Windows 10: Startup problem in laptop

Discus and support Startup problem in laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have Lenovo Idea Pad and it is in startup problem. In starting, it says Preparing Automatic Repair and restarts lots of time but it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chitradhikari, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Startup problem in laptop

Hi,

I have Lenovo Idea Pad and it is in startup problem. In starting, it says Preparing Automatic Repair and restarts lots of time but it does not solve the problems and occurs restarting. The blue screen says ' Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restarts. we'll restart for you.'

Stop code: Page fault in Notepad area.

What Failed: WimFsf.sys

can you help me in this case to solve the problem and my laptop smoothly?

Hoping your good idea to solve this problem.

Thank you,

:)

Chitradhikari, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 24, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Startup problem in laptop

windows 10 startup problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check if there are any pending Updates.

Kindly perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check the status.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the below steps to perform a Clean Boot.

Check in “clean boot” state, to check if any third party application is causing the issue. Follow these steps to start the computer in clean boot.

Step A:

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type
    ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c) Click the ‘Boot’ tab and uncheck
    ‘Safe Boot’ option.

d) On the ‘General’ tab, click to select the option
    ‘Selective startup’, and then click to clear the option
    Load startup items
    check box.

e) On the ‘Services’ tab, click to select the
    ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ check box, and then click
    ‘Disable all’

f) On the ‘Startup’ tab, click ‘Open Task Manager’.
    In the Task Manager window under startup tab,
    right click on each startup item which are enabled and select ‘Disable’.

g) Click ‘OK’, and then click Restart.

Step B: Enable half of the services

a) Follow steps 1a and 1b to start the System Configuration utility.

b) Click the Services tab, and then click to select the
    Hide all Microsoft services check box.

c) Click to select half of the check boxes in the
    Service list.

d) Click OK, and then click
    Restart

Step C: Determine whether the problem returns.

If the problem still occurs, repeat step 1 and step 2. In step 2, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the
    Service list.

If the problem does not occur, repeat step 1 and step 2. In step 2, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
    Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.

If only one service is selected in the Service list, and you still experience the problem, the selected service causes the problem. Go to step 6. If no service causes this problem, go to
    Step 4.

Step D: Enable half of the Startup items:

If no startup item causes this problem, a Microsoft service most likely causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat step 1 and step 2 without selecting the
    Hide all Microsoft services check box in either step.

Step E: Determine whether the problem returns:

If the problem still occurs, repeat step 1 and step 4. In step 4, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the
    Startup Item list.

If the problem does not occur, repeat step 1 and step 4. In step 4, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
    Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.

If only one startup item is selected in the
    Startup Item
    list, and you still experience the problem, the startup item that is selected in the list is the service that is causing the problem. Go to step 6.

If no startup item causes this problem, a Microsoft service most likely causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat step 1 and step 2 without selecting the
    Hide all Microsoft services check box in either step.

Step F: Resolve the problem:

After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then click
    to clear the check box for the problem item.

Step G: Reset the system to Normal startup mode:

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type
    MSCONFIG and click ‘Ok’.

c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the
    ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click
    ‘Restart’.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Startup problem in laptop

1. Startup problem in laptop - Similar Threads - Startup problem laptop

2. I’m having problems with startup on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m having problems with startup on my laptop.: Hi need help windows 10 keeps rebooting on Samsung laptop logo,I’ve tried everything I can think of including contacting MS Support and got nowhere finally after reading about other peoples problems I came across a screenshot of someone’s drives ,so I checked mine and noticed...
  3. I’m having problems with startup on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m having problems with startup on my laptop.: Hi need help windows 10 keeps rebooting on Samsung laptop logo,I’ve tried everything I can think of including contacting MS Support and got nowhere finally after reading about other peoples problems I came across a screenshot of someone’s drives ,so I checked mine and noticed...
  4. I’m having problems with startup on my laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup problem: Why does my computer startup opens and gives this warning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-problem/8c0df548-1944-4c00-b14f-2b09f431f2eb
  6. STARTUP PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STARTUP PROBLEM: Legion 5-17ACH6H Laptop Lenovo - Type 82JYAfter reinstalling windows for fix corrupted audio, everytime i startup the laptop i always get stuck for a very long period in the loading screen, sometimes i have also graphic problems with some flitching of the mouse cursor.Please...
  7. Problem with startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with startup: Since I reset my PC due to a bug every time I start it up it fails. I have to force it to shutdown and then start it up for it to wake. Any idea what it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-startup/232f0c4d-0625-4c16-9a55-721b8cd69266
  8. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup problem: I need to reinstall windows startup problem and can't get to initial menu but do not have a disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-problem/8445bddc-f389-4b19-a6ef-aac4c1fd7f1d
  9. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup problem: After the windows update on 15/7/18 my lenevo laptop got stuck on lenevo screen and it never go further.Before update everything was fine but after that everything is stopped....pls help ...my whole work has stopped.. My laptop is lenevo ideapad 100...
  10. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup problem: When i press power on the cpu fan and power led only work. No hdd led, no beep and no monitor display. Please help me, my work is pending. Pc specs... Asus p8h61m le 4gb ram 1tb hdd I5 cpu 51142