Windows 10: Starting up a new computer and I have entered wrong email and cannot get past the Verify...

Discus and support Starting up a new computer and I have entered wrong email and cannot get past the Verify... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just started setting up new computer and cannot get past the Verify your identity as I have entered the wrong email, It is now asking "I don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lickety#, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Lickety# Win User

Starting up a new computer and I have entered wrong email and cannot get past the Verify...

I have just started setting up new computer and cannot get past the Verify your identity as I have entered the wrong email, It is now asking "I don't have any of these" and tells me to go to a link on another device (which I have done) but you cannot update/change anything as it is "linked" back to the incorrect email address, I cannot Go backwards or forwards and when I turn it off and reboot it comes back to the exact same page, I cannot go to a desktop page as I have NO other options . Help please

:)

Lickety#, Jan 12, 2019
  2. ricci8357 Win User

entered incorrect email add. during setup new laptop

I just purchased a new laptop and while setting up a new Microsoft acc. I was given options of which email

address was available after chosing one I continued to perform setup of a laptop I just purchased while in setup I entered the incorrect email add. in Outlook16. Microsoft gives you a limited time to verify this email

with an email which was sent to my gmail account. Since I had the wrong outlook.com add I could not verify in the amount of time allowed. The laptop has Windows10 O/S. Iam not sure what steps to perform and in what order to do them in? Would a factory reset
    put me back to the get started prompt? how do I make sure that email on the Microsoft account is still availablel Iam new to this community and would greatly appreciate your help, Thank You, Nick

ricci8357, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Can't Verify my account & changing email

Hello Bojan,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

If you are not receiving the verification code, you can try to verify your account through the online account validation process.

Please go to (Reset your password)
    and follow the steps below:

• Enter your Microsoft account and type in the characters you'll see in the pictures and click on Next.
    • Click "I can’t use any of these options".
    • Enter a working email address where we can contact you and click on Next.
    • Fill-up the form and click “Submit”.

In this method, you will be asked to provide a contact email where a link will be sent after you validated your account. I suggest that you provide a working email for you to receive the password reset link.

Also, to answer to your second question, please be informed that you cannot change the Windows Live Id of your Microsoft Account. However, you can add an alias email address to it. Follow the below steps.

• Sign in to the
      Manage your account aliases
      page.
    • Select Add email alias .
    • Follow the instructions to create a new Outlook.com email, or add any address that isn’t already a Microsoft account.

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Zippy2222 Win User

Starting up a new computer and I have entered wrong email and cannot get past the Verify...

Copy,Paste won't work on 2 step verify for MS-hotmail Acct. login

I do the User name, Password, chose which 2nd step verification (phone text, or send code to one of two connected email accounts {yahoo/Gmail}) using either of the emails I used to be able to just copy from the code sent to the email and paste into the "enter code sent" box I'm trying to log into on the 2nd step process, but right clicking w/mouse does not offer "paste" option.
    Anyone please explain why?*sarc

Zippy2222, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Starting up a new computer and I have entered wrong email and cannot get past the Verify... - Similar Threads - Starting computer entered

2. I cannot verify me email account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot verify me email account.: The email I use for my Microsoft account got hacked over a year ago and it hasn't been an issue until now. Now Microsoft wants me to verify my account but I don't have access to that email. I have done the account recovery form SEVERAL times and I keep getting denied. I don't...
  3. wrong verify email only in minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong verify email only in minecraft: my verifaction email is wrong in minecraft only and this is happening while in michrosoft and it says it starts with ze*****@mailkv.com and idk that. plus it says wrong to my password everytime even when i change it...
  4. wrong verify email only in minecraft

wrong verify email only in minecraft: my verifaction email is wrong in minecraft only and this is happening while in michrosoft and it says it starts with ze*****@mailkv.com and idk that. plus it says wrong to my password everytime even when i change it...
  5. I have entered email incorrect in new laptop setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have entered email incorrect in new laptop setup: While setting it up my new laptop, I accidentally typed in the wrong email address. How can I correct this? My log in pin worked fine until I did a system update. I can't log into my laptop at all and they send the recovery code to an email address that doesn't exist. I can...
  6. I have entered email incorrect in new laptop setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have entered email incorrect in new laptop setup: While setting it up my new laptop, I accidentally typed in the wrong email address. How can I correct this? My log in pin worked fine until I did a system update. I can't log into my laptop at all and they send the recovery code to an email address that doesn't exist. I can...
  7. I have entered email incorrect in new laptop setup

8. cannot verify my email

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot verify my email: I tried couple of times veryfing my email. I typed the code that they gave me but everytime when I enter everything in result i get that my email wasnt veryfied. It says something like "This email address couldn't be verified because the wrong Microsoft account may have been...
  9. I entered the wrong email when setting up Microsoft Office program

I entered the wrong email when setting up Microsoft Office program: Hello, I mistakenly put it the wrong email when I was setting up Microsoft Office program onto my father's laptop. I used "@hotmail.com" instead of "@outlook.com" and I didn't realize my mistake until much later since I was still able to go along with the set up. I was...
  10. Wrong email entered when setting up pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong email entered when setting up pc: I bought a computer, and I restored it to factory settings. When I set up my account, I typed my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (forgot the o in com), and now I am locked out of my computer, because it asks for a password to a wrong email. How do I fix this?...