20 minutes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notebook start screen for 20 minutes?: Since 20 min I only see the start screen where acer is standing how does the notebook go 10 days old Notebook seid 20 min in Startbildschirm?
  8. Pc freezes in 20 to 40 minutes of work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes in 20 to 40 minutes of work: I have this pc since 2017 and it worked very well but I got a problem. My pc freezes and I cant move anything and when I force shut down it does it again help please...
  9. Boot from Hibernate takes 20+ minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot from Hibernate takes 20+ minutes: Since fixing my Hanging at Verifying DMI Pool Data issue, I've noticed that if I hibernate my PC instead of shutting down, it takes around 20+ minutes for it to restart. The circle of dots moves very, very slowly. While starting from hibernate, if I press the reset button,...
  10. Screen flicker and Sleep mode issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen flicker and Sleep mode issues: Hi, If I'm using battery power, my screen flickers, then goes fuzzy then comes back to normal on a cycle. If I use mains this problem doesn't occur. When on mains power, if my screen goes into energy saver mode it won't wake up again. If I put my laptop into sleep mode...