Windows 10: Startup and search

Discus and support Startup and search in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer started up like normal, but then it just showed my background (the default windows background) for at about ten minutes before loading all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TwistedShadow26, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Startup and search

My computer started up like normal, but then it just showed my background (the default windows background) for at about ten minutes before loading all my stuff (app icons, taskbar etc.). Then I went to use the start menu search, but when I clicked it, nothing happened. I tried Cortana and just clicking the windows button and the windows key. My notification tab did not work either. Everything else worked, but they were slower than usual. This has happened once before, but I restarted the computer and thought nothing of it. If anyone has any answers, I would be very grateful.

:)

TwistedShadow26, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 8, 2018
  3. New strange item in startup: KernelFaultCheck???

search for it on teh internet .something like "kernelfaultcheck startup".there are web sites taht just list startup items

francis511, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Startup and search

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Startup and search

1. Startup and search - Similar Threads - Startup search

2. Error in Startup Script

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error in Startup Script: Hello everyone, I have a problem. When I want to Install the software, an error sign came up like this. [ATTACH] What should I do to fix the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-in-startup-script/8a65ff82-5e23-4ac2-bd39-1ce333f0f12d
  3. Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works: Basically title. Every password i input in startup repair is incorrect, even though when i login to microsoft using the same acc it works. 131484
  4. Startup issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup issue: Just wondering if anyone is experiencing some of their programs "opening" when you turn on or startup your computer. These are programs that did not open up before. Example: When turning on the computer today, Internet Explorer opened up. The other day, Excel opened up....
  5. Startup problem in laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup problem in laptop: Hi, I have Lenovo Idea Pad and it is in startup problem. In starting, it says Preparing Automatic Repair and restarts lots of time but it does not solve the problems and occurs restarting. The blue screen says ' Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restarts. we'll restart...
  6. No recovery options start from advanced startup menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No recovery options start from advanced startup menu: hello everyone, I just ran into this problem after I opened my computer case, I did not damage anything or replace anything, I simply just took off my computer case and put it back on. But it took me straight to the boot menu. I have tried every single option and online...
  7. "Static" on laptop startup from sleep mode, or shutdown mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "Static" on laptop startup from sleep mode, or shutdown mode.: Hello all, I'm not sure if this is posted in the right section so please feel free to correct me if I am in the wrong place. I've got a weird issue with my laptop, 50% or so of the times in which I turn it on it shows a screen I can only describe as static. No error messages,...
  8. Debugging Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Debugging Startup Failure: My Windows 10 won't boot. I can't get into safe-mode. I tried System Restore from recovery page but it didn't solve the problem. First I need to know what is preventing my windows from booting properly so I tried enabling debugging feature but I can't find ntbtlog.txt file...
  9. No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.: Whenever I do a restart boot I get the Windows Startup sound. If I boot from Shutdown I do not get it. Is this the way it should be? Thank you. 131275
  10. Startup search bar disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup search bar disappeared: I'm not talking about the Cortana search bar on the taskbar, but the one that is supposed to be in the Startup Menu. This was a clean install, and I'm not sure when it got uninstalled, but I would like to get it back. 12794