Windows 10: Startup Boost feature in Microsoft Edge will help the browser launch faster

Discus and support Startup Boost feature in Microsoft Edge will help the browser launch faster in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]The Startup Boost feature in Microsoft Edge is an upcoming feature for Microsoft Edge […] This article Startup Boost feature in Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 26, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Startup Boost feature in Microsoft Edge will help the browser launch faster

WinClub, Oct 26, 2020
  2. A Guy Win User

Microsoft Edge Browser Gets Security Boost

Source

A Guy, Oct 26, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Startup Boost feature in Microsoft Edge will help the browser launch faster

Problems with Microsoft Edge after Updates

Hi,

I suggest you to clear all browsing data and cache files from the Microsoft Edge browser and check if it helps. I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
    • After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
    • Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
    • Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Startup Boost feature in Microsoft Edge will help the browser launch faster

1. Startup Boost feature in Microsoft Edge will help the browser launch faster - Similar Threads - Startup Boost feature

2. Microsoft Edge always launching on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge always launching on startup: Seemingly out of nowhere, Edge decided it would be nice to launch itself on bootup and it's been quite annoying. It's already disabled in Task Manager & in Settings yet somehow is still starting up whenever I boot up my computer and the first thing I see after login is the...
  3. Microsoft Edge always launching on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge always launching on startup: Seemingly out of nowhere, Edge decided it would be nice to launch itself on bootup and it's been quite annoying. It's already disabled in Task Manager & in Settings yet somehow is still starting up whenever I boot up my computer and the first thing I see after login is the...
  4. Amp up your performance with Startup boost in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Amp up your performance with Startup boost in Microsoft Edge: I’m excited that you’re here to learn about what we’ve been doing to further improve Microsoft Edge and Bing! In my last post we announced our new sleeping tabs feature and I’m happy to share initial findings from our latest...
  5. Microsoft’s new Edge browser is about to get even faster

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s new Edge browser is about to get even faster: In 2018, Microsoft ceased producing its own web browsing engine in favour of Google supported Chromium. The key differentiators between the new Edge and Chromium-based browsers are its user interface, smooth scrolling, a customizable start page experience, Collections, and...
  6. How to enable the Collections feature in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable the Collections feature in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft has announced the Collections feature for new Edge users, however, it is limited to Microsoft Edge Developer and Microsoft Edge Canary for now. Collections […] This post How to enable the Collections feature in Microsoft Edge browser is from...
  7. Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers: It’s clear that Microsoft is fully committed to improving Chromium-based Edge browser and multiple enhancements are already underway. Many of the improvements will come to all Chromium-powered browsers, including Chrome. After adding an improved version of Find box to...
  8. Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?: Windows 10 comes with a brand new web browser called Microsoft Edge. It's got a lighter design, it's blazing fast and Cortana is baked right into it. Edge washes away everything we hated about Internet Explorer, but how does it compare to Google Chrome, the world's...
  9. Microsoft Edge Browser Gets Security Boost

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Gets Security Boost: Microsoft is pulling out all the stops to boost the appeal of Windows 10 to a global user audience. Most recently, these efforts have included tighter security measures for new minimalist browser, Microsoft Edge. Edge, formerly codenamed Project Spartan, is one of the many...
  10. Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website: Dedicated Microsoft Edge extensions page revealed early as new Redstone build nears [img] A user by the name of H0x0d on Twitter appears to have found a dedicated webpage from Microsoft asking Windows Insiders to begin testing Extensions for Microsoft Edge. The...