Windows 10: Startup Error Message : Inaccessible Boot Device

Discus and support Startup Error Message : Inaccessible Boot Device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since this yesterday, whenever my PC is turned on , the following error message appears: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. You can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anon7861, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Anon7861 Win User

Startup Error Message : Inaccessible Boot Device

Since this yesterday, whenever my PC is turned on , the following error message appears:

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. You can restart.

If you’d like to know more, you can search online for this error : INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

However, when I restart by pressing the RESTART button, it starts to do an automatic repair but the process repeatedly fails as does all other recovery options. I cannot even Refresh or Reset and it is not even possible to re-install Windows with all files and settings intact.

What could I have done wrong and is there a way to fix the problem or do I have to format the hard drive and re-install Windows afresh which will mean that all my files and settings will be deleted. Can someone please help?

:)

Anon7861, Jan 6, 2019
  2. okkid Win User

INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error in BSOD at startup

Been a busy few days... but, as I suspected, the tests reveal no hardware issues.
    Memory Test

Startup Error Message : Inaccessible Boot Device [​IMG]

HDTune tests

Seatools Test

Chkdsk Test of the C: boot partition was ok, but I messed up getting the log, and blurred the screen photos. Sorry. After successfully completing all 5 stages, with no file system or other problems reported, the message was:-
    "Windows has scanned the file system and found no problem.
    No further action is required"

I took a complete backup of all the partitions on the drive, so the data is safe. I'd like to know if there is a way to save/restore the apps and settings (as referenced in my original post) if I have to do a reset or re-install?

I appreciate your help axe0. Looking forward to how best to proceed....

okkid, Jan 6, 2019
  3. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE on startup

zablablukas, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Dlambert Win User

Inaccessible boot device

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but maybe you can have a try. Windows operating system backups a working registry for recovery purpose. You can perform registry backup restoring to fix the inaccessible boot device error. The pre-condition is that you can access to the Advanced startup opotions of your PC. You'll need to use the command prompt.
    Also, steps are a little bit complicated. However, if you follow the guide strictly, no mistake should be made. You can Google how to restore from Registry Backup, or refer to this article for help. Inaccessible Boot Device Lenovo.
    Regards.

Dlambert, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Startup Error Message : Inaccessible Boot Device - Similar Threads - Startup Error Message

2. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  3. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  4. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot device error: Someone to please help me fix this error my computer won't start or reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device-error/5613a115-72d4-48b1-8f49-190f161acabd
  5. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible boot device error: Someone to please help me fix this error my computer won't start or reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device-error/5613a115-72d4-48b1-8f49-190f161acabd
  6. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inaccessible boot device error: Hello, i uninstalled the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and then restarted the computer. But after restarting the windows does not start and keeps giving the Inaccessible Boot device error and restarts the laptop. And when the laptop restarts the windows Automatic...
  7. Inaccessible Boot Device Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible Boot Device Error: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330S. I just bought it 2 months ago and after an update 3 a few days ago, it would not boot up. I get a a blue screen with a stop: inaccessible boot device message. I found some postings that show how to get to the Troubleshooting screen and Advance...
  8. Windows 10 Startup Failure (Error INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Startup Failure (Error INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE): So as i said in the subject, my windows 10 computer errors with INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-startup-failure-error-inaccessible-boot/65a22a28-7a1a-4210-b46d-ae6af6779d6d
  9. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error in BSOD at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error in BSOD at startup: Hi everyone. My partner's Win10 Pro PC presented with INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error last week. No idea what brought it on, although I note that recent January updates have affected other TenForums users. I have read up those and other IBD threads, but, while they have been...
  10. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE on startup: Hello! I've just tried turning on my PC and it shows me a BSOD saying INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. Yesterday everything was fine. I turned it off normally like always. I haven't updated any drivers either and there are no external drives or USBs connected. I liked for some...