Windows 10: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe causing GPU Usage Spike

Discus and support StartMenuExperienceHost.exe causing GPU Usage Spike in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay so as the title says I have a problem. It would be a completely unnoticeable issue had I not been a gamer. The problem is my GPU is getting a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SangrinnLeeroy-Jenkins, Jan 27, 2020.

1. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe causing GPU Usage Spike

Okay so as the title says I have a problem. It would be a completely unnoticeable issue had I not been a gamer. The problem is my GPU is getting a usage spike and through Process Explorer I have tracked the spike down to StartMenuExperienceHost.exe. When my GPU spikes this is the program that popus up for GPU usage.

The spike is tiny and lasts about a second in length. It takes my framerate of 75 and drops it to 35-40 then it bounces back to normal.

I've spent the past week trying to fix the issue. I've messed with my grapics card settings, Windows settings, in game settings, I've tried under and overclocking my GPU. I've tried everything. Nothing has helped the issue. I even thought I'd have to RMA my card but I don't think it's the card having the issue. I'm fairly certain that if I could kill the start menu until I open it up again that the problem would be solved.

My rig:

Asrock Phantom Gaming X RX 570 8gb

G.Skill Trident RGB 16GB DDR4 3600

MSI B450 Gaming Plus Motherboard

Corsair CX550 PSU

Patroit Scorch M.2 128gb SSD

Seagate Barracuda 2tb 7200 rpm HDD

:)

SangrinnLeeroy-Jenkins, Jan 27, 2020

2. Lag Spikes caused by CPU usage drops and GPU usage spikes after Windows 10 April update

Since the April 10th update for Windows 10, my laptop has been suffering from lag spikes that occur during simple tasks such as browsing the internet.

When looking at the task manager during these spikes, I can see that the CPU usage drops to around 10% while the GPU usage increases to close to 100%. I looked at what programs were using large portions of the GPU which turned out to be the 'Desktop window
    manager' and the 'Client server runtime process'.

I've seen that other people have had a similar problem with the recent update, but not much in the way of solutions as of yet. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Jason

JasonWilcock, Jan 27, 2020
  3. GPU spikes and high energy usage

Hi,

so, it's been about 2-3 mounths that my pc started to register some high energy usage (like in the image below) and very frequent GPU spiking, causing

software choking and one of them immediatly crashes (Blender 2.80). Spiking occurs when doing something minimally demandind.

My PC is new, it is less than 1 year old, it has already been dusted and it's configs are:

i7 8700 3.2 GHz, 24 GB RAM, B360 TUF Gaming, GPU Geforce GTX1080, 700W power supply (which supplies cpu, 25'' 60Hz IPS monitor, small tablet, mouse and keyboard).

I don't think i have install any important driver that would bug so much my pc. The energy usage register varies a lot! But normally goes 'high' and 'very high' mainly for Photoshop, Goggle Chrome and any 'bigger' software I'm using.

What could be that?

StartMenuExperienceHost.exe causing GPU Usage Spike 279a5957-8a81-4036-9adb-29de529f0aaf?upload=true.png

GuilhermeFinardi, Jan 27, 2020
  4. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe causing GPU Usage Spike

TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

I have done those, but I still have freezes and crashes. Doing the SFC /scannow resulted in a freeze in my computer. I believe the high CPU usage may be causing crashes. Would it not be possible for TiWorker to trigger a crash because of the massive spike
    in CPU usage caused by it? These crashes and freezes have only occurred in the last few days, and it seems weird to only crash while TiWorker spikes in CPU usage

LoganBatson, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

StartMenuExperienceHost.exe causing GPU Usage Spike

1. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe causing GPU Usage Spike - Similar Threads - StartMenuExperienceHost exe causing

2. GPU usage spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU usage spikes: So what happens is that I get heavy GPU usage spikes every time I launch any sort of game. I noticed that GPU usage spikes start only after 5 minutes of gameplay, as well as that stuttering happens when GPU usage reaches higher %...
  3. GPU usage spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU usage spikes: So what happens is that I get heavy GPU usage spikes every time I launch any sort of game. I noticed that GPU usage spikes start only after 5 minutes of gameplay, as well as that stuttering happens when GPU usage reaches higher %...
  4. ssd usage spiking causing freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd usage spiking causing freeze: my ssd usage keeps spiking to 100 percent quite randomly and it causes the screen to freeze. it happens every 10 to 15 seconds as long as im doing an activity or moving around my cursor etc. i have reinstalled windows , my disc health is at 100 percent, i have done a clean...
  5. ssd usage spiking causing freeze

ssd usage spiking causing freeze: my ssd usage keeps spiking to 100 percent quite randomly and it causes the screen to freeze. it happens every 10 to 15 seconds as long as im doing an activity or moving around my cursor etc. i have reinstalled windows , my disc health is at 100 percent, i have done a clean...
  6. 100% GPU Usage Spikes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% GPU Usage Spikes on Windows 10: Hi there,around a week ago I decided to reinstall windows on my laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55, NVIDIA 1660ti GPU. I reinstalled all my drivers from the website of my manufacturer and all was well. I started noticing large lag spikes that lasted around 0.5 of a second to 1.5...
  7. Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike: Recently after performing a windows update on my laptop "Custom" Origin PC the DWM GPU usage spiked to near 100% all the time. Did some research and checked for malware and those other things but nothing worked. I then accidentally unplugged my second monitor ACER SB220Q and...
  8. Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike

Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike: Recently after performing a windows update on my laptop "Custom" Origin PC the DWM GPU usage spiked to near 100% all the time. Did some research and checked for malware and those other things but nothing worked. I then accidentally unplugged my second monitor ACER SB220Q and...
  9. Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. GPU spikes and high energy usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU spikes and high energy usage: Hi, so, it's been about 2-3 mounths that my pc started to register some high energy usage (like in the image below) and very frequent GPU spiking, causing software choking and one of them immediatly crashes (Blender 2.80). Spiking occurs when doing something minimally...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. startmenuexperiencehost.exe using gpu

2. startmenuexperiencehost.exe start

3. turn off startmenuexperiencehost

4. startmenuexperiencehost.exe start using GPU,
  5. startmenuexperiencehost using gpu,
  6. startmenuexperiencehost.exe running on gpu,
  7. start menu experience using gpu?,
  8. gpu spike issue windows 10,
  9. startmenuexperiencehost.exe on gpu,
  10. startmenuexperiencehost.exe crash,
  11. gpu usage high on when i click start button,