Windows 10: Startup Issues

Discus and support Startup Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC, following a storm and power outage, boots to the Windows logo. It is very dim. Monitor is working fine. The startup chime sounds and the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshWebb3, Mar 18, 2020.

1. JoshWebb3 Win User

Startup Issues

My PC, following a storm and power outage, boots to the Windows logo. It is very dim. Monitor is working fine. The startup chime sounds and the screen remains black. I have tried multiple times to force the repair process by force restarting the computer.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

JoshWebb3, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Startup Issues

Startup issues since upgrading to Win 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try performing "Startup Repair" and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and click on Restart from login screen.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced Options.
    • Select Startup Repair and follow the on screen instructions.
    Let us know if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Startup Issues

1. Startup Issues - Similar Threads - Startup Issues

2. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  3. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  4. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?: Stop code :Memory ManagementStop code:Kernel Security check Failure Stop code: System Thread exception not handled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-could-be-the-issue-if-the-bsod-generates-more/352602cd-4cef-4769-9380-4d7012b284ed
  6. What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?

What could be the issue if the BSOD generates more than one stop code errors during startup ?: Stop code :Memory ManagementStop code:Kernel Security check Failure Stop code: System Thread exception not handled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-could-be-the-issue-if-the-bsod-generates-more/352602cd-4cef-4769-9380-4d7012b284ed
  7. Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup: I am reaching out for assistance regarding an ongoing issue I've encountered on two of my Windows 11 computers. Both machines are relatively new purchased within the last year and exhibit the same problem, which does not occur on my older computers running the same Windows...
  8. Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup

Persistent Performance Issues on Windows 11 with OneDrive and Google Drive at Startup: I am reaching out for assistance regarding an ongoing issue I've encountered on two of my Windows 11 computers. Both machines are relatively new purchased within the last year and exhibit the same problem, which does not occur on my older computers running the same Windows...
  9. Aptio Startup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aptio Startup Issue: Hi! I need some help. I have an MSI gaming laptop. Got a 1Tb storage installed today. Previously, I’d been having issues with the Aptio Setup popping up. It was because the hard drive was loose, but now its popping up again..only this time it’s stuck on the “Checking Media...
  10. Aptio Startup Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Aptio Startup Issue: Hi! I need some help. I have an MSI gaming laptop. Got a 1Tb storage installed today. Previously, I’d been having issues with the Aptio Setup popping up. It was because the hard drive was loose, but now its popping up again..only this time it’s stuck on the “Checking Media...