Windows 10: Startup delay hide app

Discus and support Startup delay hide app in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if anyone here knew how to delay an app start on windows 10 but do it in such a way that when it starts it doesn't open the window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xeeker, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Xeeker Win User

Startup delay hide app

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone here knew how to delay an app start on windows 10 but do it in such a way that when it starts it doesn't open the window instead it sits in the windows tray. For example if you have steam as an autostart with windows then the main window does not open however if you delay if (which I tried with task manager), the delay works but I could not find anything to have it not open the window and stay in just the app tray in the background.

:)

Xeeker, Dec 19, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Startup delay hide app

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Dec 19, 2018
  5. sofia New Member
    Hello...
    You can using free tools, to delay programme starting with windows.
    Try these tools
    Autorun Organizer
    WinPatrol

sofia, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Startup delay hide app

1. Startup delay hide app - Similar Threads - Startup delay hide

2. Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?: I'm running Windows 11 23H2 with all the updates installed. I have several 5 programs added to shell:startup so they can launch automatically at boot.I'd expect these apps to start launching maybe up to 5 seconds after seeing the desktop, but for some reason, most of the time...
  3. Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?: I'm running Windows 11 23H2 with all the updates installed. I have several 5 programs added to shell:startup so they can launch automatically at boot.I'd expect these apps to start launching maybe up to 5 seconds after seeing the desktop, but for some reason, most of the time...
  4. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  5. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  6. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: My wifi used to connect almost instantly on startup. Recently it has started taking 1 min after startup before it will connect automatically. It can connect instantly manually by either unchecking and checking "connect automatically" or by hitting "connect". It just wont do...
  8. Delayed startup of second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Delayed startup of second monitor: This is a weird one I think. My PC is setup to run with two monitors - a BenQ PD2700U and Samsung Syncmaster 2693HM. Until recently both started up at the same time. For the last couple of weeks the Samsung one doesn't start up till about 2 hours after the BenQ. I have...
  9. App Startup Delay

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App Startup Delay: Hey All, I have had a strange issue ever since updating to 2004. Most apps that I open have around a ~10 sec delay before they open. I have checked the task manager and event logs but I can't seem to find anything related to this issue. The app doesn't even appear in the...
  10. Programs startup delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs startup delay: So I had this big problem that is bothering me for a while and started a while back where when I click on a program, it takes 5 to 10 minutes to start...why is it doing this because it is bothering me a lot and I need it to stop doing it because of how much it is bothering...