Windows 10: Startup Doesn't Allow Choice Between Operating Systems on Separate SSDs, Screen Brightness...

Discus and support Startup Doesn't Allow Choice Between Operating Systems on Separate SSDs, Screen Brightness... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My motherboard is ASUS Z97-A. I've not been able to re-install The BIOS. (Version 3503, American Megatrends. My motherboard doesn't recognize the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephenPlunkett, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Startup Doesn't Allow Choice Between Operating Systems on Separate SSDs, Screen Brightness...

My motherboard is ASUS Z97-A. I've not been able to re-install The BIOS. (Version 3503, American Megatrends. My motherboard doesn't recognize the .CAP file) The boot order neither has Windows Boot Manager nor "the P5 WDC boot option" the boot menu has. My sign-in may or may not boot into The P5 WDC. Neither SSD/OS has consistent brightness. The P5 is much the less consistent than the other. What might straighten out my sign-in?

:)

StephenPlunkett, Jul 7, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 7, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Startup Doesn't Allow Choice Between Operating Systems on Separate SSDs, Screen Brightness... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Startup Doesn't Allow Choice Between Operating Systems on Separate SSDs, Screen Brightness...

Dual boot not allowing to select Operating system.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

Suggest you to try the below mentioned steps and check if they helps you.

* Press Windows logo key + R to open run command

* Type Systempropertiesprotection into it and hit
    Enter key.

* Go to Advanced tab, then click Settings
    under Startup and Recovery

* Select the check box against theTime to display list of operating system
    under System startup.

* Set the time in seconds if required, then click OK and
    OK.

Now restart your PC and see if it give option to choose operating system on
    System startup.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Startup Doesn't Allow Choice Between Operating Systems on Separate SSDs, Screen Brightness...

1. Startup Doesn't Allow Choice Between Operating Systems on Separate SSDs, Screen Brightness... - Similar Threads - Startup Doesn't Allow

2. Why doesn't Windows allow brightness adjustment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Windows allow brightness adjustment?: Before you tell me to check "Action Center" and "Settings - Display" and "Control Panel - Device Manager" AND "update your GPU driver" I already did. So what's the secret?...
  3. Why doesn't Windows allow brightness adjustment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't Windows allow brightness adjustment?: Before you tell me to check "Action Center" and "Settings - Display" and "Control Panel - Device Manager" AND "update your GPU driver" I already did. So what's the secret?...
  4. Why doesn't Windows allow brightness adjustment?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and operating system not booted on startup: This morning I tried to turn on my laptop but when i pressed the power button it would turn on the keyboard backlight and other such lights but the screen is black and a graphics driver restart does not make any sound which leads me to believe the operating system is not even...
  6. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and operating system not booted on startup: This morning I tried to turn on my laptop but when i pressed the power button it would turn on the keyboard backlight and other such lights but the screen is black and a graphics driver restart does not make any sound which leads me to believe the operating system is not even...
  7. Black screen and operating system not booted on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Operating system not found at startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Operating system not found at startup.: No problem I will just reset this pc so I can keep my files right? Apparently not. When I try to do anything in troubleshooting it asks me to log in to my admin account. Password incorrect. I must've forgotten my password. Reset it and try again, password incorrect. Repeat 3...
  9. Windows 10 on two separate SSDs in the same system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on two separate SSDs in the same system: I currently have a m.2 ssd in my laptop but have room for an additional 2.5 inch ssd and another m.2 - I plan to fill every slot. My only 2.5 inch ssd already has windows and additional data on it, my question is: do I need to wipe my 2.5 inch ssd for it to work or will it...
  10. Choice Between Win 7 & 10 at Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choice Between Win 7 & 10 at Startup: I'm getting a screen when I start the PC asking me to choose between Windows 7 and Windows 10 or set/change defaults. I'm sure this wasn't here when I first upgraded...am I meant to be getting this? 25890