Windows 10: Startup glitch

Discus and support Startup glitch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Im a layman in laptops, calling on site techs for their feedback. I have a HP 15, Windows 10, Intel Celeron N3050 Processor, 4GB memory . Its my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by celticscorpio, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Startup glitch

Hello, Im a layman in laptops, calling on site techs for their feedback. I have a HP 15, Windows 10, Intel Celeron N3050 Processor, 4GB memory . Its my back up pc, I update it, then put it on backburner, using my primary.

The last 2 times Ive started it to update it, Its began startup, got to HP logo, then shut down. Both times, when I start the 2nd time, it starts normally , though a bit slow for a couple of hours, until I update it . Today, when Hitman Pro scanned my PC , it came up with 3 files it deemed as suspicious. Theyre below:

WdNisDrv.sys

WdBoot.sys

WdFilter.sys

all 3 were located in :

C:WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wd\

Both times that this happened, after updating everything, plus disk cleanup and Defragmenting, ran fine, until I shutdown as a backup, and restarted a week or so later to update.As I said, Im a layman in deep tech issues, could one of the site pros give me some feedback to this issue, Id sure appreciate it.

Robert

celticscorpio

:)

celticscorpio, Dec 17, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Geobod Win User
    Startup windows 10 glitching

Startup glitch [​IMG]

Startup glitch [​IMG]

Startup glitch [​IMG]

It's getting glitchy like this every interface related to windows 10 is messed up however if i write anything in the search as you can see it's fine and also if i open "This PC" still fine nothing wrong with it and when i start any app it runs fine nothing more than usual, i don't recall downloading anything since that happen and i ran CCleaner + antivirus scan still nothing.

Please suggestions and solutions!

Edit: I ran the sfw /scannow command didn't work and also did the restorehealth command also didn't work, any other suggestions?

Geobod, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Startup glitch

Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Startup glitch

1. Startup glitch - Similar Threads - Startup glitch

2. Weird monitor glitches on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird monitor glitches on startup: On each restart i always get this screen and i have to put my computer to sleep and turn it back on to fix anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-monitor-glitches-on-startup/996620b1-e11e-472d-b5d9-25aa59acd9fe
  3. Weird monitor glitches on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird monitor glitches on startup: On each restart i always get this screen and i have to put my computer to sleep and turn it back on to fix anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-monitor-glitches-on-startup/996620b1-e11e-472d-b5d9-25aa59acd9fe
  4. Windows Advanced startup options half of screen blacked out, glitching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Advanced startup options half of screen blacked out, glitching: So I was trying to enter the advanced startup options in my windows laptop by pressing shift+restart. But once it enters there only the top 1/4 of the screen is visible and the bottom 3/4th isn't displaying so I can't see any of the options. Windows is running completely fine...
  5. Windows Advanced startup options half of screen blacked out, glitching

Windows Advanced startup options half of screen blacked out, glitching: So I was trying to enter the advanced startup options in my windows laptop by pressing shift+restart. But once it enters there only the top 1/4 of the screen is visible and the bottom 3/4th isn't displaying so I can't see any of the options. Windows is running completely fine...
  6. Fix Minecraft Black Screen glitch on startup in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Minecraft Black Screen glitch on startup in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Minecraft is a game that needs no introduction. It is super popular and it has more than 100 active users all around the world. However, a big chunk of the users are pissed by the Minecraft Black Screen glitch and they want to know how to fix it. According to some,...
  7. Graphic glitches on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic glitches on startup: Hi, I started having problems with my pc after installing Windows 11, after more then a week everything worked fine until these graphic glitches started appearing on my taskbar, flickering and blinking. I am using Nvidia RTX 2060 with latest 496.76 driver version. I tried...
  8. Graphic glitches on startup

Graphic glitches on startup: Hi, I started having problems with my pc after installing Windows 11, after more then a week everything worked fine until these graphic glitches started appearing on my taskbar, flickering and blinking. I am using Nvidia RTX 2060 with latest 496.76 driver version. I tried...
  9. Microsoft surface laptop won’t startup, windows screen logo glitches, then switches off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft surface laptop won’t startup, windows screen logo glitches, then switches off: Hi all,Im having an issue with my windows surface laptop, it abruptly switched off. I tried to turn it on, the startup windows logo kept glitching then laptop turned off again, im not sure why its doing this, I would really appreciate you’re recommendations on...
  10. Microsoft surface laptop won’t startup, window icon glitches, then switches off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft surface laptop won’t startup, window icon glitches, then switches off: Hi all,Im having an issue with my windows surface laptop, it suddenly switched off. I tried to turn it on, the startup windows icon keeps glitching then laptop turned off again, im not sure why its doing this, I would really appreciate you’re recommendations on...