Windows 10: Startup and search

Discus and support Startup and search in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer started up like normal, but then it just showed my background (the default windows background) for at about ten minutes before loading all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TwistedShadow26, Nov 8, 2018 at 6:02 PM.

1. TwistedShadow26 Win User

Startup and search

My computer started up like normal, but then it just showed my background (the default windows background) for at about ten minutes before loading all my stuff (app icons, taskbar etc.). Then I went to use the start menu search, but when I clicked it, nothing happened. I tried Cortana and just clicking the windows button and the windows key. My notification tab did not work either. Everything else worked, but they were slower than usual. This has happened once before, but I restarted the computer and thought nothing of it. If anyone has any answers, I would be very grateful.

:)

TwistedShadow26, Nov 8, 2018 at 6:02 PM
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

3. francis511 Win User
    New strange item in startup: KernelFaultCheck???

search for it on teh internet .something like "kernelfaultcheck startup".there are web sites taht just list startup items

4. hurricane51 Win User

Startup and search

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 8, 2018 at 6:05 PM
Thema:

Startup and search

1. Startup and search - Similar Threads - Startup search

2. Microsoft Store crashes on startup (with solution for Windows 10 N)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store crashes on startup (with solution for Windows 10 N): Hi, after updating the Microsoft Store app to v11810.1001.12.0, it stopped working. The store app window pops up for two or three seconds and then disappears again. The following error message is written to the Windows Event Log (Source = DistributedCOM): "The server...
  3. 'C:\users\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\eejhdu vf\ccjisfhw.exe.' Windows 10 during startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'C:\users\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\eejhdu vf\ccjisfhw.exe.' Windows 10 during startup: Anyone knows how to fix it? (Picture below) [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cusersappdataroamingmicrosoftwindowseejhduvfccjisf/145a69c3-a168-4f2d-8c4d-c531c3107197
  4. PC freezes at startup after being left off for a while

PC freezes at startup after being left off for a while: I am getting really desperate here. I have looked through countless forum posts and tried every solution I could find and the problem still persists. I have run every troubleshooter I could find and it says everything is fine. I have reinstalled windows 2 times and...
  5. Why do updates have to occur on shutdown or startup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do updates have to occur on shutdown or startup?: When I shutdown my machine its because I want to go and do something else. I don't want to wait with my machine not powered down waiting for the update to complete to make sure it hasn't trashed this machine as it did my last. Also when starting up I want to get in and...
  6. laptop want startup correctly

laptop want startup correctly: trying to start laptop but cannot get further than welcome screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-want-startup-correctly/172fe54f-9c4c-4deb-9011-618ce81a5b58
  7. Windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 startup: I have a custom built desktop, I updates to Windows 10 home about 5 months ago. Ever since then I have the hardest time loading windows. It freezes on the spinning white dots, then I restart my computer. Usually after about 10 times it might load and I can use my computer. I...
  8. Taskbar crashing on Windows 10 startup

Taskbar crashing on Windows 10 startup: Hello Please can someone advise. I have Windows 10 that I recently updated. Everything worked fine until i booted up last night. It will load to the desktop but no icons on the desktop or the taskbar will appear. I can't click on the start menu as the blue loading wheel...
  9. window won't startup.

window won't startup.: window won't startup. It said "secure boot policy has unexpectedly changed. you need to enter your recovery key." I found the bitlocker key from Microsoft site "windows.microsoft.com/recoverykeyfaq" and put the right key but failed to unlock. Moved from: Surface / Surface...
  10. Startup search bar disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup search bar disappeared: I'm not talking about the Cortana search bar on the taskbar, but the one that is supposed to be in the Startup Menu. This was a clean install, and I'm not sure when it got uninstalled, but I would like to get it back. 12794