Windows 10: Startup apps do not open in background regardless of settings.

Discus and support Startup apps do not open in background regardless of settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an issue with Teams opening on startup regardless of whether the "Open application in background" setting is checked or not. It also happens for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SDClark-, Apr 5, 2021.

1. SDClark- Win User

Startup apps do not open in background regardless of settings.

I have an issue with Teams opening on startup regardless of whether the "[COLOR=rgba36, 36, 36, 1]Open application in background" setting is checked or not. It also happens for the VPN software that I use, I have it set to open "Launch the app minimized". Is there an obvious solution that I am missing for this? My other PC doesn't seem to have this issue with the programs in question.[/COLOR]

:)

SDClark-, Apr 5, 2021

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Startup apps do not open in background regardless of settings. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 5, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Apps running in background .

Hi Irimescu

Turn off all unnecessary startup applications and processes:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See any non-essential items are listed there

If so, select and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list, see any non-essential items are listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Turn off all unnecessary Background Apps

Open the Settings App

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn off any App you do not need running in the background

Restart your PC

DaveM121, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Startup apps do not open in background regardless of settings. - Similar Threads - Startup apps open

2. Open Apps and Files in the Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Apps and Files in the Background: I remember way back in windows 10 when I am opening multiple excel files, they would all open without blocking the screen and open quietly in the background.The thing is I don't know how that happened and I liked it, windows 11 have this feature? if so, how?...
  3. Open Apps and Files in the Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Apps and Files in the Background: I remember way back in windows 10 when I am opening multiple excel files, they would all open without blocking the screen and open quietly in the background.The thing is I don't know how that happened and I liked it, windows 11 have this feature? if so, how?...
  4. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  5. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  6. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Startup Apps not displaying in Settings > Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup Apps not displaying in Settings > Apps: I started my pc, and found out that my EarTrumpet app was turned off @ startup, so I went to Settings > Apps > Startup Apps. But surprisingly, Startup Apps option was not there. I tried googling it, but I didn't get any results, so I'm posting this community post as I need...
  8. No Background apps in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Background apps in settings: [ATTACH] I'm trying to disable an app from running in the background, but there's nothing there. Can anyone help me? https://preview.redd.it/xz519y2b37861.png?width=1571&format=png&auto=webp&s=c7f9a2e536574f0032fbb227a1574e4cc2f7fffd submitted by /u/minytrolly...
  9. Settings/Apps/Startup

Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187
  10. Settings/Apps/Startup

in Windows 10 News
    Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187