Windows 10: startup issue after windows 10 installation

Discus and support startup issue after windows 10 installation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thank you in advance for your help. Recently I updated my HP Windows 7 to 10. There were several glitches that I managed to repair. But here's one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sylvan, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Sylvan Win User

startup issue after windows 10 installation

Thank you in advance for your help. Recently I updated my HP Windows 7 to 10. There were several glitches that I managed to repair. But here's one that has stumped me. My startup items are limited to the following: Canon printer, CCleaner, Classic Shell, Cyberghost, Ditto, Google Toolbar Notifier, HP Beats, Malwarebytes AntiExploit and RocketDock. If I re-start my computer from the Start menu it loads up normally. However, if I shut down (using the shut down in Start menu) and try to start, it remains stuck, my screen showing only a blue window icon. I then have to shut down manually and when I re-start, using the power button on my tower, the computer loads up normally.

:)

Sylvan, Aug 20, 2016

2. Internet Explorer 11 starts automatically when Windows 10 starts

I have multiple users with the same issue. IE starts up with Windows 10. This is after a clean install of windows 10. I have already added IE to startup folder and marked disabled under the startup tab in Task Manager.

Simon Liu (sliu), Aug 20, 2016
  3. slow down startup

in windows 8 it takes 30 sec to startup

in present windows 10 it takes 2.30 min to startup

this is after installing windows 10

what steps to boost the startup as no other settings are changed

bhupeshnarula, Aug 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi at a guess this is somehow linked to Fast Startup, which you can disable if you wish.
    Please read:
    The Pros and Cons of Windows 10 Mode

It could also help if you can complete your PC specs.. thanks!

dalchina, Aug 20, 2016
  5. Private Win User
    Private, Aug 20, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    haha - fast startup..*chuckle

dalchina, Aug 20, 2016
  7. Sylvan Win User
    Very good. Fast Start was the culprit. One more glitch out of the way. Now on to others. Thx so much for your quick and accurate reply.

Sylvan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. startup issue after windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - startup issue installation

2. Startup Issue in windows after logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Issue in windows after logging in: I have windows 11 and since yesterday after putting password instead of going to home screen, a white screen and a shadow box shows up.. yesterday it had a login form but today it’s blank and i can’t access the task manager using the shortcut too. Please help...
  3. Startup Issue in windows after logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Issue in windows after logging in: I have windows 11 and since yesterday after putting password instead of going to home screen, a white screen and a shadow box shows up.. yesterday it had a login form but today it’s blank and i can’t access the task manager using the shortcut too. Please help...
  4. Windows 22H2 not installing startup issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 22H2 not installing startup issue: I am currently in the Windows 11 21H2 version, and I was't getting the new update 22H2 in Windows Update so I went and installed Windows 11 Installation Assistant from the microsoft website. It worked correctly on my laptop but I'm having problems installing it on my PC. When...
  5. Windows 22H2 not installing startup issue

Windows 22H2 not installing startup issue: I am currently in the Windows 11 21H2 version, and I was't getting the new update 22H2 in Windows Update so I went and installed Windows 11 Installation Assistant from the microsoft website. It worked correctly on my laptop but I'm having problems installing it on my PC. When...
  6. Startup Issue After Installing 2022 Update KB5012159

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Issue After Installing 2022 Update KB5012159: Recently, after installing the update KB5012159, I noticed a change in my laptop's behaviour. At the point where I am supposed to see my desktop after Windows Hello, the screen keeps "blinking" a number of times like the desktop is reloading again and again. It does this for...
  7. Startup Issue After Installing 2022 Update KB5012159

Startup Issue After Installing 2022 Update KB5012159: Recently, after installing the update KB5012159, I noticed a change in my laptop's behaviour. At the point where I am supposed to see my desktop after Windows Hello, the screen keeps "blinking" a number of times like the desktop is reloading again and again. It does this for...
  8. Issues with windows after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with windows after startup: submitted by /u/Tommh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5toen/issues_with_windows_after_startup/
  9. Windows 10 Startup issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Startup issues: Hi, I have a Old Lenovo T61 laptop with Windows 7. Recently battery is dead. Windows 7 worked perfect with dead battery. After updating to Windows 10, Laptop worked for 1 or 2 days. After that Windows 10 is not booting. The moment I press Start button, It goes till startup...
  10. Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 black screen startup issue after installing latest patches: Some Windows 10 devices may boot to a black screen when they are started for the first time after installing the latest updates for the systems. Microsoft acknowledged the issue on June 14, 2019. Client and server editions of Windows 10 are affected by the issue according to...