Windows 10: Starting two programs from a single batch file is different than starting two programs in...

Discus and support Starting two programs from a single batch file is different than starting two programs in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First Concrete example: I run “Start Resident Evil 2” from a batch file I run “Start Resident Evil 2 Trainer” from another batch file Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KalynnCampbell, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Starting two programs from a single batch file is different than starting two programs in...

First Concrete example:

I run “Start Resident Evil 2” from a batch file I run “Start Resident Evil 2 Trainer” from another batch file

Everything works! Okie dokie...

So let’s simplify it a bit...

I run “Start Resident Evil 2” and “Start Resident Evil 2 Trainer” from the SAME batch file...

...nothing but a catastrophe. Nomatter which one I start first, whether I put a “timeout /t 30” between them or not, nomatter what the setting is, the trainer CRASHES.

Second example of a similar issue

I write a batch file for Kodi and HyperSpin. When one opens, the other closes and vice versa. Both work great, but when it comes time to use them within the programs, it fails.

If I open the batch file from Explorer that will “start Kodi” and “Close HyperSpin” it will open Kodi and close Hyperspin exactly as expected. However, when I have HyperSpin open the file as a menu item, it will only open Kodi, it will NOT close HyperSpin... tf...

Not looking for “tech support” as I know they’re written correctly already. I want to know what/how/why there is a difference between opening two programs with a single batch versus separately. What specific “Windows Feature” is at play here? Is there not a native way to open two programs with a single command without “interference”? Nor a way to close a program from that program triggering a batch file the same way as if you were to select it in explorer?

submitted by /u/KalynnCampbell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KalynnCampbell, Jul 31, 2022

2. Start a program from a batch file

I'm trying to create a batch file that should

- call another batch file
    - start a program and then wait for the program to close
    - call another batch file

My goal with this is to work around an issue in Windows 10 where the screensaver won't work when I have my game controllers connected. I already created two batch files where one of them enables my game controllers and the other one disables them. Both these batch files work just fine.

However I now want to create a third batch file that will do what listed above - first call the batch file that will enable my game controllers, then start my program which is an executable and then after I exited out of the program the batch file that will disable my game controllers should be called.

Here's what I've tried but this doesn't work, it will only run the first batch file enabling my game controllers.

Code:
    Code:
    "c:\util\Game controllers - Enable.cmd" start "P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe" "c:\util\Game controllers - Disable.cmd"
    Thanks in advance for any help.

WebMaximus, Jul 31, 2022
  3. boogerlad Win User
    Batch file programming

Hello everyone. I've got the following code.

Code: Loader.exe sumprogram.exe[/quote] but after that, I want to delete the files that it makes after exiting. Would this work?

Code: start /wait Loader.exe sumprogram.exe[/quote] Does anything after the first program (loader.exe) follow the switches of the first program or the start command?

boogerlad, Jul 31, 2022
  4. GXP10 Win User

Starting two programs from a single batch file is different than starting two programs in...

Batch file - Unable to start a program minimized

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and I can't. I've looked at tons of small tips online to get this working but it doesn't work at all. I have a batch file which causes various programs to start when opened. However, one of them always appears above the rest because it loads, some time after the others. I want it to start minimized so the other program will above above every time.

I have tried various ways including these;
    START /min steam.exe
    START /min "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe"

None of them work. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Starting two programs from a single batch file is different than starting two programs in... :)

GXP10, Jul 31, 2022
Thema:

Starting two programs from a single batch file is different than starting two programs in...

1. Starting two programs from a single batch file is different than starting two programs in... - Similar Threads - Starting programs single

2. start up programs - two are my name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start up programs - two are my name: What are these? I tried right click and see if i can go where its located, i can't click it. I can disable it so its not run when windows start but i want to know what are these. Probably wrong topic because not sure where this belongs....
  3. start up programs - two are my name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start up programs - two are my name: What are these? I tried right click and see if i can go where its located, i can't click it. I can disable it so its not run when windows start but i want to know what are these. Probably wrong topic because not sure where this belongs....
  4. Two sets of program files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two sets of program files: Hi, I have two sets of program files on C: I have all the normal stuff but on :D drive I have some of the same stuff that may be duplicated?Program FilesWindowsAppsWpSystemWUDownloadCacheAre all on my D: drive but I do not remember transferring those from C: to my D: drive my...
  5. Two sets of program files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two sets of program files: Hi, I have two sets of program files on C: I have all the normal stuff but on :D drive I have some of the same stuff that may be duplicated?Program FilesWindowsAppsWpSystemWUDownloadCacheAre all on my D: drive but I do not remember transferring those from C: to my D: drive my...
  6. Two Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Programs: When I was having trouble with my computer someone I spoke with download two programs and they are on my desktop. I have taken a small screenshot of them and maybe you can tell me what they are or what they are used for. Also, I downloaded the one on the right but did not...
  7. Start a program from a batch file

Start a program from a batch file: I'm trying to create a batch file that should - call another batch file - start a program and then wait for the program to close - call another batch file My goal with this is to work around an issue in Windows 10 where the screensaver won't work when I have my game...
  8. Start a program from a batch file

Start a program from a batch file: 4 Apps of mine run a batch file that -tries- to call/start and EXE program. These Batch files need to work with OS XP thru Win 10. Win 10 has a pop-up window asking user if its okay to run/execute my EXE. No other Win version does this and thus I suspect a timing problem....
  9. Batch file start program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file start program minimized: Here's a little script to make a backup of 2 directories: Code: ::can't copy Opera data while Opera is running taskkill /im opera.exe robocopy c:\all e:\Bobback\All /mir robocopy c:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming e:\Bobback\Roaming /mir ::restart Opera minimized start...
  10. Batch file - Unable to start a program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file - Unable to start a program minimized: I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and I can't. I've looked at tons of small tips online to get this working but it doesn't work at all. I have a batch file which causes various programs to start when opened. However, one of them always appears above the rest...