Windows 10: Startup position of application on windows Vritual Desktops

Discus and support Startup position of application on windows Vritual Desktops in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi i want to know if it is possible to set startup autorun default postion of any program window. eg. I want to mail app window starts on second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by emexajt, Mar 16, 2020.

1. emexajt Win User

Startup position of application on windows Vritual Desktops

Hi i want to know if it is possible to set startup autorun default postion of any program window. eg. I want to mail app window starts on second Virtual Desktop in right cornerhalf of screen of second screen.

:)

emexajt, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Saving custom desktop icon positions

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

What happens when you customize your Desktop icons?

How long does it retains it positions? Does it change on restart?

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the desktop and click on View.
    • Uncheck the option Align icons to grid.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to boot the computer to
    Safe Mode
    and check if the issue occurs or not. If the issue does not occur in
    Safe mode, set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode perform a
    clean boot
    and check.

Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any
    third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Please refer the steps given in the link below to perform a Clean Boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

How to prevent desktop icons from changing positions

Hi Stephen,

There are various reasons why you're experiencing the issue. Let us isolate your concern by enabling the
    Auto arrange icons option, and then disabling it to see if the issue will persist. To do this follow these steps:

• Go to the Desktop screen, and then right click anywhere.
    • Hover your mouse on View.
    • Select Auto arrange icons.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, check if your Desktop icons are still in the right position after clicking the
      Auto arrange icons option.
    • If your Desktop icons are in the right position, repeat steps 1-3 to disable the
      Auto arrange icons option.
    • Customize the position of your Desktop icons.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, check if the issue will occur.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Startup position of application on windows Vritual Desktops - Similar Threads - Startup position application

2. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...: After the last few upgrades The Windows position after startup is fixed in a position I do not like and I have to always reposition it after start up. I have gone online and tried all fixes suggested but none has worked so far. I have gone into settings etc. and tried all...
  3. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...: After the last few upgrades The Windows position after startup is fixed in a position I do not like and I have to always reposition it after start up. I have gone online and tried all fixes suggested but none has worked so far. I have gone into settings etc. and tried all...
  4. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Adjust desktop position

in Windows 10 Support
    Adjust desktop position: I clean installed Windows 10 for the first time in March 2021. I'm using a 10 years old motherboard with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 32-bit. I was previously on Windows 7 Pro SP1 32-bit. The start menu and taskbar looks correct, but the x-axis coordinates are off. I tested the Chrome...
  6. Two applications at startup on desktop side by side

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two applications at startup on desktop side by side: I have volunteers helping with operating a video system. I have two programs that I want to open at the startup of the windows desktop that are placed side by side after signing into windows. The two programs are not the same size and shape but I don't want them to overlap...
  7. Desktop icon positions

Desktop icon positions: Currently my desktop icons are on a fixed grid. I would like to change them back to a custom grid where I can control their position relative to each other. How do I get rid of the fixed grid?...
  8. How to permanently set position of some application window on desktop

How to permanently set position of some application window on desktop: Hello Experts, I have a few important applications installed on my PC. I frequently need to open and close those applications. However, let's say, when I launched application A, and in order to login into that application, I parallelly need to open another application B to...
  9. Automatically position program/app windows on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically position program/app windows on startup: I have a triple monitor setup and I want some programs to auto start and also position themselves on certain areas of the screen on certain displays. Any idea how I could do this? Do I need a program like display fusion? submitted by /u/smodtactical [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Re-positioning Applications

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Re-positioning Applications: I can't help with drivers ... but there's a way to deal with these things. AutoHotKey let's you define hot keys that can execute a variety of functions. It will even allow you to move windows around on screen. It's a full programming language, too. It won't stop your...