Windows 10: Startup doesn't show password box, also says host is invalid + more fun stuff!

Discus and support Startup doesn't show password box, also says host is invalid + more fun stuff! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, not sure what section to post this in. Hope this is fine. So all of a sudden today on login, instead of showing a password box to type into, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adamthemute, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Startup doesn't show password box, also says host is invalid + more fun stuff!

Hey, not sure what section to post this in. Hope this is fine.

So all of a sudden today on login, instead of showing a password box to type into, it instantly says password is invalid. After a few clicks of "Sign In" (then back to the instant "password is invalid"), the password box appears. After typing it, it then says host is invalid.

After some research it seems this happens sometimes with a failed Windows or program update. The only new programs I installed were legit programs (CCleaner, HitmanPro), so I guess this this is a Windows update thing.

I was hoping to just hop into safe mode, delete the newest Windows update, or even turn off a password requirement, but no. Safe mode requires the same login and does the same thing (I don't remember requiring a safe mode password?).

Tried System Restore with the 3 points I had available - all failed with an error. The last Windows update logged as a restore point wasn't super recent either. Weird.

So is my only option a Windows re-install?

:)

adamthemute, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 12, 2019
  3. the handle is invalid HELP!

I'm going through the same thing right now. i tried to go in and come in on safe mode but it still would give me the same error. Now it will take my password, start to log in and bring up my main screen but it blip then goes back to the sign in page where i put my password in it would give that 'invalid handle" message.

mobtonguezilla, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Startup doesn't show password box, also says host is invalid + more fun stuff!

Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Startup doesn't show password box, also says host is invalid + more fun stuff!

1. Startup doesn't show password box, also says host is invalid + more fun stuff! - Similar Threads - Startup doesn't show

2. Password is correct but the laptop but says it is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password is correct but the laptop but says it is invalid: Ive been trying to connect to my laptop however the password I used is not working with the account. I know 100% that this is the password and I checked multiple times that there were no errors in typing the password I even tried using the eye to make sure it was correct too....
  3. Password is correct but the laptop but says it is invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password is correct but the laptop but says it is invalid: Ive been trying to connect to my laptop however the password I used is not working with the account. I know 100% that this is the password and I checked multiple times that there were no errors in typing the password I even tried using the eye to make sure it was correct too....
  4. Password is correct but the laptop but says it is invalid

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. No password box on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password box on startup: Hello.I made a post about this before but did not get any help. Been on Win11 for over a month now, no issues before until now. I booted up out of sleep mode and for some reason there was no password box for me to log in. I restarted thinking it would help, instead I got...
  6. No password box on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password box on startup: Hello.I made a post about this before but did not get any help. Been on Win11 for over a month now, no issues before until now. I booted up out of sleep mode and for some reason there was no password box for me to log in. I restarted thinking it would help, instead I got...
  7. Pin invalid but password also?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin invalid but password also?: Hi! So when I started up my PC which I only got about a month ago after its first ever update, I got a message about the pin being unavailable. And I got to the point where I needed to do some other stuff like hard resetting my PC a couple times and getting to some menu, and...
  8. Password input box doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password input box doesn't show up: I have issue with my Dell-5577 laptop window. Earlier, laptop was worked fine. But after the windows update issue began- Sign-in button appears and after clicking it the password text input field doesn't show up. Instead, it directly forwards to saying "The password is...
  9. Items on Taskbar not responding + other fun stuff

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Items on Taskbar not responding + other fun stuff: Hi, about a month ago I started noticing some weird stuff going on with windows. Sometimes the windows related items on the task bar (search, vol, control panel) won't respond to being clicked. The Taskbar still appears and the other apps like Chrome and stuff still work but...
  10. Password box is displayed on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password box is displayed on startup: My desktop computer recently installed Windows version 2004 automatically. Since then the startup behavior has changed. When I start up, it now displays the password box. It used to start up and display the lock screen image. To display the password box, I pressed the space...