Windows 10: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe used to go to Suspended in Windows 10 1809 but is now always...

Discus and support StartMenuExperienceHost.exe used to go to Suspended in Windows 10 1809 but is now always... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It used to be like this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, Mar 18, 2020.

1. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe used to go to Suspended in Windows 10 1809 but is now always...

It used to be like this https://www.windowscentral.com/site...019/05/windows-10-startmenuexperiencehost.jpg where StartMenuExperienceHost.exe will go to Suspended status mode.

But since 1903 this has always started running in the background chewing 15-20 MB RAM. It may not seem like a lot but it used to only activate itself only when clicking the Start button and then go back to 0 K.

I have not updated my Windows 10 yet to 1909 or any other latest updates as I use blocker tool for windows update. Has there been a fix to this process so it goes to Suspended mode? And if not is there a way to configure the setting to make it go to Suspended like SearchUI.exe ?

Many thanks.

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, Mar 18, 2020

2. not able to use MediaCreationTool1809.exe on my Windows 10 1809

hi,

i have Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763.55) installed on my Desctop-PC. it was installed with the Windows version published by Microsoft officially.

of that version i used MediaCreationTool1809.exe to do a fresh installation.

but by accident i deleted the created Windows 10 1809 boot/installation media.

by trying the MediaCreationTool1809.exe again to recreate a windows 10 1809 boot/installation media i run into a problem.

MediaCreationTool1809.exe says that there is a newer version of MediaCreationTool and guides me to the webpage of the MediaCreationTool.

but on the webpage only the MediaCreationTool1803 is available at the moment.

when i try to use MediaCreationTool1803.exe on my Windows 10 1809 PC i get an error, because the MediaCreationTool1803 does not match with Windows 10 1809.

how can i create a Windows 10 1809 Boot/installation media?

i know Microsoft rejected the Windows 10 1809 version because of dataloss issues in some upgrade scenatios, but now i don't have any possibility to boot windows from an DVD or USB stick, because i can't create a boot media for my installed Windows
    10 1809.

how can i create a boot media (iso or USB) for my Windows 10 1809 ?

i have:

Windows 10 Pro x64 1809 (10.0.17763.1) -> (10.0.17763.55 via commulative update 2018-10)

MediaCreationTool1809.exe (10.0.17763.1)

beta-tester, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

StartMenuExperienceHost.exe used to go to Suspended in Windows 10 1809 but is now always...

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

StartMenuExperienceHost.exe used to go to Suspended in Windows 10 1809 but is now always...

1. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe used to go to Suspended in Windows 10 1809 but is now always... - Similar Threads - StartMenuExperienceHost exe used

2. StartMenuExperienceHost issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    StartMenuExperienceHost issue: Hi, I'm trying to detach the screen of my surface book 2 but, when I try it, windows show me an alert, and doesn't let me detach the screen. The alert message tells me that I have to close some applications. I have close almost all, but there is one that I'm not able to...
  3. "STARTMENUEXPERIENCEHOST" in Activity History. Legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "STARTMENUEXPERIENCEHOST" in Activity History. Legit?: [ATTACH] I found this under the Microsoft site's "activity history," tab, and appears to have been running almost every time I've turned my PC on for at least two months. Why is it unknown? Is this a legitimate Windows 10 process, or some kind of keylogger or rootkit...
  4. Windows 10 Always Going into Diagnostic Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Always Going into Diagnostic Mode: Hi, I recently had issues with my computer and decided I needed to soft reset my computer reset without clearing personal files. However, every time I attempt to reset, the computer goes to 50% progress in resetting and restarts which should be normal. However, instead of...
  5. Windows 10 ver 1809..... What's going on ?

Windows 10 ver 1809..... What's going on ?: For the past several months Windows is behaving very well. Everything I do with it seems to function as intended. I haven't experienced any foul ups and therefore have not had to use any troubleshooting at all. I'm afraid to lose my troubleshooting skills. What's going on ?...
  6. StartMenuExperienceHost

in Windows 10 Customization
    StartMenuExperienceHost: Why is startmenuexperiencehost.exe is runnig in the GPU and not in the CPU? And how do i change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startmenuexperiencehost/f90b1e5f-7f75-4f43-a9b4-ffd5b9eba920
  7. StartMenuExperienceHost error

in Windows 10 Support
    StartMenuExperienceHost error: Hi. I originally posted symptoms of "Tile database corrupt" as an issue with my Profile but have since examined the Event Log and Procmon outputs which seems to narrow down my current application error problem. (Winver is Windows 10 Home 1902 (Build 18362.116)) Faulting...
  8. Problem with 1809 with copy an exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with 1809 with copy an exe: Hi guys , with the newest Windows update 1809 we have a problem with our programs. We have a program in C# with 4.5 Framework that copy a .exe in C:\Folder\Folder\ but in the 1809 update we are not able to do that copy. With 1803 the .exe file are copied. What's Securty...
  9. not able to use MediaCreationTool1809.exe on my Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not able to use MediaCreationTool1809.exe on my Windows 10 1809: hi, i have Windows 10 1809 (10.1.17763.55) installed on my Desctop-PC. it was installed with the Windows version published by Microsoft officially. of that version i used MediaCreationTool1809.exe to do a fresh installation. but by accident i deleted the created Windows...
  10. 1809 BSOD Windows To Go

1809 BSOD Windows To Go: After installing Windows To Go 1809, I have a BSOD: DRIVER_UNLOADED_PENDING_CRASH (WppRecorder.sys) I tried to run various methods such as Driver Verifier, reinstallation of WTG from the Media Creation Tool's ISO or retail. I also rebuilt boot manager but the system still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. StartMenuExper

2. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe suspended