Windows 10: Startup Apps in Designated Virtual Desktops

Discus and support Startup Apps in Designated Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was wondering if it is possible if I can have specific programs launched at startup , and have them placed on a second virtual desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by robertceballos, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Startup Apps in Designated Virtual Desktops

I was wondering if it is possible if I can have specific programs launched at startup , and have them placed on a second virtual desktop.

Specifically, when my windows 10 boots, I'd like for my Viber and Telegram to share one-half each of virtual desktop 1, my browser on virtual desktop 2 in full screen, virtual desktops 3 and 4 without apps, and virtual desktop 5 with Spotify in full screen mode.

Please excuse the specificity of the effect I'd like to achieve. Thought that I might as well get all help I can get.

Best

:)

robertceballos, Aug 7, 2020

2. Startup items to specific virtual desktop

Hi,

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Are you referring to task view feature "Multiple desktops" in Windows 10?

If yes, please be informed that you cannot have apps/programs automatically startup in different desktops.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/multiple-desktops-in-windows-10#

If you open a lot of programs at once, this feature allows you to keep them organized.

i.e., you can move apps between multiple desktops. Once you restart/sign-out, the applications on all these desktops will be closed. The opened files/programs will be closed.

You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Derty Win User

Startup Apps in Designated Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops.

I'll explain it step by step :

Go to virtual desktop 1
    Open full windowed Chrome
    Go to virtual desktop 2
    Open two different full windowed excels
    Hit windows-tab

And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a screenshot.

If you click on destktop 3 icon, you'll be there, but excel will be shown, full windowed, as if you were on desktop 2.
    If you then minimize it, it goes to the desktop 2 taskbar.

If you click on desktop 1 icon, you'll get there, but excels will be shown instead of Chrome. If you put the mouse over desktop 1 icon and then click Chrome above virtual desktops, you'll get to desktop 1 with Chrome being shown as normal.

If you close one of the two excels, virtual desktops works again as expected.

What can I test to solve this mess?

Thanx a lot, I've been expecting a fix in every new compilation, with no luck.

César

Derty, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Startup Apps in Designated Virtual Desktops

1. Startup Apps in Designated Virtual Desktops - Similar Threads - Startup Apps Designated

2. App blocks switching virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App blocks switching virtual desktops: I´ve started using virtual desktops to gain some order in workung 5 projects at the same time. As it is impossible in Windows 11 to ungroup symbols in the task bar ans see any file or folder names without any action this is inho the only way to work efficiently. I am not...
  3. App blocks switching virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App blocks switching virtual desktops: I´ve started using virtual desktops to gain some order in workung 5 projects at the same time. As it is impossible in Windows 11 to ungroup symbols in the task bar ans see any file or folder names without any action this is inho the only way to work efficiently. I am not...
  4. App blocks switsching virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App blocks switsching virtual desktops: I´ve started using virtual desktops to gain some order in workung 5 projects at the same time. As it is impossible in Windows 11 to ungroup symbols in the task bar ans see any file or folder names without any action this is inho the only way to work efficiently. I am not...
  5. Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard disconnects / no connection at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard disconnects / no connection at startup: Hi all! In mid October 2020 my Microsoft BT designer keyboard suddenly started to have massive connection issues: The keyboard is mostly not connected before windows login, so I cannot use it to log in. Further whenever I do not use the keyboard for a few minutes it...
  6. Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard disconnects / no connection at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard disconnects / no connection at startup: Hi! Since mid October 2020 my Microsoft BT designer keyboard has massive connection issues: It is mostly not connected before windows login, so I cannot use it to log in. Further whenever I do not use the keyboard for a few minutes it disconnects and sometimes needs many...
  7. Opening Apps in Specific Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Apps in Specific Virtual Desktops: Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to set my apps to open in particular virtual desktops. Desired effect: When I run the following apps, I'd like for them to open only in their designated vitrual desktops. E.x. I'd like for my Spotify to open only in Virtual Desktop 5,...
  8. pin apps to specific virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pin apps to specific virtual desktop?: I haven't used Windows in years but have just gotten one of those tiny Intel NUC things and installed Windows 10 pro on it. I'm glad to see Windows finally has an OK virtual desktop system, but is there a way to pin specific software to a specific desktop? Let's say I wanted...
  9. Organize open apps with virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Organize open apps with virtual desktops: Apps feeling cluttered? Organize open apps with virtual desktops! Click here for more info: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/get-organized#virtualdesktops [ATTACH]...
  10. Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops: Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops. I'll explain it step by step : Go to virtual desktop 1 Open full windowed Chrome Go to virtual desktop 2 Open two different full windowed excels Hit windows-tab And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a...