Windows 10: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe affect performance

Discus and support StartMenuExperienceHost.exe affect performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My operating system version is WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1909 / 18363.900 StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is eating up almost all of my Memory/Ram! If anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bgva, Jul 9, 2020.

1. bgva Win User

StartMenuExperienceHost.exe affect performance

My operating system version is WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1909 / 18363.900

StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is eating up almost all of my Memory/Ram!

If anyone comes up with a solution to this problem, please let me know!!!

Thanks

:)

bgva, Jul 9, 2020

2. What is StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

Hello,

AFAIK, StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is separate process for Start Menu and is an integral part of Windows 10. In earlier versions of Windows 10, Start Menu used Windows Shell Experience Host (ShellExperienceHost.exe). However, to improve
    the performance of Start Menu, StartMenuExperienceHost.exe was introduced.

Hope this answers your query!

Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 9, 2020
  3. What is StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

Having problems with startup taken a very long time lately. When did the change to StartMenuExperienceHost.exe occur
    ?

Also a shortcut to task manager in my startup folded no loner works, did in the past.

What update do would I go back to to see if this is the problem?

Thanks

WilliamRedDog, Jul 9, 2020
  4. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe affect performance

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

StartMenuExperienceHost.exe affect performance

1. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe affect performance - Similar Threads - StartMenuExperienceHost exe affect

2. Windows update 21H1 is affecting gaming performance.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 21H1 is affecting gaming performance.: I've spent thousands of dollars for a new computer & hardware, only for 2 years of performance. What is the point of spending all this money for a high-end computer, if it only lasts until a windows 10 update or graphics driver screws up the performance? The 21h1 update has...
  3. Sticky Notes affecting laptop performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes affecting laptop performance: Hello, yesterday I decided to uninstall Sticky Notes because my laptop had grounded to a halt, and the screen even went black a couple of times for over a minute.I ran into a similar issue with Sticky Notes a couple of years ago, but I decided to give it a try after reading...
  4. How Much Does Virtualization Affect Performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Much Does Virtualization Affect Performance: Good day to all of you, please pardon me if I have done something wrong such as setting an incorrect flair, it is my first time posting on this sub. So, I am currently making plans on making a PC next year, and really wanna run ArchLinux on it, as I've never ran Linux before,...
  5. StartMenuExperienceHost issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    StartMenuExperienceHost issue: Hi, I'm trying to detach the screen of my surface book 2 but, when I try it, windows show me an alert, and doesn't let me detach the screen. The alert message tells me that I have to close some applications. I have close almost all, but there is one that I'm not able to...
  6. "STARTMENUEXPERIENCEHOST" in Activity History. Legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "STARTMENUEXPERIENCEHOST" in Activity History. Legit?: [ATTACH] I found this under the Microsoft site's "activity history," tab, and appears to have been running almost every time I've turned my PC on for at least two months. Why is it unknown? Is this a legitimate Windows 10 process, or some kind of keylogger or rootkit...
  7. Google Updater affects Laptop performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Updater affects Laptop performance: It appears that Google Updating service is affecting the performance of my lsptop. I have removed Google Chrome but the Google Updating Service is still showing in msconfig. When i disable the two entries the Laptop works perfectly. Please advise how they can be removed....
  8. StartMenuExperienceHost

in Windows 10 Customization
    StartMenuExperienceHost: Why is startmenuexperiencehost.exe is runnig in the GPU and not in the CPU? And how do i change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startmenuexperiencehost/f90b1e5f-7f75-4f43-a9b4-ffd5b9eba920
  9. StartMenuExperienceHost error

in Windows 10 Support
    StartMenuExperienceHost error: Hi. I originally posted symptoms of "Tile database corrupt" as an issue with my Profile but have since examined the Event Log and Procmon outputs which seems to narrow down my current application error problem. (Winver is Windows 10 Home 1902 (Build 18362.116)) Faulting...
  10. Lag spikes / glitches affecting performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag spikes / glitches affecting performance: I've been having a problem for the last week or so, basically I keep getting lag spikes / glitches that affect the performance of my machine. This manifests itself in the most obvious way as what can best be described as occasional "gzzzfchzz" sounds (much like a BSoD sound...