Windows 10: Startup crash

Discus and support Startup crash in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear community, as a programmer, previously I have solved all my computer problems by seeking through Google, but this problem got over me, so I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iCore, Dec 15, 2015.

1. iCore Win User

Startup crash

Dear community,

as a programmer, previously I have solved all my computer problems by seeking through Google, but this problem got over me, so I'm hoping a little guidance or help from you.

The general problem is really wide, my PC freezes on random startups. However...
    In average, out of 3 starts, there are two crashes, and in the other time there are no problems at all.
    The time of the crash is also really random. Sometimes the Windows logo crashes, sometimes login screen, and sometimes <5 minutes after login. After some minutes pass, there are no crashes for sure.
    There is no BSOD, no error messages, or anything. The screen freezes, and nothing will ever work, until I hard restart.
    The same happened with my previous Windiws 7 installation. That's why I thought it may be hardware problem, but after installing Win10, it was working perfectly for like a month or two... then it started again (maybe something driver?).
    The Windows startup fixing tool couldn't fix the problem, however, once it was crashing too! So there is no way any desktop-application is causing it.
    memtest: false (haven't done a full-day deep test)
    chkdsk: false (haven't done a full-day deep test)

System specification:
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4
    CPU: Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8GB
    My system is on a 64GB SSD (OCZ-Vertex4), and I also have a 700GB WD HDD

I have attached both boot log and event log export (I have renamed the event log from *.evtx to *.log, because the forum does not allow that type of file, but you can open it easily after renaming it back).

ntbtlog.txt
    eventlog.log

Any idea may be helpful, because it starts to be really annoying, and I just can't find a solution for it.

Thanks,
    Kristóf

:)

iCore, Dec 15, 2015

2. Facebook app on windows 10 crash immedietly.

Started happening to me too. About two weeks ago Facebook Beta started crashing on startup. I then downloaded the normal Facebook app and all was okay. Then a few days back there was an update and it now crashes on startup. The new Facebook Messenger app
    crashes on startup as well.

I have tried uninstall and reinstall and also Microsoft App Troubleshooter - nothing fixes the issue.

mikeyjames1967, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 calculator keeps crashing

This did not help. Resetting appears to have happened (checkmark and all), but still it crashes on startup. The calculator... crashes..

the calculator...

Sean78423169813286, Dec 15, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Startup crash

Hello and welcome to the tenforums!

I have seen a number of posts where people have been getting random crashes for no apparent reason and many have associated this with the nVidia graphics driver and associated software. My first thought is that this is what you are seeing.

Have a search for some of the posts related to NVidia but for starters you could try this one:

Windows 10 Recurring Crash/Freeze - nVidia?

philc43, Dec 15, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    You may find - as a first pass- these Nirsoft utilities useful, if you can get your PC to boot:
    Whocrashed (drivers), Appcrashview, maybe Apphang.

These use parts of the event log.

Do you get the same thing happening if you reboot to Safe Mode?

Did you do a clean install? Or upgrade? Has your Win 10 installation always had these problems, or did they start after some event?

Telling us the history as a brief summary can help.

Do you have a system restore point or disk image at a point before this problem started?

dalchina, Dec 15, 2015
  6. iCore Win User
    Thanks your fast reply. Firstly, I have enabled nVidia driver service by following @philc43's link, if that's not gonna work, I may try do a clean driver install as suggested.
    @dalchina, I have looked, but since I have no really idea what do those errors mean (and haven't found much useful for them on Google), I have attached to the post, so maybe it will be obvious for an expert *Smile
    And yes, I have tried safe mode too.
    I have upgraded, but did a full install, so it haven't kept any files. And as I mentined (maybe not clear enough), in the first 1-2 months after the install, I didn't have any problem, it just started randomly. The same happened for the previous Win7 installation: No problems after install, only after some months passed. No idea what could have happened, I installed Realtek drivers in the meantime, but it may have no relation at all.
    Also sadly I haven't any restore points, it's happening for months for now.
    Thanks for the idea by the way, I'll now try WhoCrashed, didn't know it exists *Smile

UPDATE
    According to WhoCrashed: "Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found.", so probably it won't help much.

iCore, Dec 15, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    The fact that it happens when you boot to safe mode and that you've experienced this in Win 7 suggests you may have a hardware problem.

Have a look at the SMART parameters for your hard disk, and try a RAM test.

dalchina, Dec 15, 2015
  8. iCore Win User

Startup crash

S.M.A.R.T. is ok, and I have just run another full memtest, no errors. Anything else I should check?

