Windows 10: Startup folder

Discus and support Startup folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot find the startup folder on windows.. i have tried typing shell:startup but it says that windows could not find it... 80525 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cerawy, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

Startup folder

I cannot find the startup folder on windows.. i have tried typing shell:startup but it says that windows could not find it...

:)

Cerawy, Mar 29, 2017

2. Startup Folder

Drag it or a Shortcut to it into the Start folder. I typically put Shortcuts myself, that way the programs can stay where they were originally installed.

Solar-Eclipse, Mar 29, 2017
  3. Startup Folder

The Startup folder is here

Solar-Eclipse, Mar 29, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Startup folder

Brink, Mar 29, 2017
  5. Cerawy Win User
    not as far as i remember... i tried looking in the task manager but it doesnt show any of my startup items.. and i cannot get to the startup folder... the closest i can get is to the appdata and roaming folders

Cerawy, Mar 29, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If Task Manager has a Startup tab, then you might also look at the other locations in the tutorial above to see if any of them may have your startup items listed.

Brink, Mar 29, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Since the Startup folder is missing, you might see if opening an elevated command prompt, enter the command below, and press Enter may restore the Startup folder afterwards.

attrib -h "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" /s /d

Brink, Mar 29, 2017
  8. Cerawy Win User

Startup folder

it says file not found *Sad

Cerawy, Mar 29, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Any luck with startup items at the other location?

Brink, Mar 29, 2017
  10. If it does not exist, you can re-create it, then the command shell:startup will work.

md "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

The other location is here, but it requires admin permission to access/change.

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You can use Autoruns (Logon tab), if that does not show anything, then they are most likely gone.

TairikuOkami, Mar 29, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In addition to the above post by TairikuOkami, it would be the registry locations from Option 3 in the tutorial in post #2.

Brink, Mar 29, 2017
  12. Cerawy Win User
    There is a folder there called run which contains some of my programs, but I don't see any options to add new programs to it.

Sorry but I really don't understand this. *Huh It's really technical.

Cerawy, Mar 29, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Startup folder

Cerawy,

You would need to open a command prompt, and run the command below to do what TairikuOkami posted.

md "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

Brink, Mar 29, 2017
  14. TairikuOkami, Mar 29, 2017
  15. Cerawy Win User
    Ah, got it. I just did it and now there is a folder called startup if i click on the start menu and programs. If I click windows key + R and type shell:startup the folder will also open.

Cerawy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Startup folder

1. Startup folder - Similar Threads - Startup folder

2. Folders keep opening on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders keep opening on startup: My startup keeps opening a lot of folders. I figured out that those folders are all located in my startup folder so I deleted them. However, when I restart, those folders exist again....
  3. Folders keep opening on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders keep opening on startup: My startup keeps opening a lot of folders. I figured out that those folders are all located in my startup folder so I deleted them. However, when I restart, those folders exist again....
  4. Due to some malware my startup path has been changed to TEMP folder path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Due to some malware my startup path has been changed to TEMP folder path: When I start or restart my windows, it opens every file or folder inside my TEMP folder. When I tried shell:startup in Run it is opening TEMP folder. Also, I have tried sfc /scannow but there are no errors, everything is fine.Output: [Windows Resource Protection did not find...
  5. Due to some malware my startup path has been changed to TEMP folder path

Due to some malware my startup path has been changed to TEMP folder path: When I start or restart my windows, it opens every file or folder inside my TEMP folder. When I tried shell:startup in Run it is opening TEMP folder. Also, I have tried sfc /scannow but there are no errors, everything is fine.Output: [Windows Resource Protection did not find...
  6. AUTO-CREATION OF "XboxGames" FOLDER ON STARTUP OF MY PC

AUTO-CREATION OF "XboxGames" FOLDER ON STARTUP OF MY PC: hi, so i downloaded efootball23 from microsoft store in pc few days ago to test it for the first time. my laptop didn't meet 2 of the system requirements so i uninstalled the game after a few minutes of laggy gameplay. during that time i had to create an xbox account of the...
  7. AUTO-CREATION OF "XboxGames" FOLDER ON STARTUP OF MY PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AUTO-CREATION OF "XboxGames" FOLDER ON STARTUP OF MY PC: hi, so i downloaded efootball23 from microsoft store in pc few days ago to test it for the first time. my laptop didn't meet 2 of the system requirements so i uninstalled the game after a few minutes of laggy gameplay. during that time i had to create an xbox account of the...
  8. AUTO-CREATION OF "XboxGames" FOLDER ON STARTUP OF MY PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. roaming folder open multiple folder automatically after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roaming folder open multiple folder automatically after startup: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roaming-folder-open-multiple-folder-automatically/29502287-873f-4e31-ac1a-e4ac319f6589
  10. roaming folder open multiple folder automatically after startup

roaming folder open multiple folder automatically after startup: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roaming-folder-open-multiple-folder-automatically/29502287-873f-4e31-ac1a-e4ac319f6589