Windows 10: Startup diagnostic loop. Wont finish and restarting wont work

Discus and support Startup diagnostic loop. Wont finish and restarting wont work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been dealing with this all day. No progress. I have tried turning it on and off again, I tried reseting, one try keeping my files and one try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AstraeusBlack, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Startup diagnostic loop. Wont finish and restarting wont work

I have been dealing with this all day. No progress. I have tried turning it on and off again, I tried reseting, one try keeping my files and one try deleting them, neither working. I tried finding posts and videos that might help, and I cant even get to the first step.

I think my problem is memory? So I tried reseting the memory on the computer a lil bit ago, but that didnt work either.

I have an asus notebook pc model #x555L with an intel core i3. The computer originally had windows 8 but I upgraded to 10 when it came out.

I have once factory reset my computer due to personal reasons, not computer reasons. Thats all I can think of.

I regularly play games on my laptop. I have steam downloaded, as well as origin. The only sort of sketchy things I had downloaded was technic launcher for mods of minecraft. I have downloaded it plenty of times on other computers without problem so I doubt thats part of the problem.

The only changes I make is mostly cosmetic. The last change before this was changing the priority of minecraft running from below normal to above normal.

Thats all I know and can figure out

:)

AstraeusBlack, Sep 29, 2018

2. Recovery to normal startup from diagnostic startup in windows 10

Hi Dimas,

There are different factors that can contribute to the issue you're facing that your computer wont boot up to the normal Windows 10 environment after using diagnostic startup. This could be caused by corrupted files or settings that need to be reconfigured.
    As a initial recommendation, kindly refer to the steps below to start the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Recovery to normal startup from diagnostic startup in windows 10

All those can work only if you can logged in. In my case, i cannot logged in at all because there is no log in form to filled. There are only 4 icons showed up on the lower right corner wich is not helping me to solved my problem. Now, i can recover after
    conducting crashboot for windows 10. shut down the computer, Turn on again and Hold down the SHIFT KEY, when it start to boot force it to shut down. Do it twice (Dont Forget to Hold the SHIFT key). In the 3rd time, the Diagnostic repair screen will appear.
    There are some option. Choose the StartUp Mode, and then follow the instruction to conduct safe mode. After restart, we will entering the safe mode.

after entering the safe mode then you can do Run the MSConfig, checklist the normal startup. And restart. Done. Computer Back to normal

Dimas-Husna, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Startup diagnostic loop. Wont finish and restarting wont work

My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!

I tried doing that but I don't have any option like that!
    Startup diagnostic loop. Wont finish and restarting wont work [​IMG]
    !

The Magician, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Startup diagnostic loop. Wont finish and restarting wont work

1. Startup diagnostic loop. Wont finish and restarting wont work - Similar Threads - Startup diagnostic loop

2. startup shortcut wont run

in Windows 10 Support
    startup shortcut wont run: win 10 v1909 I copied a shortcut for realtemp to both all users & my startup folder & it wont run on bootup. I know its possible cause I have coretemp in there & it runs. 178398
  3. Laptop wont restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop wont restart: I update my laptop a few days ago and was going around and deleting files i don't need over here in doing so i believe i messed up. I went in to my setting to restart my laptop but every time it till me There a problem restarting my laptop no changes were made. Dose anyone...
  4. Restart loop, repair menu wont even load.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart loop, repair menu wont even load.: This is my last hope because im completely lost. Context. I was moving my os to ssd from hdd. I used macrium reflect to do this. After transferring everything and formatting my hdd(this did not shut down my pc everything was working fine before i shut it down). I went to...
  5. microsoft store wont finish downloading..

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store wont finish downloading..: for some reason it uninstalled and now i was redownloading it but it is stuck at 95% i also some how lost nvidia control panel and it wont download because the store isnt finished......
  6. Can start PC , restart wont work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can start PC , restart wont work: Hello Please help, My deadline assigment is near and My Pc keep have a problem So I just done updating my Pc, then it restart by itself. After that it become“Ran Problem need to restart” , so I restart but it show up “Automatic Repair Your PC didn’t start correctly”, so I...
  7. Memory diagnostic wont run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory diagnostic wont run: As title states I'm having trouble getting the built in memory diagnostic tool to run. I'm able to open the tool and click the restart prompt but after doing so my computer screen goes black and will stay that way indefinitely until i press the power button on my cpu tower...
  8. It wont restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It wont restart: I hard reset my laptop. So everything was erased. It was installing windows when i accident shut it down. Everytime it says that unexpected error has occured. It says press ok and it will restart. But its just an endless loop. I dont know how to fix it. I tried shift and f10...
  9. Pc wont finish starting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc wont finish starting up: I have turned on my pc and it gets to the windows screen like it would just before it starts and nothing happens no loading symbol. It stays like this I tried to get into automatic repair by restarting it 2-3 times it gets to the logo screen and says prepairing automatic...
  10. Computer wont startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wont startup: I was copying a cd to a flash drive when the screen did this. [img] It was flickering back and forth when this happened. I captured the pic with my phone. When I tried to restart the computer the fan would start then shut right off repeatedly. I was hoping it was the...