Windows 10: Startup Failure – We removed some recently installed updates

Discus and support Startup Failure – We removed some recently installed updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows computer update section displays a message after you sign-in— We removed some recently installed updates to recover... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 3, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Startup Failure – We removed some recently installed updates

WinClub, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 3, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Startup Failure – We removed some recently installed updates - Similar Threads - Startup Failure –

2. Failure of installation of some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure of installation of some apps: I tried downloading WhatsApp and some other apps on my PC but it's not working out. What should I do to make these apps to be installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failure-of-installation-of-some-apps/df2c4c3c-cf03-4db7-bcb4-7f022ac7b125
  3. Failure of installation of some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure of installation of some apps: I tried downloading WhatsApp and some other apps on my PC but it's not working out. What should I do to make these apps to be installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failure-of-installation-of-some-apps/df2c4c3c-cf03-4db7-bcb4-7f022ac7b125
  4. I suddenly received a “Startup Failure: We removed some recently installed updates” message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I suddenly received a “Startup Failure: We removed some recently installed updates” message...: I was trying to play a game yesterday and my PC bluescreened. When it booted back up again, something was wrong, so it ran the boot diagnostic and then came back on. When it came back up, it gave me this message: “Startup Failure: We removed some recently installed updates to...
  5. I suddenly received a “Startup Failure: We removed some recently installed updates” message...

I suddenly received a “Startup Failure: We removed some recently installed updates” message...: I was trying to play a game yesterday and my PC bluescreened. When it booted back up again, something was wrong, so it ran the boot diagnostic and then came back on. When it came back up, it gave me this message: “Startup Failure: We removed some recently installed updates to...
  6. I suddenly received a “Startup Failure: We removed some recently installed updates” message...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Recent update removed a startup app

Recent update removed a startup app: Yesterday Microsoft updated me to 2004 build 19041.630. Windows considerately told me that it had removed my 8 gadget pak from startup. I still have my 8gadget pak, and I can find it by clicking on the start menu, scrolling to the 8gadget pak and then clicking the drop down...
  8. We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing...: Ok, this is more of a suggestion to Microsoft to seriously think about implementing for Windows Update. I have 2 updates downloading as I write this, Windows 10 Insider Preview 20251.1 fe_release, which is currently downloading and stands at 2% downloaded. Security...
  9. Computer failure after recent updates installed

Computer failure after recent updates installed: Have 2 acer laptops that crashed after the latest updates were installed. Did I read right that any older computer or computers that are not on a specific last will not function properly? One of the fixes is to revert to a previous version of windows., Doesn't make sense...
  10. Recent update failure

Recent update failure: Ever since July 10, 2018—KB4338819 (OS Build 17134.165) was installed the computer has been very slow to respond EVERYTHING is slower Programs fail to respond videos quit loading mid way thru VERY FRUSTRATING...