Windows 10: Starting up Windows 10; No login screen

Discus and support Starting up Windows 10; No login screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've just installed Windows 10 on my desktop. My husband's desktop which is not within range of the Wifi he doesn't use the internet came with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LydiaSavage, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Starting up Windows 10; No login screen

I've just installed Windows 10 on my desktop. My husband's desktop which is not within range of the Wifi he doesn't use the internet came with Windows 10 so no upgrades since 2 years or so ago. I also had W10 at work but I retired over a year ago. So it is strange to me to find on booting up or rebooting, W10 does not ask for a password. I have always used a password with W10 on each computer I have used with it installed. So now, I have tried the fixes suggested through help pages without success. Now, when I switch on after it loads I get a 5 second appearance of the login screen with picture and my name - I'm the only user which fades before I can enter anything. Then I get two cards one after another informing me that I haven't signed in to One Drive which I don't use much. If this is a new feature of W10. so be it, but how can I protect my data as I did before with my ever-changing password?

:)

LydiaSavage, Jan 25, 2021
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Starting up Windows 10; No login screen [​IMG]

zinou, Jan 25, 2021
  3. mora67 Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

mora67, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Starting up Windows 10; No login screen

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Starting up Windows 10; No login screen

1. Starting up Windows 10; No login screen - Similar Threads - Starting login screen

2. Windows 11 black start up login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black start up login screen: Why does windows 11 have a black startup login screen as opposed to windows 10 blue screen can this be changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-black-start-up-login-screen/8c397ccd-0e86-4256-a66e-cdf98833d731
  3. Windows 11 black start up login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 black start up login screen: Why does windows 11 have a black startup login screen as opposed to windows 10 blue screen can this be changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-black-start-up-login-screen/8c397ccd-0e86-4256-a66e-cdf98833d731
  4. Windows 10 start up login password problems.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 start up login password problems.: Can any please help me get back into my laptop? my hp laptop updated windows 10 a couple of nights ago and when i went to turn it on yesterday it would not accept my usual password, ive tried every password i have ever used and still cant get in. I keep ketting the password...
  5. Trouble at start-up login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble at start-up login screen: So for the past couple of days I’ve had issues with my computer stuck in a restart loop shortly after login (I would log in after a standard boot and then 2-5 minutes later it just shuts off and restarts itself). I took it upon myself to google and find out ways to fix this...
  6. Fast Start Up and then slow Login Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fast Start Up and then slow Login Screen: Hi. Im having a weird problem when my laptop boot Windows At first,when the O.S is loading it took 30-40 seconds to load the login screen and then takes nothing to load the Desktop when i logged.However,after installing Xilinx,for some reason,it takes like 2-3 seconds to...
  7. start up login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    start up login: i started my computer and i typed my pin for the account but its appears saying that '' you cant sign in with this account try a different account'' can someone please help me out with this?...
  8. SOLVED: Windows 10 start-up hanging @ desktop screen load after login

in Windows 10 Support
    SOLVED: Windows 10 start-up hanging @ desktop screen load after login: I'm trying to remotely troubleshoot a problem that an elderly family member is having with her laptop. After going through airport security on her current trip and the usual x-ray screening, she flew to her destination without incident. But when she arrived at her destination...
  9. Windows 10 hanging, showing black screen after login on Start-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hanging, showing black screen after login on Start-up: Hi, Please can anyone help, not long purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition pre-installed. Going well until recently has started to hang, on the e-mail log-in and password page - got another Outlook user to try too; basically the same. I, get the black...
  10. Windows 10 Start up screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start up screen: Good evening. My pal needs assistance.He has just upgraded his windows 7 home premium to windows 10 by using the dvd iso that he downloaded all went well. Now his question is when the pc starts up and the welcome screen comes up he has chosen a picture but underneath the...