Windows 10: Startup and search

Discus and support Startup and search in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer started up like normal, but then it just showed my background (the default windows background) for at about ten minutes before loading all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TwistedShadow26, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Startup and search

My computer started up like normal, but then it just showed my background (the default windows background) for at about ten minutes before loading all my stuff (app icons, taskbar etc.). Then I went to use the start menu search, but when I clicked it, nothing happened. I tried Cortana and just clicking the windows button and the windows key. My notification tab did not work either. Everything else worked, but they were slower than usual. This has happened once before, but I restarted the computer and thought nothing of it. If anyone has any answers, I would be very grateful.

:)

TwistedShadow26, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 8, 2018
  3. New strange item in startup: KernelFaultCheck???

search for it on teh internet .something like "kernelfaultcheck startup".there are web sites taht just list startup items

francis511, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Startup and search

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Startup and search

1. Startup and search - Similar Threads - Startup search

2. Update KB5029263 disabled Startup button and Search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5029263 disabled Startup button and Search bar: Hello,I am facing serious problem with Windows 11 after the August Update KB5029263 was installed. The Startup button is disabled, clicking it doesn't open the program list. Also the Search bar is disabled.I need someone to guide me in resolving this issue as I am not able to...
  3. Update KB5029263 disabled Startup button and Search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update KB5029263 disabled Startup button and Search bar: Hello,I am facing serious problem with Windows 11 after the August Update KB5029263 was installed. The Startup button is disabled, clicking it doesn't open the program list. Also the Search bar is disabled.I need someone to guide me in resolving this issue as I am not able to...
  4. "Startup Apps" not showing trough the windows search and in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Startup Apps" not showing trough the windows search and in the settings: Hello, a few days ago I noticed that I can't access my computer's startup apps from the windows search and trough the settings settings > apps > startup.I would love to get some help with that. Thanks alot.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎01/‎12/‎2022 OS...
  5. "Startup Apps" not showing trough the windows search and in the settings

"Startup Apps" not showing trough the windows search and in the settings: Hello, a few days ago I noticed that I can't access my computer's startup apps from the windows search and trough the settings settings > apps > startup.I would love to get some help with that. Thanks alot.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎01/‎12/‎2022 OS...
  6. Windows Explorer & Startup Search Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer & Startup Search Unresponsive: Ever since update KB5003173 I can't seem to make the Windows explorer search system work -at all-.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing. No textbox, no nothing.Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a...
  7. Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive: Ever since the latest update KB5003173 I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing.Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a second...
  8. Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive: Ever since the latest update I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing. Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a second before...
  9. How to hide app from search box and stop appearing in startup menu

How to hide app from search box and stop appearing in startup menu: How to hide app from search box and stop appearing in startup menu. I don't wan to uninstall app. GK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-app-from-search-box-and-stop-appearing/e68dd50b-9bd2-47ec-93a7-d8d0f588f35f
  10. Windows Settings Crashes upon startup, Cortana/Search bar will not respond when clicking on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Settings Crashes upon startup, Cortana/Search bar will not respond when clicking on...: Yesterday I noticed my computer would keep waking itself up from sleep mode without me touching it, I kept putting it back to sleep only for it to awaken again. So I shut off completely. Went to work and came back, turned on the PC and it said I had finished installing an...