Windows 10: Startup and boot

Discus and support Startup and boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when i bought my laptop Asus vivobook its startup and everything was working fine but it was showing 100 disc percentage and it was slowing down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by iamraj555, Feb 12, 2019.

1. iamraj555 Win User

Startup and boot

when i bought my laptop Asus vivobook its startup and everything was working fine but it was showing 100 disc percentage and it was slowing down my laptop and then i searched online for it then i got a video which told that u can delete datastore and downloads form softwaredistribution in windows in c drive and after that i started deleting them while i was deleting them there was some problem while deleting so i restarted the laptop then it was taking time while restarting and now laptop is slow when i start it. It is so slow that even typing takes time in windows search.But after 20 min of work makes it normal.So it has only startup and restart problem and its slow when i start it.

Pls help me.....will it create problem while gaming???

:)

iamraj555, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 12, 2019
  3. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 12, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

Startup and boot

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Startup and boot

1. Startup and boot - Similar Threads - Startup boot

2. Startup boot errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup boot errors: G’day guysJust tried to restart my windows 10 PC after installing one of my old dvd rom video games from windows 7, now every time I try to boot up and it comes up with the same issue. C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Log file.I have already reset windows 10 and...
  3. Startup boot errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup boot errors: G’day guysJust tried to restart my windows 10 PC after installing one of my old dvd rom video games from windows 7, now every time I try to boot up and it comes up with the same issue. C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Log file.I have already reset windows 10 and...
  4. Startup boot errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up: I restarted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stopped working on startup. Whenever I try to open windows it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart, then it runs the automatic repair but then says it can’t repair. I think all my other usb ports stopped working as...
  6. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up: I restarted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stopped working on startup. Whenever I try to open windows it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart, then it runs the automatic repair but then says it can’t repair. I think all my other usb ports stopped working as...
  7. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hard drive won't boot at first startup

Hard drive won't boot at first startup: Problem started about two days ago, my laptop has been turned off for four days, I turned it on only to find the internal hard drive disk D: missing, I tried finding it in disk management, device manager, and later even in BIOS and it doesn't show up on all three. I've tried...
  9. Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format: I just updated my PC with new Win11 compatible motherboard, after much work in the bios got Win10 to load, then installed new SSD and copied the system to it. after again fiddling with the Bios could boot from either disk by using app easy cd. But something I did now will not...
  10. Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot not available because both startup disks seen as MBR format: I just updated my PC with new Win11 compatible motherboard, after much work in the bios got Win10 to load, then installed new SSD and copied the system to it. after again fiddling with the Bios could boot from either disk by using app easy cd. But something I did now will not...