Windows 10: Startup option

Discus and support Startup option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I CAN NOT ACCESS TROUBLE SHOOT OPTION I get to sartup option by using one of the three methods and i press trouble shoot and then it doesn't Show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daniel.s.Tefera, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Startup option

I CAN NOT ACCESS TROUBLE SHOOT OPTION

I get to sartup option by using one of the three methods and i press trouble shoot and then it doesn't Show the "Reset your pc" and "Advanced option" so i can't access cmd and other essential programs please help me

:)

Daniel.s.Tefera, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 27, 2020
  3. feelulive Win User
    windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

when i did 1. 2. 3. steps i checked and problem was SOLVED
    but after 4. 5. 6. 7. steps i checked and no advanced startup options again

1. Make a complete backup image of your current HD including all partitions to an external HD using macrium reflect . Once done, disconnect all USB devices from the PC. Assuming now you only have one HD connected to the PC which you will be installing Windows.
      IMPORTANT: Also create a Macrium Rescue disk to boot from later on.
    2. Boot up your Windows installation USB/DVD. On the first screen, Hold SHIFT + F10 to open Command Windows then type:
      Diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
    3. Click Next, Choose Custom, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not format), when asked for Product ID key, click on "Skip this step"/"Do it later". Continue the Installation.
    4. Once done. With the external HD connected, Reboot your PC with the Macrium Rescue disk, select the image that you created in step 1 as the Source.
    5. Select your current HD/SSD as Destination disk
    6. Restore only C: Drive to it. ie. overwrite the new C: Drive with your backup C: Drive.
      NOTE: See screen shot on how to perform this step
    7. Disconnect all the external devices. Reboot. Windows should perform a startup repair.
    till 4. step there was no windows 10 key activeted and problem vas solved
    but after step 7 i checked key and it was not the same which i purchased, why did that change? i activated purchased key again.
    so is the problem to be a windows 10 key on my pc?
    or do some drivers prevent advancedstartup options?

feelulive, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Startup option

Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Startup option

1. Startup option - Similar Threads - Startup option

2. Crowd Strike fix - How to delete the file if you don't have the "Startup Settings" Option.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crowd Strike fix - How to delete the file if you don't have the "Startup Settings" Option.: Crowd Strike recovery issues, I have a few laptops that do not have the "Startup Settings" option for use, I have tried a lot of the listed ways to get those options, but I have had no luck. I can select the command prompt and it does provide an x:\ but no access to the C:\...
  3. SOLVED: Windows 11 safe mode boot missing Startup Settings option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOLVED: Windows 11 safe mode boot missing Startup Settings option: In 2023 a user posted the question "Windows 11 safe mode boot missing Startup Settings option", which was never solved. That thread is locked so I can't reply with the solution. For all the people hitting this as they try to recover from the Crowdstrike issue, here it is...If...
  4. SOLVED: Windows 11 safe mode boot missing Startup Settings option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLVED: Windows 11 safe mode boot missing Startup Settings option: In 2023 a user posted the question "Windows 11 safe mode boot missing Startup Settings option", which was never solved. That thread is locked so I can't reply with the solution. For all the people hitting this as they try to recover from the Crowdstrike issue, here it is...If...
  5. I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...: How do I make a second option startup file option that displays when booting up my PC to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-add-a-second-startup-option-to-my/ebf1643f-57c1-4e21-9c34-a897371d8e06
  6. I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...

I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...: How do I make a second option startup file option that displays when booting up my PC to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-add-a-second-startup-option-to-my/ebf1643f-57c1-4e21-9c34-a897371d8e06
  7. I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Advanced Startup Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Startup Options: I am trying to get to the Advanced startup options menu so I can reset my pc completely from there. The problem is that I can't get to that menu no matter what I try. I have tried to get to the menu through settings, holding left shift and restarting, using command prompt,...
  9. Advanced Startup Options

Advanced Startup Options: I am trying to get to the Advanced startup options menu so I can reset my pc completely from there. The problem is that I can't get to that menu no matter what I try. I have tried to get to the menu through settings, holding left shift and restarting, using command prompt,...
  10. How to access advanced startup troubleshoot options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access advanced startup troubleshoot options: Hello, so last night I believe I got a virus on my computer as my computer shut off and I got a blue screen saying something along the lines of CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I then went into the advanced startup menu in an attempt to repair the issue but when I went to go to any of...