Windows 10: Startup executable removed from registry after Redstone 5 upgrade; bug or policy?

Discus and support Startup executable removed from registry after Redstone 5 upgrade; bug or policy? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I'm a hobbyist programmer and have a software project for personal use (non commercial/non distributed). The software adds itself (through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michael Leocádio, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Startup executable removed from registry after Redstone 5 upgrade; bug or policy?

Hey,

I'm a hobbyist programmer and have a software project for personal use (non commercial/non distributed).

The software adds itself (through WinAPI) to Windows startup in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

But right after upgrading from RS4 to RS5 I realized the program wasn't launched; the reason: the key entry was removed, certainly by the update process.

Is this a bug or any internal policy?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Michael Leocádio, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing Windows 10 (Redstone 5) Bug Bash Insiders2Campus Contest

Source:

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Startup executable removed from registry after Redstone 5 upgrade; bug or policy?

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Startup executable removed from registry after Redstone 5 upgrade; bug or policy?

1. Startup executable removed from registry after Redstone 5 upgrade; bug or policy? - Similar Threads - Startup executable removed

2. execution policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    execution policy: on my computer I checked the execution policy. these are the results I got:-MachinePolicy Restricted - UserPolicy Undefined - Process Undefined - CurrentUser Undefined - LocalMachine Unrestrictedis it ok that the localmachine is set to unrestricted. Note: I changed the group...
  3. execution policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    execution policy: on my computer I checked the execution policy. these are the results I got:-MachinePolicy Restricted - UserPolicy Undefined - Process Undefined - CurrentUser Undefined - LocalMachine Unrestrictedis it ok that the localmachine is set to unrestricted. Note: I changed the group...
  4. Remove Uninstalled Apps from Startups and Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Uninstalled Apps from Startups and Registry: I downloaded installed PowerShell on my pc but later uninstalled the application. I don't know why it is still showing in my Start up apps in task manager. How do I get rid of it?I tried to check through the registry but can find it. Any help?...
  5. Remove Uninstalled Apps from Startups and Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Uninstalled Apps from Startups and Registry: I downloaded installed PowerShell on my pc but later uninstalled the application. I don't know why it is still showing in my Start up apps in task manager. How do I get rid of it?I tried to check through the registry but can find it. Any help?...
  6. Redstone 5 Reset option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Redstone 5 Reset option: I haven't got a solution before, so I post it again. Here are the screenshots below when I try to reset my Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] There are no more options besides these two like the previous version. My question is if I choose the second option, Remove files and...
  7. PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry: it was detected as bad by dell who used Norton power eraser to locate the issues in my computer, Norton says they can not fix it, that Microsoft needs to fix it , I came to micorosoft to get help a tech, tried to reinstall Microsoft windows, after the computer restarted a...
  8. Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update: I updated my windows on 3rd Oct and was quite happy because I wasn't facing the BSOD problem but it doesn't last 1 week. My system became very slow. It is taking at least 50 sec to open any browser (Chrome, Edge, and Firefox). 5 days back it ran into BSOD, anyhow I recovered...
  9. Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5: My PC has several issues after I update it to Windows 10's latest RedStone5 update through insider program. They are making my life a hell- Cortana is starting to listen me when I say "Hey Cortana" but cannot respond to what I am saying. [I have already done many tasks...
  10. Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:: My problem is that when I click the right mouse button to open the Options page, when I go to: New Crashes absurdly, and reaches the point of shutting down Explorer......