Windows 10: Startmenu dissappear and reappear every time do some window switching actions

Discus and support Startmenu dissappear and reappear every time do some window switching actions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft community, as the title says. My Windows Taskbar is dissappearing and reappearing again. Also the "explorer.exe explorer" file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Crazygamer0872, May 22, 2020.

1. Startmenu dissappear and reappear every time do some window switching actions

Hello Microsoft community,

as the title says. My Windows Taskbar is dissappearing and reappearing again.

Also the "explorer.exe explorer" file browser takes a long time to start.

After long use of my machine - it happens even stronger till i can't use my pc anymore.

I checked literally everything till to the registry entries and the explorer.exe but didn't find anything.

This behaviour doesnt happen on another useraccount i created within the computermanagement.

Here i uploaded a video about it

https://youtu.be/rQNYOKO_lHo

Please dont come up with - create a new User Account then -. It isn't that simple because my users account folders and paths are splitted on my other drives.

Is there anything else i can check or do?

Some informations about my setup and stuff:

i7 9th Gen.

16GB RAM

rtx 2070 super

pcie m.2 ssd ~ +- 2000mb/s read/write

4tb HDD WD Blue

AsrockZ390 Extreme4

Some of my softwares:

Avast Antivirus - Firewall - Cleaner and driver Updater

FLStudio 20

Chrome - Firefox - New Edge

Discord

Spotify

Postman

XAMPP

Eclipse 2020

VSCode

Atom Editor

Sublime Text 3

RIOT.im

putty

git

tortoise

intellij IDEA

Internet Download Manager

Utorrent

FileZilla

Epic Games and Steam Launchers and some games ~ 25 Games

Fences 3 from Stardock

Wallpaper Engine Steam

Process explorer

Sharex

ADB and Android SDK stuff

core temp

OBS Studio

HxD

Logitech drivers and GHub for My mouse and keyboard from logitech

WinSCP

Teamviewer

Some software from ASRock

FireAlpaca

Using Hyper-V with one VM

All drivers up to date including:

BIOS, Software, Chipset, GPU.

Windows 10 Pro 1909

:)

Crazygamer0872, May 22, 2020

2. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, May 22, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 22, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

Startmenu dissappear and reappear every time do some window switching actions

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Startmenu dissappear and reappear every time do some window switching actions

1. Startmenu dissappear and reappear every time do some window switching actions - Similar Threads - Startmenu dissappear reappear

2. Copilot dissappearing after opening but reappears on the taskbar when restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot dissappearing after opening but reappears on the taskbar when restarted: Hi! I'd like to know what seems to be the problem with Copilot. I had no problem whatsoever with Copilot but I think its getting bugged. Whenever I open my Laptop Windows 11, copilot just dissappear on my taskbar. I tried solutions like turning it on in the personalisation...
  3. Copilot dissappearing after opening but reappears on the taskbar when restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copilot dissappearing after opening but reappears on the taskbar when restarted: Hi! I'd like to know what seems to be the problem with Copilot. I had no problem whatsoever with Copilot but I think its getting bugged. Whenever I open my Laptop Windows 11, copilot just dissappear on my taskbar. I tried solutions like turning it on in the personalisation...
  4. windows keeps on flashing and keeps dissappearing and reappearing in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps on flashing and keeps dissappearing and reappearing in the taskbar: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/150909451270881280/1147963739933511761/VID_20230903_140246.mp4this is the video that shows that problem...
  5. windows keeps on flashing and keeps dissappearing and reappearing in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps on flashing and keeps dissappearing and reappearing in the taskbar: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/150909451270881280/1147963739933511761/VID_20230903_140246.mp4this is the video that shows that problem...
  6. Some actions slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some actions slow: Dell XPS 8700, Win. 10. Computer was always fast enough, now when exiting programs, it takes up to 2 seconds from the time I click the mouse until it shuts off. Have PCMatic antivirus, did scan, all okay. Checked internet speed, 293 Download, 701 Up. Have Logitech M215...
  7. Action Center - To disappear notification after some time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center - To disappear notification after some time: Is there an option by each app to disappear the notification in the action center in windows 10 from bottom right side.Example, now with teams update we can make the notification setting to window, after we saw the message in teams, still that notification is there in action...
  8. Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion: I found a local user account called "John" in my notebook one day. I instantly deleted it. Later, it reappeared and I deleted again. Repeated several times, no malware was found by virus scan, but its reappearing was creepy. How to solve this? Virus scan I took: ESET...
  9. StartMenu some of the icons are not appearing, but in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    StartMenu some of the icons are not appearing, but in...: Hello Folks, Some of icons from Start Menu are not appearing, But it shows in %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\programs. Don't knw what's wrong with Windows 1909 version. submitted by /u/dick58 [link] [comments]...
  10. A file that reappears and increases in size every time I delete it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A file that reappears and increases in size every time I delete it: Hello there, I have an issue that is killing my C drive's space; a one file that takes up almost 100 Gbs. Not only this, but also it reappears and doubles in size every time I delete it. I tried to scan it multiple times using windows security center, yet there is the no...