Windows 10: Startup and search

Discus and support Startup and search in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer started up like normal, but then it just showed my background (the default windows background) for at about ten minutes before loading all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TwistedShadow26, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Startup and search

My computer started up like normal, but then it just showed my background (the default windows background) for at about ten minutes before loading all my stuff (app icons, taskbar etc.). Then I went to use the start menu search, but when I clicked it, nothing happened. I tried Cortana and just clicking the windows button and the windows key. My notification tab did not work either. Everything else worked, but they were slower than usual. This has happened once before, but I restarted the computer and thought nothing of it. If anyone has any answers, I would be very grateful.

:)

TwistedShadow26, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 8, 2018
  3. New strange item in startup: KernelFaultCheck???

search for it on teh internet .something like "kernelfaultcheck startup".there are web sites taht just list startup items

francis511, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Startup and search

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Startup and search

1. Startup and search - Similar Threads - Startup search

2. Windows 10 Microsoft Store crashes on startup

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Microsoft Store crashes on startup: (I've literally spent the last 2 hours trying to fix this and I've finally decided to post) Ok so here's the deal, every time I boot up Microsoft Store it loads up the apps right? Then crashes 3 seconds later. EVERY TIME Done wsreset That one powershell command (broke my...
  3. Multiple BSOD after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD after startup: Hello, I've had problems with BSOD for years now and decided to get myself a new GPU for Christmas as the old one was the reason for most of my crashes. After I installed the new one the amount of BSOD decreased but I'm still having them on startup and now I can also get...
  4. Disabled Startup type in Windows Update properties

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabled Startup type in Windows Update properties: Does anybody know how to enable Startup type in Windows update properties? It disabled for no reason and I need help to make things as they use to be....
  5. Windows Startup suddenly requiring password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Startup suddenly requiring password: After several years of using windows 10 'startup' in the "Never" require password sign-in mode on my desktop, for several days now, I have suddenly been required to use a password during startup. This apparently occurred subsequent to some 'automatic update' downloads from...
  6. My computer cannot shutdown with fast startup turned on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer cannot shutdown with fast startup turned on: My computer cannot shutdown with fast startup turned on.After I click the button,it just goes to the lock screen.But I can use "shutdown -s" to shutdown successfully. This has also caused other problems.For example,I can't join the Windows Insider Program.All these problems...
  7. WIndows Firewall Notification On Startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIndows Firewall Notification On Startup: I just installed the Windows 10 build 1809, and since then, every time I boot my computer, I get a notification saying Windows firewall is turned off. Tap or click to turn it on. So far, I've been unable to disable this notification. Where can I find that setting?...
  8. Windows startup error. HELP!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows startup error. HELP!: [ATTACH] Hi. I got this error after I update my PC. I try everything. Install Win 10 using USB flash drive, turn off my computer, leave for 10 seconds, nothin happen. The only choice I got is to fully format my 2 hard drives which is the SSD, where I install my OS, and...
  9. Missing Startup tabs and partial Performace stats in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Startup tabs and partial Performace stats in task manager: Hi, I am unsure how this happened but just yesterday when i looked opened my taskmanager on Windows 10 build 1809, the startup tab is missing. The other issues are that disk,network and GPU stats are greyed out and performance tab is also missing a few graphs. So I then...
  10. Startup search bar disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup search bar disappeared: I'm not talking about the Cortana search bar on the taskbar, but the one that is supposed to be in the Startup Menu. This was a clean install, and I'm not sure when it got uninstalled, but I would like to get it back. 12794