Windows 10: Startup problems login

Discus and support Startup problems login in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is rather complicated. I was having problem with RDP. When connecting there was a message about another user and did I want to connect. If I said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, Jan 24, 2021.

1. James1093 Win User

Startup problems login

This is rather complicated. I was having problem with RDP. When connecting there was a message about another user and did I want to connect. If I said yes it then said Waiting for [computer name]/Administrator to respond. About a minute later it would log in.
    I spend several days trying to get rid of that and eventually this sort ofworked
    click start
    type netplwiz and press enter
    untick "users must enter a username and password..."
    click apply

Now my RDP session connects great.
    But it I reboot the computer with the screen plugged in it now says
    Administrator
    The Username or password is incorrect. Try again.
    OK

After clciking OK there's a password box and a Reset option.
    There's also 4 names on the LH side at the bottom.
    Administrator
    myname
    Win10
    Administrator

Clicking the first Administrator works, also if I do nothing for about a minute the desktop appears.

Googling found this
    to prevent it asking for a password when waking from sleep, go to settings -> accounts -> sign-in options
    under "require sign-in" select Never.

But I cant do that as it tells me there is no password and I need one to continue.

I'm the only user and just want it to work with no prompts or passwords.
    This PC is not on the net, and normally only used for rdp.

Now if I boot it without a screen RDP is okay... but with a screen RDP still repeats the "another user" and please wait message.
    And on the remote screen is a prompt to allow the connection.
    My win ver is Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.685), remote version is 1511 Build 10586.679

:)

James1093, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 24, 2021
  3. startup login

Hi Tawyna,

Unclear what you are trying to ask.

• What do you mean by a Startup login?
    • Do you mean desktop?

Sumit - Insider MVP, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Startup problems login

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Startup problems login

1. Startup problems login - Similar Threads - Startup problems login

2. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup problem: Why does my computer startup opens and gives this warning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-problem/8c0df548-1944-4c00-b14f-2b09f431f2eb
  3. STARTUP PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STARTUP PROBLEM: Legion 5-17ACH6H Laptop Lenovo - Type 82JYAfter reinstalling windows for fix corrupted audio, everytime i startup the laptop i always get stuck for a very long period in the loading screen, sometimes i have also graphic problems with some flitching of the mouse cursor.Please...
  4. Startup problems login

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup problems login: This is rather complicated. I was having problem with RDP. When connecting there was a message about another user and did I want to connect. If I said yes it then said Waiting for [computer name]/Administrator to respond. About a minute later it would log in. I spend several...
  5. startup login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    startup login: About 2 weeks ago I had to get a new modem from my internet provider and the startup login that was on my laptop is now on my desktop and the startup login that was on my laptop is now on my desktop. Why did this happen and what caused it to happen and how do I change it?...
  6. Startup login THEN subsequent login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup login THEN subsequent login?: Basically I'm thinking about making my computer more secure Is there a way to make it so that the 1st password (on boot) requires a password made up of whatever I want But after that I can just use a pin to log back in. Like after locking my screen or waking my PC from...
  7. Startup/Login Sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup/Login Sounds: So I've found a few articles online about how to enable the log in/logoff and startup sounds in 10. I've followed them, enabling their registry options and setting a sound for each in the Sound dialog box. The option does appear, along with the horn icon. Clicking "Test"...
  8. password login at startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password login at startup: I have a HP laptop and when I turn it on it starts normal until it comes to the part where I need to put my password in and only the letter i and a few numbers and the space bar work. I have to click on the forgot password and when I do that all my keyboard works again but I...
  9. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup problem: After the windows update on 15/7/18 my lenevo laptop got stuck on lenevo screen and it never go further.Before update everything was fine but after that everything is stopped....pls help ...my whole work has stopped.. My laptop is lenevo ideapad 100...
  10. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup problem: When i press power on the cpu fan and power led only work. No hdd led, no beep and no monitor display. Please help me, my work is pending. Pc specs... Asus p8h61m le 4gb ram 1tb hdd I5 cpu 51142