Windows 10: startup menu failure

Discus and support startup menu failure in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My startup menu is longer available. I click on the windows icon or hit that key and nothing happens. Consequently, I have lost access to some features... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmdicola, Aug 13, 2015.

1. jmdicola Win User

startup menu failure

My startup menu is longer available. I click on the windows icon or hit that key and nothing happens. Consequently, I have lost access to some features and have to go through a bunch of other steps even to open documents. Has anyone else had this problem? I talked to the techno people where I do business and they didn't know the answer. I sometimes wish I had stuck with 8.1 and never downloaded 10!Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

:)

jmdicola, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Gol4del Win User

Startup Menu Critical Failure

Gentlemen,

I am not a tech person nor am I familiar enough with Win 10 or any other OS to be working technical fixes to these issues. It is a product malfunction created or enabled by Microsoft and Microsoft should make a patch, to correct it and make it available
    to all Win 10 users. We, customers that pay the bills and salaries, feel that we are being ignored. Just tell us what Microsoft is doing to correct this and when we can expect a fix and this will be more tolerable. The, try this, try that, does little but
    inflame already irritated customers. If the engineers cant fix it, folks like me certainly have little chance of success fixing it. It is time to present facts and fixes, not suggestions.

Gol4del, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Startup Menu Critical Failure

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. I suggest you to try performing a
    repair In-place upgrade. A repair In-place upgrade will repair operating system files while preserving your personal files, settings and installed applications. Doing this will allow Windows 10 to pick and install correct Audio
    driver during upgrade process, which might fix the issue.

We recommend you to take a Backup of personal and important files to avoid unwanted situations.

How
    to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

Note: If you’ve already successful activated Windows 10 on this PC, including if you upgraded by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer you won't need to enter a Windows 10 product key. You can skip the product key
    page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will automatically activate later.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

startup menu failure

1. startup menu failure - Similar Threads - startup menu failure

2. Critical Startup Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Startup Failure: I woke up today, and when I turned on my PC, I'm greeted by Stop Code: Critical Process Died with Error Code 0xc0000001. However, when I tried to attempt some of the fixes on the forum, the Error Code changes to 0xc0000098. I have attempted to get my PC to launch into...
  3. Critical Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Startup Failure: I woke up today, and when I turned on my PC, I'm greeted by Stop Code: Critical Process Died with Error Code 0xc0000001. However, when I tried to attempt some of the fixes on the forum, the Error Code changes to 0xc0000098. I have attempted to get my PC to launch into...
  4. Critical Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Startup menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup menu not working: Hi,I have windows 10 and the startup menu is not working. Nothing is happening when I tried Windows+I either. I think I need to reinstall windows because the system is randomly removing programs and I can't run any installed programs because startup menu is not working. Can...
  6. Startup menu not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup menu not working: Hi,I have windows 10 and the startup menu is not working. Nothing is happening when I tried Windows+I either. I think I need to reinstall windows because the system is randomly removing programs and I can't run any installed programs because startup menu is not working. Can...
  7. Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Failure: Running Win 10 Pro with latest updates. I have recently been getting very slow garbage downs. When I next power up the machine, I often get the ASUS splash screen with a moving circle, but it doesn't boot all the way. I have to shut down with the power button and then start...
  8. Failure to startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failure to startup: My laptop fails to start up after I reset the device. Now what i can see only screen is this blue screen. If I choose any option below then the laptop restart itself. It then comes back to this blue screen. I have tried command prompt>start up repair, the laptop restarts then...
  9. Startup & Boot Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup & Boot Failure: Recently, My laptop ran into a Malware problem the antivirus Kaspersky removed it but after a while my laptop ran into bsod but i recovered from that again while using the laptop while opening memory consuming apps lile chrome Photoshop the screen flickers into black screen...
  10. Debugging Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Debugging Startup Failure: My Windows 10 won't boot. I can't get into safe-mode. I tried System Restore from recovery page but it didn't solve the problem. First I need to know what is preventing my windows from booting properly so I tried enabling debugging feature but I can't find ntbtlog.txt file...