Windows 10: Starting Win 10 in Safe Mode

Discus and support Starting Win 10 in Safe Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to start mt Win 10 PC in safe mode through the recovery menu, I get a screen that asks for my recovery code. I don't know my recovery code,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Neil13764, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Neil13764 Win User

Starting Win 10 in Safe Mode

When I try to start mt Win 10 PC in safe mode through the recovery menu, I get a screen that asks for my recovery code. I don't know my recovery code, so how do I get it. I do not sign in with a Microsoft account for my PC use just local sign in.

Thanks for your help

:)

Neil13764, Apr 30, 2020
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Apr 30, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Starting Win 10 in Safe Mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Starting Win 10 in Safe Mode

1. Starting Win 10 in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Starting Safe Mode

2. Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode: Is there a recommended way to start Windows 10 in Safe mode? I must've read half a dozen different procedures described in various places but it always seems to boot up normally. Mostly they involved holding down a key while booting - or while pressing the computer's power...
  3. Win 10 safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 safe mode: Hello, suddenly my laptop black screen, 1. Try to login repairing system, but keep on saying wrong PW , I reset my hotmail PW -> wrong, and unable reset login PW. 2. Try start at safe mode, but pop message The system detected an overrun of stuck-based buffer in this...
  4. Win 10 Only Starts In Safe Mode & Doesnt Wake

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Only Starts In Safe Mode & Doesnt Wake: This problem started a bit ago. I went to wake my PC from sleep mode and, despite the fan blowing, my screen remained black. Futhermore, it now only starts in safe mode. Ive done a clean boot and ran automatic repair, but nothing's changed. Anyone have any ideas?...
  5. Starting in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Starting in Safe Mode: When I attempt to restart my computer via >Settings>Update & Security>Advance Options>Recovery-Restart now when I get to the sign-in screen it does not accept the pin I use when I sign in normally. I even tried my Microsoft password and that did not work. How do I sign in...
  6. win 10, safe mode issue with display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10, safe mode issue with display: HI, I am really hoping someone can help, I tried to set up 2nd monitor at home on my win 10 PC, I tried a different display setting and got the blue screen issue saying "input no supported" and wasnt able to do anything. I looked up on line and saw some articles about...
  7. Stuck in Safe Mode - Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode - Win 10: So, yesterday I tried to update my driver for the graphic card (AMD). It asked me to reboot in Safe Mode, and I did... Now I'm stuck in the limbo of Safe Mode. The windows don't accept my password (either the one I use for the windows or my microsoft account, I use a hotmail...
  8. Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode: Symptom: Pressing F8 repeatedly while Windows is starting no longer works. Workaround: To workaround this problem: 1. Click Start->Power, and then click Restart while holding down SHIFT. 2. Click Troubleshoot->Advanced options->Start-up Settings->Restart. 3. Press...
  9. safe mode issue with win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    safe mode issue with win 10: start up a computer with a safe mode win and can not back to the regular desk top mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-issue-with-win-10/7d49da3c-fc39-4066-bfc3-17e71da9d523
  10. Boot into safe mode in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot into safe mode in Win 10?: Is there a way to boot into Win 10 in a safe mode? The reason I ask is I am having trouble in normal mode trying to get rid of my win.old file. It will let me delete some of it but not all. So maybe in safe mode I can delete it all or am I missing something here? TIA...