Thank you.

iCore, Dec 17, 2015
  9. awatz Win User
    I had almost the same problem for several weeks. It freezes a few minutes after a cold boot. What worked for me to disable the "turn on fast startup" in the Power options

awatz, Dec 17, 2015
  10. iCore Win User
    Thanks your suggestion, but I have already tried that, and the same thing happened :/

iCore, Dec 17, 2015
  11. I had the same symptoms the other day when i went from AC power to battery power.

Previously, with another earlier build, i did get BSOD when i went to battery power. However, not this time - everything just froze, i couldn't even see my mouse pointer (not that it would have helped, the system was completely frozen, couldn't do anything except do a hard power down)

Before using DDU and reinstalling earlier nVidia graphics driver in Safe Mode, i decided to rollback driver via Device Manager. Funny thing was that after i did this, instead of it being an earlier version of the driver, it was a NEWER driver. Windows had automatically installed it. There was no Windows Update for this driver, it just installed after restarting my computer after a build update. Also, what was weird was that using the latest version of the driver (at the time, several months ago) caused the BSODs i experienced - i had to use DDU to totally uninstall drivers and reinstall an earlier version put out by Acer (my laptop manufacturer) specifically for Windows 10, all within Safe Mode.

So...i would start with graphics driver.

P.S. After googling issue, one solution which worked for a few people was to make sure under Power Options that both AC/DC options are the same.

Bon chance!

AthanasianCreed, Dec 17, 2015
  12. iCore Win User
    Thanks @AthanasianCreed, I'll try doing something with the nVidia driver (by the way I have a PC, so battery-power does not matter here) *Smile

iCore, Dec 18, 2015
  13. Startup crash

Your welcome - and hope everything works out OK for you!

Ray

AthanasianCreed, Dec 18, 2015
  14. iCore Win User
    I have just tried using the Windows Driver Verifier, and after some boot it started to get BSOD from the Intel Graphics Driver. I have updated from version 10 to version 15 (the newest), but it still crashes until I reset the verifier. Is it possible, that the boot crashes are actually caused by the Intel driver, when the verifier is not running? Can I test it out, or do anything about it? I don't even know why should it even run, since I'm not using the integrated graphics card.

Thanks!

iCore, Dec 22, 2015
  15. philc43 Win User
    If you suspect your on board graphics is causing this then you should be able to disable it in the BIOS settings and remove the Intel graphics driver from your system.

philc43, Dec 22, 2015
Thema:

Startup crash

1. Startup crash - Similar Threads - Startup crash

2. PC Crashed on startup of steam games ONLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashed on startup of steam games ONLY: Hi,A really odd one here,I've been experiencing this odd occurrence, when I launch these games:CS2PUBGContent WarningPC just decides to give up..The only thing I could find after a crash was in the Event Viewer keyword: 0x8000400000000002And solutions proposed to such...
  3. PC Crashed on startup of steam games ONLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crashed on startup of steam games ONLY: Hi,A really odd one here,I've been experiencing this odd occurrence, when I launch these games:CS2PUBGContent WarningPC just decides to give up..The only thing I could find after a crash was in the Event Viewer keyword: 0x8000400000000002And solutions proposed to such...
  4. My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.: My pc specs... RX 7900 XTX, Ryen 7 5800x. The error message im getting is... LiveKernelEvent 141, Files that help describe the problemWATCHDOG-20240305-0204.dmp sysdata.xml WERInternalMetadata.xml...
  5. My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.

My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.: My pc specs... RX 7900 XTX, Ryen 7 5800x. The error message im getting is... LiveKernelEvent 141, Files that help describe the problemWATCHDOG-20240305-0204.dmp sysdata.xml WERInternalMetadata.xml...
  6. Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly: I have played Sea of Thieves for years now, and ever since Sunday the 18th, it has had issues regarding the launching of the game.I was updating it following the latest patch/update, and since then I have received error code: 0xc0000005 upon the splash screen of the game,...
  7. Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly

Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly: I have played Sea of Thieves for years now, and ever since Sunday the 18th, it has had issues regarding the launching of the game.I was updating it following the latest patch/update, and since then I have received error code: 0xc0000005 upon the splash screen of the game,...
  8. Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. my laptop crashes the bluescreens for a second and then goes to the startup screen then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop crashes the bluescreens for a second and then goes to the startup screen then...: i tried multiple mays but it still crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-crashes-the-bluescreens-for-a-second-and/d919d819-664c-4f28-a714-724322cc3d75
  10. my laptop crashes the bluescreens for a second and then goes to the startup screen then...

my laptop crashes the bluescreens for a second and then goes to the startup screen then...: i tried multiple mays but it still crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-crashes-the-bluescreens-for-a-second-and/d919d819-664c-4f28-a714-724322cc3d75