Windows 10: StartPage

Discus and support StartPage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What do you think about the search engine "StartPAGE" 178265 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jerrypc1, May 4, 2021.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

StartPage

What do you think about the search engine "StartPAGE"

:)

jerrypc1, May 4, 2021
  2. WXC
    WXC Win User

StartPage

Each of you gentlemen above, raise valid points (if I am understanding correctly). However, to the first, the censoring can be tamed by toggling off 'Family Filter'.

To the second, Startpage also offers a way to circumvent cookies.

The problem, unfortunately (to both issues above), is that this has to be repeated with each new incident of use (opening of Startpage in a new window). It is not very convenient, I more than agree.

However, I personally do not find it an problem, for my use.

To PiKo's point, I completely agree.

Startpage is lacking, when compared to Google. I think perhaps, all other search engines are.

I use it because it suits my personal needs. But it is certainly not for everyone.

@jerrypc1,

I suggest giving all the recommended a try for a few days. You'll find the one that best works for you. Pros and cons to everything. *Wink

Again, good luck.

3. Callender Win User
    StartPage

I hadn't tried it for a while. You're correct that it offers the choice between a settings cookie or settings URL.
    I just tried it (StartPage) again and bookmarked it. However the option to play videos seems to be missing which is a deal breaker for me.

StartPage [​IMG]

StartPage [​IMG]

However, like you said, there is no single search engine that does everything the same or better than the others. Hence the need to swap to get the desired search results in some cases. For example:

FileChef

Note: Uses Google advanced search operators.

Callender, May 4, 2021
  4. jerrypc1 Win User

StartPage

StartPage

What do you think about the search engine "StartPAGE"

jerrypc1, May 4, 2021
Thema:

StartPage

1. StartPage - Similar Threads - StartPage

2. How do I get rid of the Startpage image on my desktop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of the Startpage image on my desktop?: How do I get rid of the Startpage image on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-startpage-image-on-my/ca59d976-d2ec-4800-9e5d-048dca13ee20