Windows 10: Starting windows 10 laptop after windows 7 upgrade

Discus and support Starting windows 10 laptop after windows 7 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Having just upgraded my windows 7 dell laptop to windows 10 using the media creation tool on the microsoft website, I'm finding that when I press the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PhillipBooty, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Starting windows 10 laptop after windows 7 upgrade

Having just upgraded my windows 7 dell laptop to windows 10 using the media creation tool on the microsoft website, I'm finding that when I press the power button to start the laptop, it gets to where the windows 10 logo appears on the screen, then the screen goes grey and it just seems to freeze at that point.

If I press and hold the power button again the laptop goes off. I wait a few seconds and then power the laptop on again, it starts normally with no problems.

If anybody has any idea what would be causing this and how to overcome it, it would be much appreciated.

Phil

:)

PhillipBooty, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 14, 2020
  3. 64K
    64K Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

4. btarunr Win User

Starting windows 10 laptop after windows 7 upgrade

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

In what could be a fundamental shift in how Microsoft monetizes its flagship product, the Windows operating system, the company decided to offer its upcoming Windows 10 as a free upgrade for existing users of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. This offer will be applicable only for the first year following Windows 10 launch (after which, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users will have to pay to upgrade to Windows 10). Windows 10 will see the return of the Start Menu, a productive Desktop environment, and cutting-edge new API features such as DirectX 12.

Starting windows 10 laptop after windows 7 upgrade 116a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Starting windows 10 laptop after windows 7 upgrade

1. Starting windows 10 laptop after windows 7 upgrade - Similar Threads - Starting laptop upgrade

2. Pc is slower after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc is slower after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10: Recently, I decided to upgrade my father's Pc from windows 7 to windows 10. At first, pc ran smoothly, startup was normal and as well as opening apps. A few days later, pc became a lot slower than before, start up almost took about 10 mins. I tried different methods such as...
  3. Windows 10 Keeps Windows 7 Sounds after Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keeps Windows 7 Sounds after Upgrade: After I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 today, it kept the Windows 7 sounds. How to change to Windows 10 sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-windows-7-sounds-after-upgrade/ceef2b0f-5825-49c8-aea3-c2bcc7e00d2e
  4. Want to upgrade Laptop running Windows 7 to Windows 10

Want to upgrade Laptop running Windows 7 to Windows 10: Split from this thread. I believe you are referring to upgrade meaning migrate your data and install Windows 10. Offer for free upgrade already ended and you will need to purchase Windows 10 license and do upgrade. However, if you already upgraded to Windows 10 during...
  5. no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7: Can someone please help me find out how to get my ethernet back> My computer also has wifi so I'm not completely disabled but after windows 7 to 10 upgrade I completely lost my ethernet connection and don't know how to get it back. thanks...
  6. I upgraded windows 7 laptop to windows 10 but it is not working.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded windows 7 laptop to windows 10 but it is not working.: I upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 home 3 times but i face same problem. I purchased dell laptop in 2012 with i5 processor, 4gb RAM with 500 gb hard disk. When i upgraded a window 7 laptop to windows 10 home online microsoft tool, it starts work for maximum 1 min and then...
  7. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  8. PC started up to this after upgrade from windows 7 pro

PC started up to this after upgrade from windows 7 pro: I don't know why this is happening [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-started-up-to-this-after-upgrade-from-windows-7/a0f4044f-1698-42f8-bf6c-cd5d4be305e0
  9. Windows 7 key after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 key after upgrade: HI, searching around with no luck. If I upgrade to 10 with my legal copy of win 7 can I then turn around and install my copy of win 7 on my second pc legally. 41557
  10. Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7: I have strange issue only with 1 laptop, upgraded the windows from 7 to 10 pro, when it boot after few min it restarts , If I turn the network connection, reboot system before it restart itself, after next reboot after login turn the network enable . system work fine as...