Windows 10: Starting to hate Windows 10. Nothing works, including Fallout: New Vegas

Discus and support Starting to hate Windows 10. Nothing works, including Fallout: New Vegas in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I really miss Windows 7 ... I bought a "pimped out" Windows 10 gaming laptop. New games work just fine. But not so much with old games. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vsaxena, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Vsaxena Win User

Starting to hate Windows 10. Nothing works, including Fallout: New Vegas

Hello!

I really miss Windows 7 ...

I bought a "pimped out" Windows 10 gaming laptop. New games work just fine. But not so much with old games. I bought Venetica from Steam but had to return it because none of my hours of troubleshooting helped. Then I tried Fallout: New Vegas, and I'm close to the point of having to return it.

The error i get over and over and over again is: "The code execution cannot proceed because d3d9_38.dll was not found."

And so I go and try to install DirectX (and then DirectX SDK). Over and over and over and over and over again. And each time I get an error. I'm too tired to redo it and copy/paste all the error msgs right now (can do later if necessary). I tried removing all my C++ redistributables. No go. I've scoured countless forums. No go. I'm just so sick of this. So, so, so, so sick of this. I also enabled "Legacy Components." No go.

I hate this operating system. So far it's caused me nothing but grief. I spent my entire afternoon and evening -- my break from work -- trying to resolve the Fallout problem. No go.

Can anyone please help? I have tried everything, and I don't want to have to return yet ANOTHER GAME ...

Tnx, and sincerely!

PS: I have no clue if I posted this in the right category or not. If not, could you move it for me? Tnx!

:)

Vsaxena, Oct 22, 2019

2. FALLOUT NEW VEGAS WITH WINDOWS 10

I just want a flat easy answer.... if I download fallout new vegas will it run properly with windows 10??

jeremybowersock, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Fallout 3 New Vegas Windows 10 Compatibility

I also have Fallout: New Vegas and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I haven't had any problems running these games but when I installed Fallout 3, there were instant issues. I've gotten my game to start by installing Games for Windows Live but it won't run for
    very long without freezing my whole system. I have to ctrl-alt-del and restart my comp. I love my games and I would hate to have to rollback to Win7

SCameron1980, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS WITH WINDOWS 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to download the latest version of Fallout New Vegas it would be compatible, if you face any issue then try to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below on how to install Game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Starting to hate Windows 10. Nothing works, including Fallout: New Vegas - Similar Threads - Starting hate Nothing

2. Cant play Fallout New Vegas on my personal account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play Fallout New Vegas on my personal account?: Hello! Possibly a dumb question and issue, but i used to be able to play Fallout New vegas steam version with no issue. However, i decided to do another play through and it kept having this issue where when i hit play, it would just restart the launcher and do nothing. After...
  3. Cant play Fallout New Vegas on my personal account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant play Fallout New Vegas on my personal account?: Hello! Possibly a dumb question and issue, but i used to be able to play Fallout New vegas steam version with no issue. However, i decided to do another play through and it kept having this issue where when i hit play, it would just restart the launcher and do nothing. After...
  4. error -2015294512 when trying to launch Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition from xbox pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error -2015294512 when trying to launch Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition from xbox pass: i just downloaded fallout new vegas from the xbox pc pass but when i luanch it i get a file error, ive tried uninstaling and reinstaling the game but it does nothing and its been driving me insain....
  5. error -2015294512 when trying to launch Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition from xbox pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error -2015294512 when trying to launch Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition from xbox pass: i just downloaded fallout new vegas from the xbox pc pass but when i luanch it i get a file error, ive tried uninstaling and reinstaling the game but it does nothing and its been driving me insain....
  6. Nothing is working in the taskbar, including Start, Search, Battery, Internet Access, Sound...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nothing is working in the taskbar, including Start, Search, Battery, Internet Access, Sound...: So after a while I updated my pc, I noticed Start and Search aren't working. I click on them and nothing happens. Then I check other icons and tey also don't work. don't know what's wrong. Can someone help me please?...
  7. When I install files (Fallout: New Vegas ENBs, NVSE, FNV 4GB Patcher, FNVEdit, and Other...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I install files (Fallout: New Vegas ENBs, NVSE, FNV 4GB Patcher, FNVEdit, and Other...: It still does not work. Do I do it again? I don't know what to do now. I download my Files from Brave Browser and it works the same on Windows Explorer and Opera GX Browser. Anything I can do? submitted by /u/YourDailyModerator [link] [comments]...
  8. SOLVED: Fallout New Vegas CTD with 0xC0000409 exception.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLVED: Fallout New Vegas CTD with 0xC0000409 exception.: Bought the game during the last Steam sale, been wanting to play it for a number of years but I always said "maybe later". So, I've had the game for about a month. And 3 weeks or more of that time? It's been crashing nonstop whenever I try to enter certain places or get too...
  9. Fallout New Vegas CTD with 0xC0000409 exception.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout New Vegas CTD with 0xC0000409 exception.: Bought the game during the last Steam sale, been wanting to play it for a number of years but I always said "maybe later". So, I've had the game for about a month. And 3 weeks or more of that time? It's been crashing nonstop whenever I try to enter certain places or get too...
  10. Windows 10 won't start and nothing will work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't start and nothing will work: Hi, I need help with my Dell desktop. I left the computer on over night, when I woke up in the morning and the computer froze upon my first click and shutdown by it self. When I restarted it, everything was wiped clean files were still in the drives but no longer installed...