Windows 10: Startup/Login Sounds

Discus and support Startup/Login Sounds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've found a few articles online about how to enable the log in/logoff and startup sounds in 10. I've followed them, enabling their registry options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-BoardsOfCanada-, May 11, 2020.

1. Startup/Login Sounds

So I've found a few articles online about how to enable the log in/logoff and startup sounds in 10. I've followed them, enabling their registry options and setting a sound for each in the Sound dialog box. The option does appear, along with the horn icon. Clicking "Test" plays them just fine. However, when I lock or log off, it doesn't play. Same when I log in. I've rebooted, and still nothing.

There's a suggestion from Winaero to make a Task to play them, but it only worked for logoff. I have no idea why customizing sounds is this difficult in 10 that you'd have to do registry changes and task scheduling just to do something so basic. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong if I can't get them to work. Any thoughts?

submitted by /u/-BoardsOfCanada-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-BoardsOfCanada-, May 11, 2020

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 11, 2020
  3. windows10 startup sound not working

Hi,

For us to provide you with the a proper solution, are you only referring to the startup sound? If not, have you tried playing audio from different programs?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Sound troubleshooter in Control Panel to check for any errors.

Here are the steps:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and type Troubleshooting.
    • In the results, click on Troubleshooting (Control Panel).
    • In the Troubleshooting window, click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Sound, click on Playing audio.

Note: We also suggest that you run Hardware and Devices under Devices.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, May 11, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Startup/Login Sounds

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Startup/Login Sounds

1. Startup/Login Sounds - Similar Threads - Startup Login Sounds

2. No sound on StartUp

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound on StartUp: I got no sound when i boot the computer. I have to restart audiosrv service and after that, it works until i boot the pc again. this is really annoying, did someone counter the same problem and knows a solution? thanks! submitted by /u/Sharkymoto [link] [comments]...
  3. Startup problems login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup problems login: This is rather complicated. I was having problem with RDP. When connecting there was a message about another user and did I want to connect. If I said yes it then said Waiting for [computer name]/Administrator to respond. About a minute later it would log in. I spend several...
  4. Startup problems login

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup problems login: This is rather complicated. I was having problem with RDP. When connecting there was a message about another user and did I want to connect. If I said yes it then said Waiting for [computer name]/Administrator to respond. About a minute later it would log in. I spend several...
  5. startup login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    startup login: About 2 weeks ago I had to get a new modem from my internet provider and the startup login that was on my laptop is now on my desktop and the startup login that was on my laptop is now on my desktop. Why did this happen and what caused it to happen and how do I change it?...
  6. Startup Sounds

Startup Sounds: How do I change startup sounds? I've edited the Regedit file, I've turned off fast startup, ticked the box labeled "play windows startup sounds", and changed the default sound to my own sound, but it still plays the basic windows 7 startup sound. submitted by /u/zaanirk06...
  7. startup sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    startup sound: Heya MS community, I am having some trouble after installing windows 10. I am getting the same startup sound as it was in my previous version of windowswindows 7 professional. I have also removed the previous version of windows from my pc. Please tell me how should I...
  8. Startup login THEN subsequent login?

Startup login THEN subsequent login?: Basically I'm thinking about making my computer more secure Is there a way to make it so that the 1st password (on boot) requires a password made up of whatever I want But after that I can just use a pin to log back in. Like after locking my screen or waking my PC from...
  9. password login at startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password login at startup: I have a HP laptop and when I turn it on it starts normal until it comes to the part where I need to put my password in and only the letter i and a few numbers and the space bar work. I have to click on the forgot password and when I do that all my keyboard works again but I...
  10. Windows startup sound displays on the login screen itself!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows startup sound displays on the login screen itself!!: My laptop plays the windows startup sound plays even before the main start/desktop screen.It plays while the loading screen is running with the starting sign.Is there any solution for that? 95176