Windows 10: Startup and Explorer.exe errors after Anniversary update, please help

Discus and support Startup and Explorer.exe errors after Anniversary update, please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Without any warning two days ago I come home from work wake up my computer and the file explorer was flashing on and off and crashed. So I restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PersistedOrange, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Startup and Explorer.exe errors after Anniversary update, please help

Without any warning two days ago I come home from work wake up my computer and the file explorer was flashing on and off and crashed. So I restarted the computer and it tried to do startup repair and that failed. Then I tried to do a system restore and that failed as well. I even tried to do the windows reset from the settings menu at the startup screen and that failed at 71%.
    At this point i was able to login and after about 40 minutes of waiting at the preparing windows screen it would log in and have a blank screen and a cursor. So i did the normal thing and got the task manager up and tried to start explorer.exe it would start running but no change on my screen still black. I was able to get chrome open and actually pull up the file explorer manually by right clicking on the app in task manager and opening containing folder. This is where it is currently stuck at i have updated all my drivers, unplugged all usb attachments when i restarted, run chkdsk /f as admin, tried to do the "type in your windows password after hitting ctrl then enter", I have disabled my graphics card and my second monitor, checked my resolution and projection settings, and turned off quick startup. I left my computer on last night while my anti-virus programs ran and when i woke up the desktop, taskbar and icons were there but whenever I tried to open a program via desktop shortcut it would be stuck in perpetual loading cursor, same with the taskbar. I could only run things via task manager. I have been looking frantically online for anyone else with this problem and haven't found anything, so please help!

:)

PersistedOrange, Sep 1, 2016

2. Explorer.exe Server Execution Failed

I had accidentally killed Explorer.exe from a batch file. After restarting it, I get the following error: "Explorer.exe - Server Execution Failed". Please help.

HardikSharma1, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 anniversery update

I was trying to update the windows 10 anniversary update but after completing the download I'm getting 80070057 error. Please help.

SouravSaha2383, Sep 1, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Startup and Explorer.exe errors after Anniversary update, please help

You may need to do a clean install of Windows Anniversary update.

Windows 10

This will lead you to the page to download the media creation tool to create an ISO and burn a DVD, or create a USB stick, whatever you choose.

After you create the media, attempt to back up any important data you may have, then boot from the DVD to start installation.

I had to do a clean install on my computer after I had some corruptions after the upgrade from 1511 to 1607.

lmaneke, Sep 1, 2016
Thema:

Startup and Explorer.exe errors after Anniversary update, please help

1. Startup and Explorer.exe errors after Anniversary update, please help - Similar Threads - Startup Explorer exe

2. Showing this error on startup please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing this error on startup please help: Please help when we start windows it appears always done updating and use sfc/scannow nothing helps . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-this-error-on-startup-please-help/e549ec9b-ba76-4c51-aea8-e9f24af07bed
  3. Showing this error on startup please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing this error on startup please help: Please help when we start windows it appears always done updating and use sfc/scannow nothing helps . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-this-error-on-startup-please-help/e549ec9b-ba76-4c51-aea8-e9f24af07bed
  4. Script Error issue on startup please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Script Error issue on startup please help: i am having a script issue on startup but it only happens on startup its super annoying the URL is http://127.0.0.1:1042/6318/bundle-af9b61cc0bcc4e11e8f5.js...
  5. Script Error issue on startup please help

Script Error issue on startup please help: i am having a script issue on startup but it only happens on startup its super annoying the URL is http://127.0.0.1:1042/6318/bundle-af9b61cc0bcc4e11e8f5.js...
  6. The .exe wont run Please help

The .exe wont run Please help: Hi, Ok have a problem with .exe errors no software will open. eg. taskmanger wont open cmd wont open. i have tried everything. its like the .exe is turned off. And i cant fix it because i cant get to powershell or cmd to run commands. Bexuase i have a problem with .exe i...
  7. Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update: SO everything was running fine before I installed the anniversary update. After the update, the login screen (the screen in which I put my password) takes literally hours to load up. Instead, I just see spinning circles. [img] So, what I do is force shut down my PC...
  8. Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update: I updated my Windows 10 with the Anniversary update and now I see these couple of errors appear in the Event Viewer that had never appeared before the update. Event ID 4401 Source: EFS Message: 7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code:...
  9. Very slow startup after Windows Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow startup after Windows Anniversary update: I find that I have to wait for a good 5 minutes before the startup of Windows 10 with the latest version and update to this date of today's. How can I reduce the time to have a quick or fast statup with my desktop? I did tried few things to see if that help and still the same...
  10. windows 10 anniversary explorer error ???

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 anniversary explorer error ???: OMG since i got the update to anniversary i have this stupid error now every time i restart or log of my system why is it MS breaks things how do i fix this it was never there till this update. here is the stupid error. explorer.exe - Application Error Message The...
Tags: