Windows 10: Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer recognized

Discus and support Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer recognized in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Starting with Windows 10-2004 the PFA memory list, as described for example here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vladimir_PV, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer recognized

Starting with Windows 10-2004 the PFA memory list, as described for example here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/whea/how-to-manage-the-pfa-memory-list , is no longer recognized.

How to test:
    1 Start „regedit.exe“, and export „ Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\RESOURCEMAP\System Resources” as _text_ to a file A.
    2 Choose a memory address to test the functionality. For example 32MB =0x2000000 page number = 0x2000000 / 0x1000 {page size} = 0x2000.
    3 Now open file A and ensure the chosen address 0x2000000 is part of a descriptor below “Physical Memory”, but neither part of “Loader Reserved” nor “Reserved”. Typically 0x2000000 should be fine.
    4 Open an administrator command prompt and execute these commands to add the memory at 0x2000000 to the bad memory list by adding its page number 0x2000:
    “bcdedit /set {badmemory} badmemorylist 0x2000”
    To ensure Windows does not ignore the list this setting is also required:
    “bcdedit /set {badmemory} badmemoryaccess no”
    To be sure there is no override in the current settings also call:
    “bcdedit /set {current} badmemorylist 0x2000”
    “bcdedit /set {current} badmemoryaccess no”
    The settings can be verified calling:
    “bcdedit /enum {badmemory}”
    “bcdedit /enum {current}”
    5 Reboot the PC
    6 Again start „regedit.exe“, and export „ Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\RESOURCEMAP\System Resources” as text to another file B.
    7 Compare file A and B.

Before Windows 10-2004 files A and B were different, because in file B the faulty page was excluded from usable memory, as you can see in the attached files.

Using Windows 10-2004 the only differences are the timestamps.

We also succeeded in reserving a memory range containing such a bad memory entry by calling “MmAllocateContiguousMemorySpecifyCache” https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/ddi/wdm/nf-wdm-mmallocatecontiguousmemoryspecifycache.

:)

Vladimir_PV, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Nofsdad Win User

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the registry and nothing works. This is one of several problems I've had with device drivers since the upgrade.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    AMD FX-4130 3.80Ghz
    8Gb Installed memory

Nofsdad, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer recognized

DRDNA, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer recognized

1. Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer recognized - Similar Threads - Starting 2004 PFA

2. How to add to Predictive Failure Analysis PFA Memory List via Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add to Predictive Failure Analysis PFA Memory List via Registry: Hi I trying to blacklist some areas of RAM soldered onto MB, replacement not an option. I tried to use this command based on the output I got from Memtest86. bcdedit /set {badmemory} badmemorylist 0x382E3C 0x396DE5 0x43D2BA 0x24B03E 0x35634E 0x3D38F5 0x418B0F 0x48E2FF...
  3. How to add to Predictive Failure Analysis PFA Memory List via Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add to Predictive Failure Analysis PFA Memory List via Registry: Hi I trying to blacklist some areas of RAM soldered onto MB, replacement not an option. I tried to use this command based on the output I got from Memtest86. bcdedit /set {badmemory} badmemorylist 0x382E3C 0x396DE5 0x43D2BA 0x24B03E 0x35634E 0x3D38F5 0x418B0F 0x48E2FF...
  4. Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer recognized: Same question as here:Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer - Microsoft CommunityWhy was an unresolved bug report closed without comment from MS..?Only reason I can think of is a large sum of money was accepted from the DRAM manufacturers' Assoc..??...
  5. Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer recognized

Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer recognized: Same question as here:Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer - Microsoft CommunityWhy was an unresolved bug report closed without comment from MS..?Only reason I can think of is a large sum of money was accepted from the DRAM manufacturers' Assoc..??...
  6. Starting with Windows 10 2004 the PFA memory list is no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Camera is no longer recognized by Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera is no longer recognized by Windows 10?: Hi, guys. My camera's always been recognized. Not anymore. The sound is still coming, but it also says that a device is connected via usb. But now I can not find the camera anymore. Otherwise it always worked. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot!...
  8. Windows 10 2004, SHA-256 list

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 2004, SHA-256 list: Downloaded the Windows 10 2004.iso but would like to check the SHA256 with a Microsoft published list. Does anyone know where I can find it? At this point I don't know the build number. Haven't installed yet on an USB, and my desktop didn't qualify for an update yet in the...
  9. Task Manager no longer auto starting in 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager no longer auto starting in 2004: Like the subject says. In previous versions of windows 10 the task manager performance tab would automatically start when windows starts. But that's not happening anymore since I upgraded to 2004. Any ideas? submitted by /u/micstatic80 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list

Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list: I just recently had an update which resulted in my start screen no longer display my apps in an alphabetical list. I do I recover that format ? Version 1809 of Windows 10 Build 17763.195 Thank you in advance, June...