Windows 10: Startup entryin Task Manager: Windows Terminal

Discus and support Startup entryin Task Manager: Windows Terminal in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know what have Windows Terminal WindowsTerminal.exe to do in the autostarts ? If it is just for a starting service for Windows Terminal,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by .Legion, Aug 28, 2020.

1. .Legion Win User

Startup entryin Task Manager: Windows Terminal

Does anyone know what have Windows Terminal WindowsTerminal.exe to do in the autostarts ?

If it is just for a starting service for Windows Terminal, it would not be in the Startups I guess.

Warm regards

:)

.Legion, Aug 28, 2020
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Task Manager-Startup

Here are three methods to invoke a task:

1. By placing a program or a shortcut into this folder:

c:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. By specifying it in this registry location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    3. By creating a scheduled task that gets triggered at startup or at logon time.

Frederik Long, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Startup entryin Task Manager: Windows Terminal

Startup in Task Manager

Hello, I am an independent advisor and would happy to help you with this. If you bring up your start menu, and in the search bar, type Task Manager. At the top of the Task Manager box, you should see a tab called Startup. Is the program that you want to
    disable listed? If so, right click on the program and click disable. Reboot and that program should no longer run at startup.

NateLindberg, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Startup entryin Task Manager: Windows Terminal

1. Startup entryin Task Manager: Windows Terminal - Similar Threads - Startup entryin Task

2. Terminal process in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal process in Task Manager: Hello,What is the process called Terminal, shown in the Task Manager? Its icon is a sort of a black box. I'd be happy if you could clarify.Thanks,ET https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-process-in-task-manager/f3eecb4a-3f65-427f-b157-240a206a778c
  3. Terminal process in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminal process in Task Manager: Hello,What is the process called Terminal, shown in the Task Manager? Its icon is a sort of a black box. I'd be happy if you could clarify.Thanks,ET https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-process-in-task-manager/f3eecb4a-3f65-427f-b157-240a206a778c
  4. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  5. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  6. MSASCuiL in Task Manager startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSASCuiL in Task Manager startup: Should I disable this program MSASCuiL?Is it potentially harmful for my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msascuil-in-task-manager-startup/fae45d8f-d6c4-441f-a920-731870ad8be6
  7. Startup in Task Manager

Startup in Task Manager: Windows 10. My Startup page in Task Manager shows no programs, yet I still have a program starting upon startup. I have already tried a few "fixes" recommended online, without success, such as: - Recreating the Startup file in...
  8. Startup Impact in Windows Task Manager

Startup Impact in Windows Task Manager: Hello, How can measure? e.g: Adobe Reader is High and Bing Desktop is Medium. Thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-impact-in-windows-task-manager/cf9834f7-0fae-4240-abe5-17d7e5fb4ea5
  9. Task Manager-Startup

Task Manager-Startup: I would like to be able to add, delete and/or edit items in the start menu. Is there a way I can do this? I assume this is a registry edit. Information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your attention....
  10. Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416