Windows 10: Startup in Start

Discus and support Startup in Start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 just an hour ago and already got a problem! The 'Start' menu of Windows 7 has a 'Startup' function. I have been looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by martian, Sep 8, 2016.

1. martian Win User

Startup in Start

I installed Windows 10 just an hour ago and
    already got a problem!

The 'Start' menu of Windows 7 has a
    'Startup' function. I have been looking for an
    equivalent application in Windows 10 but
    could not find any.

Did Microsoft decide to eliminate this function
    or did they give this function another name or
    did they hide it somewhere?

Does anyone out there know?

TIA to anyone who helps.

:)

martian, Sep 8, 2016

2. Startup recovery not starting

Hi,

We suggest you to use a recovery drive to reset your computer. For more information on how to reset computer using a recovery drive, refer to this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Sep 8, 2016
  3. AliSubooh Win User
    Startup recovery not starting

I resetted my windows 10 laptop as it was having some problems.In the process the battery of my laptop went down.I charged my laptop and then I opened it.Startup recovery opened up and then a blue window popped up with two options Restart,Advanced options.I
    chose advance option and then chose continue to windows 10.After that my laptop began restarting repeatedly. Whenever it reached the loading window it rebooted.I tried powering of three times to again enable startup recovery but no option came pls help

AliSubooh, Sep 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Startup in Start

Hello, if you only have one problem with Win 10, assuming it's new to you, you're doing well. If you know little about Windows 10, I suggest you search the web for articles about it, and in particular search for
    What's new in Windows 10
    What's new in Windows 10 Anniversary
    Windows Anniversary problems

By 'Startup' function do you mean the Startup folder in the Start menu?
    You refer to this as an application (= program), so I am unsure.

You may well be happier replacing the rather disfunctional win 10 start menu with Classic Shell (free) - much recommended here. You can make that look like Win 7's, or expand in columns across the screen- highly configurable and correctly expresses a traditional start menu with folders and subfolders - which you will have if you upgraded from Win 7.

And it does show Startup.

dalchina, Sep 8, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    There are 2 startup folders in Windows 10. If you want a program to run at starttup, copy the executable to one of the folder below:

• %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup ==> Specifically for each user in the PC.
    • %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup ==> For all users in the PC

NOTE: Change Folder Options to show hidden folders

topgundcp, Sep 8, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    It's hidden. The Start-up folder still exists and functions as it always did. It's just not shown on the Start menu anymore (not unless you use something like Classic Shell, that is).

In fact (as before) there are actually two Start menus, one for All Users and a personal one for each user. Microsoft would seem to prefer install programs to add an entry in the appropriate Run registry key (again, there are two). The start-up folder still exists for (presumably) backward compatibility.

As it has been since Start was first seen in Windows 95, the two Start menus (all users and personal) are merged into one and shown as a single Start menu. For Windows 10 their start-up folders are here:
    All users: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
    Per User: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Startup in Start

1. Startup in Start - Similar Threads - Startup Start

2. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING: Hi,1 Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows shutdown then the start window manufacturer's logo but it sticks there and I have to power off and on again.NONE of my selected...
  3. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING: Hi,1 Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows shutdown then the start window manufacturer's logo but it sticks there and I have to power off and on again.NONE of my selected...
  4. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING: Hi,Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows shutdown then the start window manufacturer's logo but it sticks there and I have to power off and on again.NONE of my selected...
  5. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING: Hi,Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows shutdown then the start window manufacturer's logo but it sticks there and I have to power off and on again.NONE of my selected...
  6. TranslucentTB doesn't start at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TranslucentTB doesn't start at startup: Ever since the last two cumulative Windows updates, TranslucentTB no longer starts automatically when Windows starts. The "Open at boot" setting in TranslucentTB always sends me to Settings>Apps>Startup, which it never used to do. It used to accept the setting in the app. Now...
  7. TranslucentTB doesn't start at startup

TranslucentTB doesn't start at startup: Ever since the last two cumulative Windows updates, TranslucentTB no longer starts automatically when Windows starts. The "Open at boot" setting in TranslucentTB always sends me to Settings>Apps>Startup, which it never used to do. It used to accept the setting in the app. Now...
  8. How to manage WindowsApps startup behavior? Apps WhatsApp, GameBar, YourPhone, etc start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to manage WindowsApps startup behavior? Apps WhatsApp, GameBar, YourPhone, etc start...: I have a problem with disabling WindowsApps C:\Program Files\WindowsApps from startup. I am OK with the apps running in the background after I explicitly execute them. For example, WhatsApp is running in the background on my Windows 11 system after system bootup despite it is...
  9. How to manage WindowsApps startup behavior? Apps WhatsApp, GameBar, YourPhone, etc start...

How to manage WindowsApps startup behavior? Apps WhatsApp, GameBar, YourPhone, etc start...: I have a problem with disabling WindowsApps C:\Program Files\WindowsApps from startup. I am OK with the apps running in the background after I explicitly execute them. For example, WhatsApp is running in the background on my Windows 11 system after system bootup despite it is...
  10. Bonjour service being disabled and not starting in Windows 11 on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bonjour service being disabled and not starting in Windows 11 on startup: Been having an issue with the Bonjour services under Windows 11.It shows as stopped and disabled after startup. I have repeatedly set the service to automated to start, then started it.... but every reboot and it goes back to disabled.Before reboot:After reboot:Note that I...