Windows 10: Startup Issue Desktop is black, no taskbar, start menu, or icons - applications/task...

Discus and support Startup Issue Desktop is black, no taskbar, start menu, or icons - applications/task... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; everytime i restart my computer this happens. previously i've fixed it by just opening chrome for a few minutes but this time that isn't working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by evfr, Jun 30, 2021.

1. evfr Win User

Startup Issue Desktop is black, no taskbar, start menu, or icons - applications/task...

everytime i restart my computer this happens. previously i've fixed it by just opening chrome for a few minutes but this time that isn't working. windows key doesn't work, ive tried every solution from restarting explorer.exe to clearing thumbnail + icon cache and nothing has worked. if you look up "windows 10 desktop black no icons no taskbar" and click on one of the "fixes" shown on the first page of google, ive already tried it and it failed. help me

:)

2. KomouPoji Win User

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Jun 30, 2021
  4. BettyEAM Win User

Startup Issue Desktop is black, no taskbar, start menu, or icons - applications/task...

task viewer icon(virtual desktop)

I have the same problem. The task viewer icon was there but is now gone. I have gone through the steps you listed but no viewer. Then I created a new profile and the task viewer is there. Now, how do I get the task viewer back in my taskbar in my
    original profile??

BettyEAM, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Startup Issue Desktop is black, no taskbar, start menu, or icons - applications/task... - Similar Threads - Startup Issue Desktop

2. Desktop Icons blank/distorted; Taskbar icons gone; No start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons blank/distorted; Taskbar icons gone; No start menu: First off, a little background information. This is a brand new Dell PC i5, 8GB RAM, SSD 512GB that came with Windows 11 22H2 Home pre-installed; I subsequently upgraded to Pro as we are in a domain environment. After a few days of use strange things began happening, desktop...
  3. Desktop Icons blank/distorted; Taskbar icons gone; No start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons blank/distorted; Taskbar icons gone; No start menu: First off, a little background information. This is a brand new Dell PC i5, 8GB RAM, SSD 512GB that came with Windows 11 22H2 Home pre-installed; I subsequently upgraded to Pro as we are in a domain environment. After a few days of use strange things began happening, desktop...
  4. Frozen desktop, black taskbar without icons and slow startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen desktop, black taskbar without icons and slow startup: So I recently had a problem where my ASUS laptop is taking so long on the startup, and after several minutes, the desktop freezes entirely and the taskbar is completely black except for the bar where you search for things I don't know what is called. Keep in mind, I didn't...
  5. Frozen desktop, black taskbar without icons and slow startup

Frozen desktop, black taskbar without icons and slow startup: So I recently had a problem where my ASUS laptop is taking so long on the startup, and after several minutes, the desktop freezes entirely and the taskbar is completely black except for the bar where you search for things I don't know what is called. Keep in mind, I didn't...
  6. Frozen desktop, black taskbar without icons and slow startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Desktop, Taskbar, and Explorer icons are broken. Not start menu icons though.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop, Taskbar, and Explorer icons are broken. Not start menu icons though.: When I turned on my pc today all of my icons were broken as seen in the below images. I've tried restarting my computerseveral times, restarting Windows Explorer through task manager, going to C:\Users%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer and deleting the...
  8. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.: Recently my computer does not work properly, when I boot it up, it takes a vert long time for the icons on the desktop to load, while bot being able to open start menu, when I open Task Manager it stops working. I've tried safe mode, clean start up, sfc scans and nothing...
  9. Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive on desktop and task manager will not open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive on desktop and task manager will not open: Title says it all. Taskbar won’t even load app icons. I only have recycle bin on my front page so I don’t know if apps like chrome would even open, but when I open the bin and try to navigate to my files it’s goes unresponsive. Right clicking does not do anything on the...
  10. Issue with a task manager startup application

Issue with a task manager startup application: So recently I opened my task manager startup, and I saw something that I am a little bit concerned about. There's a file that just says "Program" and it has no publisher? I can't link to the file location so I don't know what it is from. Just worried it might be a virus and I...