Windows 10: Startup Password On Booting........

Discus and support Startup Password On Booting........ in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello Y'all-- Okay. I just updated my desktop with all the new updates/upgrades and am ready to go. While I was at it, I also changed the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WishBoy14, Aug 14, 2020.

1. WishBoy14 Win User

Startup Password On Booting........

Hello Y'all--

Okay. I just updated my desktop with all the new updates/upgrades and am ready to go. While I was at it, I also changed the name of my computer. When I went to reboot the system, I was asked for my login password. {I had this feature bypassed so that I wouldn't have to do it every time I booted up prior to this.}

I used the <control userpasswords2> command and checked the box concerning not having to use a password to start up or something like that. The thing I noticed is, that there were NO other commands and/or prompts. I remembered in the past that I usually had to enter my password - most times twice - but this was not the case this time.

I rebooted twice to run an experiment and both times I was asked to log in with my password. What am I not doing? Changing the name of my computer wouldn't cause this would it?

Can someone help me with this? Thank you......!!

:)

WishBoy14, Aug 14, 2020

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 14, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Startup Password On Booting........ - Similar Threads - Startup Password Booting

2. Automatically boots into startup repair and asking for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically boots into startup repair and asking for username and password: My computer was lagging, then shortly after, it froze. I had to shut it down by pressing the power button. When I rebooted, it now automatically goes into startup repair, even when I select to boot normally. I'm assuming it's startup repair because the font is big and doesn't...
  3. Automatically boots into startup repair and asking for username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically boots into startup repair and asking for username and password: My computer was lagging, then shortly after, it froze. I had to shut it down by pressing the power button. When I rebooted, it now automatically goes into startup repair, even when I select to boot normally. I'm assuming it's startup repair because the font is big and doesn't...
  4. Startup password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup password: How can I eliminate the need for a password when first turning on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-password/c60ea641-bd5f-40f4-ae65-995056fd1351
  5. Startup password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup password: How can I eliminate the need for a password when first turning on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-password/c60ea641-bd5f-40f4-ae65-995056fd1351
  6. Startup password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. startup passwords

startup passwords: How do I bypass the password when starting my computer* Moved from Research* OS not specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-passwords/da1aea3a-e5da-4d86-8470-efac90f69e04
  8. startup password

startup password: Yes I'm having a problem with Microsoft account I have a password on my laptop that I have been Locked out of for over a yr now My girlfriend set up a password and has forgotten what it is Now I cannot get into my laptop and I'm sick of it, I have gave all the information it...
  9. password on startup

password on startup: I was given this laptop by my stepson. He gave me the password. How to I get rid of having to put in a password every time I turn it on? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-on-startup/141bde6a-c126-4507-b1f5-5f18af33535a"
  10. Startup and boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup and boot: when i bought my laptop Asus vivobook its startup and everything was working fine but it was showing 100 disc percentage and it was slowing down my laptop and then i searched online for it then i got a video which told that u can delete datastore and downloads form...