Windows 10: starting up a stand-alone .exe file during booting

Discus and support starting up a stand-alone .exe file during booting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a stand-alone .exe file, which I would like to start automatically during booting. Putting a shortcut in the W10 startup folder does not do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PiKo, Feb 1, 2016.

1. PiKo Win User

starting up a stand-alone .exe file during booting

I have a stand-alone .exe file, which I would like to start automatically during booting.
    Putting a shortcut in the W10 startup folder does not do the job.
    Does this only work for installed programs?

:)

PiKo, Feb 1, 2016

2. How to use standalone installer of .net 3.5 win 10

I want .net 3.5 installed on my computer and instead of enabling it in windows features (It starts to download it), I want to install it with the stand alone exe file I have to avoid my slow and moody network.

Moved from Insider

Ra&sheikh, Feb 1, 2016
  3. having isssues with un wanted pop-ups window 10

I have a satellite c55 user extenions\client exe: during start up c:\program files x86\ exe:

guitarpick33, Feb 1, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

You need to put a shortcut to the program if you want to do that - you can't just put the .exe there.

There are numerous other ways to do it though. Personally I'd add it to either

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    or
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Run and RunOnce Registry Keys (Windows)

lx07, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

1. starting up a stand-alone .exe file during booting - Similar Threads - starting stand alone

2. 22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade: How can I manually upgrade a Windows 10 machine from version 20H2 to 22H2 without connecting it to the internet? It's completely stand alone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-offline-stand-alone-upgrade/9fb5855f-e8b8-4108-998e-e2a9728827d9
  3. 22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade: How can I manually upgrade a Windows 10 machine from version 20H2 to 22H2 without connecting it to the internet? It's completely stand alone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-offline-stand-alone-upgrade/9fb5855f-e8b8-4108-998e-e2a9728827d9
  4. 22H2 offline stand-alone upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  6. Stand alone games not launching...

Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  7. win 11 stand alone OEM?

win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  8. win 11 stand alone OEM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  9. H.264 stand alone DVR

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    H.264 stand alone DVR: I cannot view my home security system (h.264) in microsoft edge i have set all my ports forwarding in my router and they are open and my router is not blocking those Any suggestions Charlie...
  10. Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.: Can I purchase a Microsoft Excel stand alone disk for my DELL Desk Top computer? And, if I can, where do I purchase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-excel-stand-alone-disk/097fac70-11ef-4894-af03-ff0d504a3595"