Windows 10: Startup & Boot Failure

Discus and support Startup & Boot Failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently, My laptop ran into a Malware problem the antivirus Kaspersky removed it but after a while my laptop ran into bsod but i recovered from that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmitKurmi, Aug 9, 2020.

1. AmitKurmi Win User

Startup & Boot Failure

Recently, My laptop ran into a Malware problem the antivirus Kaspersky removed it but after a while my laptop ran into bsod but i recovered from that again while using the laptop while opening memory consuming apps lile chrome Photoshop the screen flickers into black screen and would turn normal when i closed the app later kaspersky again detected same malware TorjanAutoRunGen.BITS from system 32 and tried disinfection but it said memory leakage symptoms of that malware after disinfection I tried Safemode to see what happened but the didn't went to safe mode rather booted normally, i tried safe mode from settings first and the next time i used MsConfig to boot into safemode and from here the problem actually started now my laptop cant boot and gets stuck at automatic repair after that In WinRecovery Environment, tried every thing from automatic system repair to using cmd to system restore none works. Please HELP ASAP.

:)

AmitKurmi, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Aug 9, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Startup & Boot Failure

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Startup & Boot Failure

1. Startup & Boot Failure - Similar Threads - Startup Boot Failure

2. Critical Startup Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Startup Failure: I woke up today, and when I turned on my PC, I'm greeted by Stop Code: Critical Process Died with Error Code 0xc0000001. However, when I tried to attempt some of the fixes on the forum, the Error Code changes to 0xc0000098. I have attempted to get my PC to launch into...
  3. Critical Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Startup Failure: I woke up today, and when I turned on my PC, I'm greeted by Stop Code: Critical Process Died with Error Code 0xc0000001. However, when I tried to attempt some of the fixes on the forum, the Error Code changes to 0xc0000098. I have attempted to get my PC to launch into...
  4. Critical Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Failure: Running Win 10 Pro with latest updates. I have recently been getting very slow garbage downs. When I next power up the machine, I often get the ASUS splash screen with a moving circle, but it doesn't boot all the way. I have to shut down with the power button and then start...
  6. Failure to startup

Failure to startup: My laptop fails to start up after I reset the device. Now what i can see only screen is this blue screen. If I choose any option below then the laptop restart itself. It then comes back to this blue screen. I have tried command prompt>start up repair, the laptop restarts then...
  7. USB boot failure after long series of startup failures

USB boot failure after long series of startup failures: I have a Surface Laptop3 bought in March 2020. Yesterday it failed to start and i went through all the usual steps including a failed Reset. Multiple automatic repair failures and a log message about a partition table error 0x490. The second of two Microsoft Windows...
  8. Boot Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot Failure: Hi i have been having a boot failure at startup and a message saying to install disk to repair the problem. but i lost my installation disk a while back . I think i had ordered a copy of my instillation disk but i cant remember where it was from. If anyone can offer some...
  9. Debugging Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Debugging Startup Failure: My Windows 10 won't boot. I can't get into safe-mode. I tried System Restore from recovery page but it didn't solve the problem. First I need to know what is preventing my windows from booting properly so I tried enabling debugging feature but I can't find ntbtlog.txt file...
  10. startup menu failure

in Windows 10 Support
    startup menu failure: My startup menu is longer available. I click on the windows icon or hit that key and nothing happens. Consequently, I have lost access to some features and have to go through a bunch of other steps even to open documents. Has anyone else had this problem? I talked to the...