Windows 10: startup menu failure

Discus and support startup menu failure in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My startup menu is longer available. I click on the windows icon or hit that key and nothing happens. Consequently, I have lost access to some features... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmdicola, Aug 13, 2015.

1. jmdicola Win User

startup menu failure

My startup menu is longer available. I click on the windows icon or hit that key and nothing happens. Consequently, I have lost access to some features and have to go through a bunch of other steps even to open documents. Has anyone else had this problem? I talked to the techno people where I do business and they didn't know the answer. I sometimes wish I had stuck with 8.1 and never downloaded 10!Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

:)

jmdicola, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Gol4del Win User

Startup Menu Critical Failure

Gentlemen,

I am not a tech person nor am I familiar enough with Win 10 or any other OS to be working technical fixes to these issues. It is a product malfunction created or enabled by Microsoft and Microsoft should make a patch, to correct it and make it available
    to all Win 10 users. We, customers that pay the bills and salaries, feel that we are being ignored. Just tell us what Microsoft is doing to correct this and when we can expect a fix and this will be more tolerable. The, try this, try that, does little but
    inflame already irritated customers. If the engineers cant fix it, folks like me certainly have little chance of success fixing it. It is time to present facts and fixes, not suggestions.

Gol4del, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Startup Menu Critical Failure

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. I suggest you to try performing a
    repair In-place upgrade. A repair In-place upgrade will repair operating system files while preserving your personal files, settings and installed applications. Doing this will allow Windows 10 to pick and install correct Audio
    driver during upgrade process, which might fix the issue.

We recommend you to take a Backup of personal and important files to avoid unwanted situations.

How
    to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

Note: If you’ve already successful activated Windows 10 on this PC, including if you upgraded by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer you won't need to enter a Windows 10 product key. You can skip the product key
    page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will automatically activate later.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

startup menu failure

1. startup menu failure - Similar Threads - startup menu failure

2. Boot menu @ startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot menu @ startup: How to stop boot menu @ startup in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-menu-startup/9d13da18-285d-4fdb-9fd3-607cf4cf1fe5
  3. Fast Startup Failure (Windows 10 1903)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fast Startup Failure (Windows 10 1903): Hi all I've been having an issue with Windows 10 reporting an error with 'fast startup failing', it lists a critical 'Kernel power - system' error of 41. The error log meanwhile lists the kernel-boot and error '29', with the text reading 'Windows failed fast startup with...
  4. press the escape key for startup menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    press the escape key for startup menu: press the escape key for startup menu has no effect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/press-the-escape-key-for-startup-menu/206e6777-a48f-4965-9ca9-a8e715f58676
  5. Win 10 keyboard failure on startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 keyboard failure on startup.: Win 10 does not allow keyboard input on startup. Had this problem several years ago and it was a failure of a program to load because of a registry error. I can't remember the fix. Any help much appreciated....
  6. Debugging Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Debugging Startup Failure: My Windows 10 won't boot. I can't get into safe-mode. I tried System Restore from recovery page but it didn't solve the problem. First I need to know what is preventing my windows from booting properly so I tried enabling debugging feature but I can't find ntbtlog.txt file...
  7. Laptop Startup on Battery Failure

Laptop Startup on Battery Failure: My smallThomson NEO 10.1" laptop refuses to startup on it's battery ever since updating W10 last month to the latest version. When trying to start the blue indicator comes on briefly and then goes out. Starting is only possible when using the mains adaptor. Can anyone give me...
  8. Placing program into startup menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Placing program into startup menu?: I'd like to place my Logitech Setpoint.exe into the startup menu. How? 63519
  9. Where is there a log for a Startup failure

Where is there a log for a Startup failure: Hi On my W10 Medion Erazer PC I sometimes (about every third or fourth start) get a startup failure after both Restart or Hard Boot, with options to Restart, Advanced Startup options etc. I have tried the restart and that has not worked so I go to Startup Repairs...
  10. Intermittent failure to run startup programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent failure to run startup programs: Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. but I haven't been able to find anything recent about it..... I'm running build 9926 and I find that, intermittently, no startup programs (i.e. programs registered under registry "Run" keys - both HKLM and HKCU - or in Start...