Windows 10: Startup and Notification area

Discus and support Startup and Notification area in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello: I have an old app, WinDates, that is superior to any calendar I know of, and I want to keep using it (no longer supported). It worked in Win 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hans L, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Hans L Win User

Startup and Notification area

Hello:

I have an old app, WinDates, that is superior to any calendar I know of, and I want to keep using it (no longer supported). It worked in Win 7. It also works in Win 10, but I cannot get it to start up when the computer starts up.

WinDates is correctly linked as is shown here:

C:\Users\[User ID]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk

But, it does not start when I start Windows 10.

If I start WinDates manually, it appears, as in Win 7, in the Notification area (where I want it), and I can use it as usual. However, it does not show up in the group of icons that appear when I click the ^ icon in the Notification area. In fact, many icons that I could see and manage in Win 7 do not show when I click the ^ icon, and I do not know how to manage the Notification area anymore.

By the way, three other items in the Startup folder opens nicely when the computer starts.

Grateful for any thoughts what could prevent the startup.

:)

Hans L, Aug 17, 2018

2. notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 17, 2018
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How to remove the Notification Area on the right of the screen

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Taskbar Notification area on Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Under Taskbar you may Turn off notifications as per your requirement.
    • Under Notification area click on Select which icons to appear on Taskbar
      also Turn system icon on or off and you may Turn off notifications as per your requirement.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Startup and Notification area - Similar Threads - Startup Notification area

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. notification area not working

notification area not working: my action center, sound option, battery option, calendar option, wifi option which are on the right corner of thetaskbar are not opening even after clicking millions of times...
  6. notification area.

notification area.: Hi, I was wondering if it were possible too view my notifications on the left side of my screen as my task bar in down my left side. Any help would be welcomed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/26b98150-31c3-4808-b6d4-0cfc5d03f53d
  7. Notification area inconsistencies

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area inconsistencies: Hello: My Notification area shows four application icons, and there is no problems with them. When I click the ^ icon, I see 13 icons, all of which I have identified. No problem there either. Then, I right-click on the task bar, and click Taskbar Settings > Taskbar >...
  8. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  9. Unwanted "My Computer" icon in Notification Area on Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted "My Computer" icon in Notification Area on Startup: Hi, Every time I start up my computer, the attached icon appears in the notification tray. If I click on it, it opens up My Computer and the icon disappears. If I don't click on it, then my taskbar will not auto-hide as I want it to. The icon does not appear in the hidden...
  10. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...