Windows 10: Startmenu does not accept input

Discus and support Startmenu does not accept input in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason this function is gone. Normally when you open up the startmenu and begin to type you get results. Like typing "Net" and it would show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [HTG]BlackGuard, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Startmenu does not accept input

For some reason this function is gone.

Normally when you open up the startmenu and begin to type you get results.

Like typing "Net" and it would show the Netflix app.

But nothing is happening atm.

:)

[HTG]BlackGuard, Mar 9, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Startmenu does not accept input

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Startmenu does not accept input

1. Startmenu does not accept input - Similar Threads - Startmenu does accept

2. Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...: I was in a Discord call when suddenly, nothing would accept audio input from either of my 2 headsets or my webcam that has a microphone.This is the 2nd time I have faced this issue and I assumed that my original headset was just broken.But now the same issue has happened to...
  3. Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...: I was in a Discord call when suddenly, nothing would accept audio input from either of my 2 headsets or my webcam that has a microphone.This is the 2nd time I have faced this issue and I assumed that my original headset was just broken.But now the same issue has happened to...
  4. No entries in the startmenu

No entries in the startmenu: Hello!After installing programs, they don't appear in the startmenu. However, they are installed and I can add them manually to the desktop.Is there a way to re-create all startmenu entries?I even reinstalled Windows 11, but the issue persists.Thank you!...
  5. Keyboard input lagging/not being accepted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input lagging/not being accepted: Hi,I have MSI GE72 6QD with the latest Windows 10with all updates installed:Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎17/‎5/‎2021 OS build 19043.1110 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 I have a Hama wireless keyboard that uses Microsoft's...
  6. Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input

in Cortana
    Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input: Search bar anywhere in Windows 10 File Explorer, any search inside Settings does not accept input from Keyboard. I have all possible solutions posted on the Internet, including answers posted on this Forum. This has been happening since last two weeks, after the recent OS...
  7. Intermittent black screen with no inputs accepted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent black screen with no inputs accepted: Lately I have been getting intermittent black screens and rejected mouse/keyboard inputs with the system recovering after about 30 seconds UNLESS I am playing certain games - in which case the system remains unresponsive and requires rebooting. Although I am not sure, I...
  8. Startmenu not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startmenu not opening: Ever since Windows 10 came out I've had the issue of my startmenu not opening. I've been through 4 PC's since it was released and all have had this issue. Why can't they just have such an important part of the OS working? This issue comes and goes, sometimes a reboot will...
  9. HP laptop not accepting audio input.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP laptop not accepting audio input.: For some reason my HP laptop doesn't allow any audio input, using the built-in mic doesn't work and if I connect headphones the mic doesn't work. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers and that did not fix the problem, I also have my mic enabled in the privacy settings so I...
  10. Windows calculator does not accept it's own copied text as input

Windows calculator does not accept it's own copied text as input: I often copy+paste number into notepad as temporary storage while using calculator, but it doesn't seem to work well in W10 calculator. For instance, I got the number 8.1760941055209529296365797509343e-6 as a result of some calculations. Attempting to paste that back in...