Windows 10: Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

Discus and support Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a recommended way to start Windows 10 in Safe mode? I must've read half a dozen different procedures described in various places but it always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by johne53, May 6, 2021.

1. johne53 Win User

Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

Is there a recommended way to start Windows 10 in Safe mode? I must've read half a dozen different procedures described in various places but it always seems to boot up normally. Mostly they involved holding down a key while booting - or while pressing the computer's power button - or while selecting Restart but nothing ever seems to work for me.

:)

johne53, May 6, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, May 6, 2021
  3. Failed to start in Safe Mode with Networking

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the step in the below link and check if that helps.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

After following the steps in the above link, next is to Choose the option "Safe Mode with Networking" from the listed option.

Post back if you need further assistance, We will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, May 6, 2021
  4. Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

1. Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Starting Safe Mode

2. Window's will not start, not even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window's will not start, not even in safe mode.: So I have a self built PC that has window's 10 on it, so this may make things a little tough, I've had it for years with no issues though, so it makes me think it has to be an issue with a recent update. I did check to make sure everything in my computer is connected so that...
  3. Windows 10 ver 18363.1016 not starting in normal mode but starts in safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 ver 18363.1016 not starting in normal mode but starts in safe mode.: 1. used sfc \scannow - it fixed certain errors but still system does not boot in normal mode. 2. does not boot in diagnostic or selective mode as well can any one help me out of this situation:...
  4. Windows 10 Only Starts in Safe Mode

Windows 10 Only Starts in Safe Mode: After an update, Windows 10 does not run. It begins to start up Windows logo appears, but after about 10 seconds the screen goes completely black. Windows Recovery Environment does run and Windows Safe Mode also runs. I would appreciate any help to fix this issue....
  5. Starting in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Starting in Safe Mode: When I attempt to restart my computer via >Settings>Update & Security>Advance Options>Recovery-Restart now when I get to the sign-in screen it does not accept the pin I use when I sign in normally. I even tried my Microsoft password and that did not work. How do I sign in...
  6. Starting Windows 10 Home in Safe Mode

Starting Windows 10 Home in Safe Mode: 1. I've followed the steps given in https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode but can get no further than the penultimate 'Startup Settings / Restart to change Windows options such as ... Enable Safe Mode'. Clicking on 'Restart'...
  7. Windows 10 will not start and neither will safe mode

Windows 10 will not start and neither will safe mode: PC worked fine yesterday, but later in same day, Windows 10 would not load I don't recall restarting it. Stop code was "KMODE exception not handled". I get to repair options, but nothing in trouble short works have not tried to reset my PC. Under Advanced Options, I can...
  8. Starting Win 10 in Safe Mode

Starting Win 10 in Safe Mode: When I try to start mt Win 10 PC in safe mode through the recovery menu, I get a screen that asks for my recovery code. I don't know my recovery code, so how do I get it. I do not sign in with a Microsoft account for my PC use just local sign in. Thanks for your help...
  9. Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode: Symptom: Pressing F8 repeatedly while Windows is starting no longer works. Workaround: To workaround this problem: 1. Click Start->Power, and then click Restart while holding down SHIFT. 2. Click Troubleshoot->Advanced options->Start-up Settings->Restart. 3. Press...
  10. Won't start in safe mode on windows 10

Won't start in safe mode on windows 10: Computer won't accept password. Gone through the procedure for starting in safe mode but after getting to pressing F5, nothing happens, back to same problem not accepting password, anybody got a solution?...