Windows 10: Startup of the UMDF reflector

Discus and support Startup of the UMDF reflector in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; in the event viewer I get this information message first: UMDF reflector is unable to connect to service control manager SCM. This is expected during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by niksan29, Dec 5, 2020.

1. niksan29 Win User

Startup of the UMDF reflector

in the event viewer I get this information message first:

UMDF reflector is unable to connect to service control manager SCM. This is expected during boot, when SCM has not started yet. Will retry when it startsEvent ID: 10118

and immediately after that, warning:

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\KIOX020A\1.Event ID: 219

any ideas how should i start the driver at boot time?

:)

niksan29, Dec 5, 2020
  2. havx Win User

Event ID 10118, Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode: UMDF reflector is unable to connect to service control manager (SCM)

I got events with ID 10118, which perhaps resulted in the warnings look like "The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ..."

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode

Date: 2020-07-09 15:30:13

Event ID: 10118

Task Category: Startup of the UMDF reflector

Level: Information

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Computer: XYZ

Description:

UMDF reflector is unable to connect to service control manager (SCM). This is expected during boot, when SCM has not started yet. Will retry when it starts.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode" Guid="{2e35aaeb-857f-4beb-a418-2e6c0e54d988}" />

<EventID>10118</EventID>

<Version>1</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>101</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x2000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-09T08:30:13.6681083Z" />

<EventRecordID>12144</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="580" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>XYZ</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

</EventData>

</Event>

How can I check if UMDF relector has already connected to service control manager (SCM)? If not yet, how can I fix this?

havx, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Startup of the UMDF reflector

UMDF Host Problem Event 10110 Problem Code 11 USB Error ?

Hi,

A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.

For now try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Select “Device Manager”.
    • Locate and expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
    • Right-click on theUSB root hub "
      and click onuninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once the driver uninstalls.
    You can also install driver by the following steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    • Right Click on the USB root hub & Select Update Driver Software.
    • Select browse my computer for a driver software.
    • Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Select the driver option according your device model and install.
    Refer the links below.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/windows/...df-reports-errors?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Using UMDF Verifier

Using UMDF Verifier - Windows drivers

Please get back to us with the results of the issue in regards with
    UMDF Host Problem and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating system. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Startup of the UMDF reflector

1. Startup of the UMDF reflector - Similar Threads - Startup UMDF reflector

2. Startup application doesn't startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup application doesn't startup: Hi there,I'm wanting Discord to startup when I start my computer. It used to startup and open when I started the computer / logged in. But all of a sudden it never does and I have to manually start it. I have tried running Windows + R then shell:startup and adding the discord...
  3. Startup application doesn't startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup application doesn't startup: Hi there,I'm wanting Discord to startup when I start my computer. It used to startup and open when I started the computer / logged in. But all of a sudden it never does and I have to manually start it. I have tried running Windows + R then shell:startup and adding the discord...
  4. STARTUP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STARTUP: Hi I was in my startup settings f12 what does CPU ID FUNCTION LIMIT TO 3 mean Also, there are 2 windows when system starts window 1 window 2 tried the other one was like a whole new system without all my stuff ? THANK YOU TIMMY 2 TOES...
  5. Event ID 10118, Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode: UMDF reflector is unable to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 10118, Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode: UMDF reflector is unable to...: I got events with ID 10118, which perhaps resulted in the warnings look like "The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ..." Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode Date: 2020-07-09 15:30:13 Event ID:...
  6. UMDF Host Problem causing System crash

UMDF Host Problem causing System crash: Hi there, I'm experiencing frequent system crashes these days, and it comes to my attention that there's a critical event in the event viewer indicating a 'UMDF Host Problem'. Here's the full report. And there's no minidump file could be found, but there's one...
  7. startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup: apps will not automatically start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup/fa5d6c05-709e-4ae7-a649-3762a3d208c9
  8. Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup: Sometimes after startup a blank Excel worksheet appears on screen. Sometimes it is difficult to close (a not responding error appears) but eventually manage to close it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup/fb1fb44c-6f47-46fa-ab90-7b12eb2feda0
  9. Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup: Norton Diagnostics have flagged that my Startup is Slow. I have 23 apps starting but have no clue which ones are really necessary for a smooth/quicker startup, nor what to do . Does anyone know?...
  10. startup

startup: why is windows 10, before and after the 2018 april update, on my dell laptop, during startup, using 100% of disk for more than 2 minutes as indicated by task manager.?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. umdf reflector warning

2. umdf reflector